Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#176 Old 14th May 2015 at 2:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simsimillian
I don't think so. From what I've seen, it seems like a lot of hassle re: mods and stuff. I already have a zillion mods in my game

I see. No problem. Maybe I find a good place to build it myself
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#177 Old 14th May 2015 at 2:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nemiga
I see. No problem. Maybe I find a good place to build it myself

I definitely want to see pictures if you do!

Such CAS. Much tactile.

my blog
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#178 Old 14th May 2015 at 2:41 PM
This is the version for SimsMatthew.

=> link <=

You'll have to replace the business rabbithole and redecorate the library, since I exclusively used a bookcase from SN for that. Hope that's ok!

Such CAS. Much tactile.

my blog
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#179 Old 14th May 2015 at 5:46 PM
Holy hell! How did you get the vending machines in the train station dark? That's brilliant! I love that lot. I'm now rethinking the pretty train station I've got going on in Bar Harbor. Haha!

You've done such a great job with this and from the few lots I've looked at already, you've paid such great attention to detail.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#180 Old 14th May 2015 at 6:23 PM
testingcheatsenabled true
ctrl+shift+click => toggle charred state

I think it only works in CAW/EIG because the cheats for building tombs only work there too (and in WA worlds of course)

Also: thanks!

Such CAS. Much tactile.

my blog
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#181 Old 14th May 2015 at 6:35 PM
testingcheatsenabled true
ctrl+shift+click => toggle charred state

I think it only works in CAW/EIG because the cheats for building tombs only work there too (and in WA worlds of course)

Also: thanks!

That's pretty awesome. Definitely different than the charred state from DebugEnabler because that makes it completely unusable and my sims can get drinks from these. I will definitely need to remember to try this! Thanks for the info.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Test Subject
#182 Old 20th May 2015 at 3:25 AM
Hey I'm not sure which version of this world I have BUT the business/journalism office isn't working correctly. The sim gets a job for the rabbit hole but cannot go to work. Which lot is the office on/near so I can go and try to fix it?

Also, amazing work.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#183 Old 21st May 2015 at 7:12 PM
^^ Any chance you don't have Supernatural? The business rabbithole is from that EP so if you don't have that it would disappear...

It's on the far left corner of the downtown area, near the lake.

Such CAS. Much tactile.

my blog
Field Researcher
#184 Old 30th May 2015 at 7:26 AM
How in the name of all llama's did I take so long to spot this? I'm going to give this new beta a whirl right away!

(()) Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that
//\\ has survived, died, or is living with cancer..

Grandpa Joost 1996 †
Test Subject
#185 Old 1st Jun 2015 at 5:57 PM
I have been on this site for a while just downloading and lurking, but your world is so amazing that I just had to thank you for it. Really well done!
Theorist
#186 Old 4th Jun 2015 at 7:04 PM
The only thing I would say negative about the latest build is that it has become less grimy with the new constructions being added. I would point to the more muddier, dank parts of the original hood to show the character of this town. The old warehouses you made before were cool. That type of stuff.
Also I'm proper excited to see this in its production. It's gonna be a big hit when it ships!

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#187 Old 8th Jun 2015 at 1:00 PM
I know that's how you feel, tizerist, but it was important to me to strike a balance between the different areas. Since I play rotation style in a single hood, I wanted that hood to have as much variety as possible while still feeling like a realistic whole.

That said, there are plenty of areas that are sort of dingy, e.g. the abandoned train station and overgrown playground in the military development, parts of the fishing village, swamp and that awesome industrial dive bar Lhonna made. It can be about more than one thing

Such CAS. Much tactile.

my blog
Lab Assistant
#188 Old 8th Jun 2015 at 3:41 PM
I know that's how you feel, tizerist, but it was important to me to strike a balance between the different areas. Since I play rotation style in a single hood, I wanted that hood to have as much variety as possible while still feeling like a realistic whole.

That said, there are plenty of areas that are sort of dingy, e.g. the abandoned train station and overgrown playground in the military development, parts of the fishing village, swamp and that awesome industrial dive bar Lhonna made. It can be about more than one thing

I like the diversity. Completely themed hoods are fun, but they still limit gameplay somewhat. I'm mostly excited about the military base and the chance to play a story about an army family, I've been looking for that
Forum Resident
#189 Old 10th Jun 2015 at 11:36 AM
Hello, I've been following your world for a couple of years now, and I absolutely LOVE it.. The perfect True Blood atmosphere, can't get anymore authentic then this. I downloaded your 2015 beta world, and for some reason premade sims can't be placed into households from Edit town. And I think I may have a idea why. I went into build buy mode from edit town just to see how you decorated lots and to oooh and ahhh over your ideas and noticed that buydebug was already activated. I pulled up the cheat console to turn off buydebug and restrictbuildbuyinbuildings to false. That still didn't fix the problem of being able to move in sims. Do you think you may have left some cheats on when saving the game in CAW? Not really sure how it works, or the mechanics of CAW. It's just a suggestion. Anyway, the world is lovely, and is set up perfectly. I just can't move any sims into it.
Scholar
#190 Old 10th Jun 2015 at 6:17 PM
It looks really great (Ok, maybe I'm not quite sane fan of Twinbrook) but... could you upload the beta elsewhere?

