Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#151 Old 17th Aug 2014 at 5:46 PM
^^ what do you mean by 'a save'? You mean a save of the game I am playing? Or is the download not working any longer?

PS: I know I've been absent for very long but that's because I haven't played Sims in ages as I was saving up for my new computer. I just finished putting it together yesterday and am re-installing all Sims stuff as we speak!

Such CAS. Much tactile.

my blog
Advertisement
Test Subject
#152 Old 17th Aug 2014 at 11:12 PM
I meant a save as Derielle populated with the original dudes from old twinbrook plus any other families you added, so yes, sort of like that, the game you are playing.

The town seems pretty nice and all, the download link works, it's just that you said you updated some stuff on it and showed some new pics, i thought it wouldn't be bad to ask for an update on it because it has been almost a year since you posted that download link.

Boy, time DOES fly.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#153 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 7:08 AM
I understand. I found out yesterday that while I thought I did make thorough backups, I did lose a couple of things in the big system switch, but not everything. I'll have to check.
My game has a TON of CC and store content (not to mention mods), so I don't think a save of the game I play would be useful to anyone.
What I planned to do was just put all the new lots in my library, load up CAW sans CC, place the lots and then adapt them where necessary. I must admit I haven't gotten around to that in ages because, well, it's tedious :$ Though I do hope on the new computer it won't take over 30 minutes to save anything in EIG, so I'm a bit more positive about it now. I do however, also need to go over the routing (yes, again) before uploading a new version, because after many hours of playing, there do appear some problems with Sims' autonomy, and I've been told that can be due to poor routing. Overwatch also keeps finding Sims who stop in their tracks by the side of the road in places for no reason (the road is connected perfectly!) so I thought maybe I need to simplify the road network or cut down the number of lots after all?
I have followed any tutorial I can find about the routing thing, so if anyone has any extra tips on that beside the obvious they'd be greatly appreciated.
Other than that, due to work, I don't think I can squeeze in more than 4 hours of Sim time per any given week... I'm sorry

Such CAS. Much tactile.

my blog
Theorist
#154 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 12:30 PM
Are you decorating the interiors yourself? If so, thats probably why it's taking so long. Interiors are the scourge of world-builders, and the reason why half of all hoods never see their supposed release. Just sayin'. It's up to you.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#155 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 5:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
Are you decorating the interiors yourself? If so, thats probably why it's taking so long. Interiors are the scourge of world-builders, and the reason why half of all hoods never see their supposed release. Just sayin'. It's up to you.

Most of them, but not all. Just the ones I play/played in basically, because I'm building the houses as I play. But I have a huge community of Sims and, well, not much time

Such CAS. Much tactile.

my blog
Field Researcher
#156 Old 26th Aug 2014 at 8:50 AM
I downloaded this hood a few days ago and I'm having a blast. I like that some of the houses have no interior, because that allows me to go nuts with them. The big block of houses on Pirate Alley I turned into apartments (which took a lot of fiddling with the balconies to make them all accessible, but I think it turned out alright), and I've united the two buildings on 702 bourbon street and started decorating that one as a regular house. I'm also building townhouses on the few empty lots.

The only criticism I could offer is on the double supermarket in the fishers area (very simple to solve by deleting the one without paving) and that one of the buildings downtown doesn't have a paved street (also easily solveable)
EDIT: Also, that the adresses of the lots aren't consistent and 'neat'. Some lack an address. Since this can't be changed in-game (as far as I know) this is a little unfortunate, but not a huge problem.

Basically if you want a readymade town that leaves some play room, and you're into building but don't consider yourself very advanced, this neighborhood is amazeballs. There's a very French Quarter-y atmosphere to it and it feels like a town with hustle and bustle. Especially now that my Sim has a small, cozy studio on Pirate Alley, that she enters from the balconies.

Should I post some pictures?

(()) Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that
//\\ has survived, died, or is living with cancer..

Grandpa Joost 1996 †
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#157 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 10:31 AM
Ooh awesome feedback! Thanks!
I'd love some pictures, if you feel like posting

Quote: Originally posted by Annique
one of the buildings downtown doesn't have a paved street

Which one is that? I'm just about done filling in the downtown area, so it might be I've already fixed that.