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Instructor
#191 Old 11th Jun 2015 at 5:48 AM
Oh my god yes I have been waiting for this. You are awesome sauce. And I would love to see the builds with the CC also
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#192 Old 12th Jun 2015 at 9:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simsdestroyer
Hello, I've been following your world for a couple of years now, and I absolutely LOVE it.. The perfect True Blood atmosphere, can't get anymore authentic then this. I downloaded your 2015 beta world, and for some reason premade sims can't be placed into households from Edit town. And I think I may have a idea why. I went into build buy mode from edit town just to see how you decorated lots and to oooh and ahhh over your ideas and noticed that buydebug was already activated. I pulled up the cheat console to turn off buydebug and restrictbuildbuyinbuildings to false. That still didn't fix the problem of being able to move in sims. Do you think you may have left some cheats on when saving the game in CAW? Not really sure how it works, or the mechanics of CAW. It's just a suggestion. Anyway, the world is lovely, and is set up perfectly. I just can't move any sims into it.

This is simply a bug that sometimes happens with pre-made worlds (and even store-bought worlds). All you have to do is go into create a household, create 1 household (just 1 sims is fine) and continue. You definitely can move in Sims. The other thing it can be is that you don't get the bubble above a house when you try to move someone in, but the lot turning green when you mouse over it. This is also just a glitch, and shouldn't prevent you from actually moving in. Let me know how it goes!

Quote: Originally posted by ElaineNualla
It looks really great (Ok, maybe I'm not quite sane fan of Twinbrook) but... could you upload the beta elsewhere?

Sure, I guess, but why? And where did you have in mind?

Such CAS. Much tactile.

my blog
Forum Resident
#193 Old 13th Jun 2015 at 12:47 AM
Hello!!! I did exactly what you suggested and now I can move in Sims. Thank you.... So here's what I noticed, since this your beta, I thought I would let you know what's been happening. The movie career rabbithole has some sims getting stuck coming out of it. I deleted some of the inner wall around it, and that seems to have stopped the problem. We'll see as I advance in gameplay. The crab shack dive bar doesn't seem to be able to get a NPC to come and run the bar. I don't want to delete any of the counters (that's my favorite lot, it looks so authentically Bayou), but I may have to so bartender can get to it. That's all I have right now, but I'm playing this world, so I'll be able to post more feedback as I advance. By the way, it's running really smoothly. I have NRAAS SP w/ Woohooer, and about 180 sims set up already in the world. So I'm pushing it to it's limit.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#194 Old 13th Jun 2015 at 9:27 AM
Hello!!! I did exactly what you suggested and now I can move in Sims. Thank you.... So here's what I noticed, since this your beta, I thought I would let you know what's been happening. The movie career rabbithole has some sims getting stuck coming out of it. I deleted some of the inner wall around it, and that seems to have stopped the problem. We'll see as I advance in gameplay. The crab shack dive bar doesn't seem to be able to get a NPC to come and run the bar. I don't want to delete any of the counters (that's my favorite lot, it looks so authentically Bayou), but I may have to so bartender can get to it. That's all I have right now, but I'm playing this world, so I'll be able to post more feedback as I advance. By the way, it's running really smoothly. I have NRAAS SP w/ Woohooer, and about 180 sims set up already in the world. So I'm pushing it to it's limit.

Thank you so much for the feedback! That is exactly the kind of stuff I'm looking for!
The movie studio thing I had already caught and is on my little list of "stuff to fix". I don't know about the crab shack, because mine did get a bartender. Maybe it takes a while for all the NPC's to appear? I do use NRAAS register, so maybe that has something to do with it, or can solve the problem for you so you don't have to start over.

PS: I may have misunderstood you. Are you saying you do have a bartender, but he can't reach the bar? That's strange. There should at least be a back door or something for him to use. I'll look into it.

Such CAS. Much tactile.

my blog
Forum Resident
#195 Old 14th Jun 2015 at 11:47 AM
Hi!!! The Crab shack dive bar is fine, I sent my sim back over to it and there was a bartender running the bar, I guess I just needed to wait for him to get there. Everything has been running really smoothly, especially for me to have put so many sims into this world. I sent my sims over to Fantangia and I just LOVE how it looks!!! OMG you made it as close to the original as possible. Good Job!! The sports bar (can't think of the name right now) that has the elixir store next to it, sims are not going into the front of the store. Their going into the back which is kind of making them bottleneck and causing route failures. It's not a really big deal as some just go to the front of the store, but I thought you would like to know. Super minor. That's all I have for you right now. I've been so submerged into this world, it's really awesome. Oh I forgot, I LOVE Merlotte's too! And Sam's little trailer on the side. Seriously AWESOME WORLD, and it runs really good for it to be the size it is.... I'll let you know as I advance in gameplay if I find anything else.
Scholar
#196 Old 14th Jun 2015 at 5:01 PM
I definitely want to see pictures if you do!

Hahaha, I not good builder, but here you go

Darielle's University

(not finished yet...)
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#197 Old 16th Jun 2015 at 12:02 PM
This is simply a bug that sometimes happens with pre-made worlds (and even store-bought worlds). All you have to do is go into create a household, create 1 household (just 1 sims is fine) and continue. You definitely can move in Sims. The other thing it can be is that you don't get the bubble above a house when you try to move someone in, but the lot turning green when you mouse over it. This is also just a glitch, and shouldn't prevent you from actually moving in. Let me know how it goes!
I just came here to report the same. I chose "Move in Household" and none of the available, affordable lots turned up in Map View, everything remained as if there were none. Clicking on a lot turned it green and I could move in the household. However, I do not think that this is a common glitch and rather something specific to some worlds. I have never so far experienced this with either user-created or Store worlds.

I cannot confim that cheats were pre-enabled when loading the world.

One minor suggestion, in case you work on the world again, is that you might want to turn all lots that contain only rabbitholes into "No Visitors Allowed". All that "Visitors Allowed" does is pull Sims to the lot and if there's nothing there for them to do they will just stand around. It won't encourage them to use the rabbitholes, these have their own pull for MetaAutonomy. Depending on how large a population is, setting rabbithole lots to "Visitors Allowed" will only drain the pool of available Sims for those lots where there is really something going on, like bars or lounges.
Test Subject
#198 Old 17th Jun 2015 at 10:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Don_Babilon
I just came here to report the same. I chose "Move in Household" and none of the available, affordable lots turned up in Map View, everything remained as if there were none. Clicking on a lot turned it green and I could move in the household. However, I do not think that this is a common glitch and rather something specific to some worlds. I have never so far experienced this with either user-created or Store worlds.

I've had this issue on two other worlds; one of which being another user-created world called Alpine County. I don't know if that issue ever did get fixed with world.

I'm loving this world so far and after reviewing the previous posts, all of the issues I've noticed have already been noted. Great work! For a beta release, it's functioning incredibly smoothly and well. I love the architecture so much! My boyfriend and I are huge Francophiles, mainly because he's fluent in French and I know enough to get by; this world is beautiful and perfect for our tastes to play The Sims 3 in.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#199 Old 18th Jun 2015 at 10:05 AM
The sports bar (can't think of the name right now) that has the elixir store next to it, sims are not going into the front of the store. Their going into the back which is kind of making them bottleneck and causing route failures. It's not a really big deal as some just go to the front of the store, but I thought you would like to know.

^^ Sports bar issue has been put on the list and I will look into it. Thanks for the input! Can't take credit for Fangtasia, because I only adapted it. Original creator credited in lot description

Quote: Originally posted by Nemiga
Hahaha, I not good builder, but here you go

^^ wicked ^_^

Quote: Originally posted by Don_Babilon
One minor suggestion, in case you work on the world again, is that you might want to turn all lots that contain only rabbitholes into "No Visitors Allowed". All that "Visitors Allowed" does is pull Sims to the lot and if there's nothing there for them to do they will just stand around. It won't encourage them to use the rabbitholes, these have their own pull for MetaAutonomy. Depending on how large a population is, setting rabbithole lots to "Visitors Allowed" will only drain the pool of available Sims for those lots where there is really something going on, like bars or lounges.

^^ Noted.

Thanks for all the input, guys! It really helps to have a couple of extra sets of eyes on the world, since it's so big and the amount of things to take into account is a bit overwhelming.

Such CAS. Much tactile.

my blog
Mad Poster
#200 Old 19th Jun 2015 at 7:17 AM
I was playing through the world, and I decided to rebuild St. Simmons Cathedral.

This is about as accurate as I could get it to the actual building (wished we could get steeper roofs, though).

No CC, library file here if you're interested.
Page 8 of 11