Could you also tell me what you mean by inconsistent addresses? I thought I went around and named all the roads, picking random numbers for the lots (if I didn't they would never get past number 4 or so, because of how few buildings there are compared to a real street). I also left off community lots here and there to give them distinct names. I'll go over them again, but it would be good to know exactly what you meant.

Such CAS. Much tactile.

my blog
Field Researcher
#158 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 7:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simsimillian
Ooh awesome feedback! Thanks!
I'd love some pictures, if you feel like posting

Which one is that? I'm just about done filling in the downtown area, so it might be I've already fixed that.

Could you also tell me what you mean by inconsistent addresses? I thought I went around and named all the roads, picking random numbers for the lots (if I didn't they would never get past number 4 or so, because of how few buildings there are compared to a real street). I also left off community lots here and there to give them distinct names. I'll go over them again, but it would be good to know exactly what you meant.

It might be that I have an old version of the world or something. I downloaded the link referred to here:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...278#post4241278

But on second view most of the addresses are fine, it's just the lot names, but that can be changed ingame. Maybe it's just the one line of text that threw me off. There is one lot opposite from 8 Gopher Street that isn't adressed, as well as the big lot in the woodlands. But that could work as just off-the-grid wilderness.

The unpaved lot is the 540 Toulouse Street business center, opposite from the gym.

I'm kind of stuck how to do the photo's. There's a size limit, and some of the caps exceed it. Putting it all in one zip file is also kind of clunky. How do you do the spoiler thing? Maybe I can use BB Code to direct link to them and just throw them up on tinypic or something.

(()) Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that
//\\ has survived, died, or is living with cancer..

Grandpa Joost 1996 †
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#159 Old 30th Aug 2014 at 10:34 PM
Yeah that link was my last upload. Sorry about that. I really forgot about CAW for almost a year, wow! But I have been building on and off, so over the next few weeks I'll go through the task of placing all those buildings in EIG, while I quadrupel check all the routing. Will take me a while!

Such CAS. Much tactile.

my blog
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#160 Old 9th May 2015 at 10:28 AM Last edited by Simsimillian : 9th May 2015 at 1:04 PM.
Hey y'all, I'm back and about to upload another (hopefully final) bèta!

I'm finally done going over all the routing with a freaking magnifying glass - if it's not absolutely perfect now, I don't know anymore.

I filled an entire suburb with houses by the absolutely friggin amazeballs plasticbox, and was blown away by his technique for building attic rooms. Once I figured it out, I had to do some of those myself! One of the fishing shacks now has a fully functional attic, hehe

Things I still have to do the coming week:
  • build 2 more essential buildings
  • go over all the lots to see if the mailboxes are in the correct spot
  • double check all addresses + function denotations
  • export and test

I'll leave you with a bit of random pic spam while you wait (that is, if anyone is still reading this after all this time, lol!)

That's it! Till later!

Such CAS. Much tactile.

my blog
Scholar
#161 Old 9th May 2015 at 12:36 PM
Awesome
Can't wait to test it
Lab Assistant
#162 Old 9th May 2015 at 2:06 PM
Absolutely LOVE this update!! And it's great seeing you back in action! Such a relief to know the work is still going on! I understand your CC approach, but i'd love to see what you could do with CC as well, so please do upload the lots, if you feel like it

Thanks for a great start to the weekend!
Theorist
#163 Old 9th May 2015 at 4:41 PM
Oh, what?? Great news!

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#164 Old 12th May 2015 at 8:38 AM
Quick question: for the last beta I uploaded two versions, with two different weather files. One has the original Twinbrook weather (mostly cloudy), and the other (that I personally play) has the vanilla (=Sunset Valley) weather, because I use Nraas Tempest anyway.

My question is: does anyone want the Twinbrook weather? Because I'll be exporting a vanilla one anyway, so my questions is just about that. But if nobody wants a Twinbrook weather version, I'm not going to bother with it.
Just hit agree if you want a Twinbrook version, and I'll add it.

Such CAS. Much tactile.

my blog
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#165 Old 12th May 2015 at 11:47 AM Last edited by Simsimillian : 12th May 2015 at 12:35 PM.
Here are the last batch of random lots I built:

Thunder Mountain Day Care:

I love how random this building looks. I like to Google map around New Orleans looking for just these kinds of goofy-looking buildings. Would you believe 'Thunder Mountain Day Care' is an actual place? I love how quirky that city is!

Senior Clubhouse:

Another apartment lot in the industrial area:

Such CAS. Much tactile.

my blog
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#166 Old 12th May 2015 at 5:32 PM Last edited by Simsimillian : 13th May 2015 at 1:31 PM.
... Et voila, le nouveau beta!

Please re-download if you want the tall grass in the coastal areas to show up!

==> link to beta <==

Download this version if you don't want the Twinbrook weather:
==> No Fog <==

Important service announcements below:

Such CAS. Much tactile.

my blog
Scholar
#167 Old 12th May 2015 at 5:55 PM
Thank you very much :lovestruc
Instructor
#168 Old 13th May 2015 at 11:47 AM
Worlds with houseboats MUST require Island Paradise. It was said by the developers (I don't remember the source, but I just know, I am really sure of this).

Can you make a version without SN bridges??
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#169 Old 13th May 2015 at 11:55 AM
^^ Thanks for the info. I have updated the requirements.

As a reward for being helpful, I'll make you your version
Would you like your version with the full Twinbrook inis or without?

Such CAS. Much tactile.

my blog
Lab Assistant
#170 Old 13th May 2015 at 12:25 PM
I just love the diversity of this world; from the mansions, to the fishing village and the military housing. Really makes for a lot of different stories! I noticed a few things, such as road line up being clitched and an uneven piece of road in the mansion area, but I have to post screenshots of those when I get home from work. Just wanted to let you know it looks awesome so far!
Mad Poster
#171 Old 14th May 2015 at 2:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simsimillian
Quick question: for the last beta I uploaded two versions, with two different weather files. One has the original Twinbrook weather (mostly cloudy), and the other (that I personally play) has the vanilla (=Sunset Valley) weather, because I use Nraas Tempest anyway.

My question is: does anyone want the Twinbrook weather? Because I'll be exporting a vanilla one anyway, so my questions is just about that. But if nobody wants a Twinbrook weather version, I'm not going to bother with it.
Just hit agree if you want a Twinbrook version, and I'll add it.

Really looking forward to anything New Orleans related!

By the way, may I interest you in this set of weather files I made? I hope that it'll be able to make any world seem more realistic.

http://potato-ballad-sims.tumblr.co...-interested-the
Instructor
#172 Old 14th May 2015 at 7:36 AM
Thanks Simsimillian!
I'd love to have the Twinbrook Weather, thank you!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#173 Old 14th May 2015 at 8:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
Really looking forward to anything New Orleans related!

By the way, may I interest you in this set of weather files I made? I hope that it'll be able to make any world seem more realistic.

http://potato-ballad-sims.tumblr.co...-interested-the

Oh, that's nice
I finally settled on the University world .inis for my own game. I suppose we'll have to put it to a vote, since most people seem to want the Twinbrook ones (my last beta had more than twice as many downloads for the Twinbrook version). Personally, I hate it when even if it's clear, it seems overcast, but majority rules

Such CAS. Much tactile.

my blog
Scholar
#174 Old 14th May 2015 at 11:58 AM
Speaking about weather I do not care so much, cuz we already have variuos weather mods, to change weather look in world...but yeah, jje 100 suggested weather type look nice
I have a question (and maybe suggestion ) - do you plan to include homeworld university in your world?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#175 Old 14th May 2015 at 1:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nemiga
I have a question (and maybe suggestion ) - do you plan to include homeworld university in your world?

I don't think so. From what I've seen, it seems like a lot of hassle re: mods and stuff. I already have a zillion mods in my game

Such CAS. Much tactile.

my blog
Page 7 of 11