Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Aug 2012 at 10:56 AM Last edited by Simsimillian : 14th Oct 2015 at 2:30 PM. Reason: no longer up to date!
Default Le nouveau Twinbrook est arrivé (now CC-free and fully boatable! - final beta on page 9!)
Hey all!

About a year ago, I had just finished the bèta of my elaborate Twinbrook adaptation. I played in it for a year, noting the issues I found, which was nothing I couldn't fix.
But then Island Paradise came out, and all my excitement about finally being able to boat the lake fell flat when it turned out you... couldn't?

Furious, I went back to the drawing board. I removed the large water plane that was pretending to be a lake, and raised all the surrounding landscape and sea level. I fixed the issues I had noted while playing, and changed some more things around (no more high rises in this build, but a sleepy fishing village where they used to be).

Now you can boat anywhere in Twinbrook!

I came back to edit this first post, since the pictures in it were no longer accurate.

So without further ado, I would like to present you with Derielle County, a lazy community that might be somewhere in Louisiana (I realise True Blood is over until next summer, but that is no reason for the fun to end ).

Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 30th Aug 2012 at 7:08 PM
I absolutely love what you are doing! Everything looks amazing - and perfect for the True Blood stuff I have in mind for Supernatural. Twinbrook is by far my favourite neighbourhood. I have tried so many worlds - both EA and user made, but no other world has the same atmosphere - little lazy and neglected, both weird and charming. I have never done any testing for a world so I don't know if I'm able to help with that though. But if there's something I can do, I would gladly help.

I have also built many houses for Twinbrook (available here at MTS). They all use cc - mostly store content and some free stuff from this site. Most are residential plus a dive bar. If you need houses for your version, feel free to use them. Or I could for example tweak and update a few of them so that they wouldn't have cc. That is, if you like my houses, of course! (And there's the fact that I'm from Northern Europe and have never been anywhere even remotely close to the Southern States, so I have no real idea how authentic my Southern houses are!)
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 30th Aug 2012 at 7:37 PM
Never been a fan of Twinbrook, In fact I honestly don't like it, I played once in it and never played again. Now I know why. You are right, the terrain paint was very crapy and there is a lot of wasted space and not enough trees. Your world I love. It looks great and I love that you added things and whole new areas on the empty space. Now this is a very large town and I'm not sure my pc will be able to run it that smoothly but still I love it and hope you keep updating.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 30th Aug 2012 at 10:01 PM
I enjoy this a hell of a lot, and would love to download it!!! Empty or full. I like it a lot!!! :D

I'm the sexy guy with half an orange in my face ;)
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 31st Aug 2012 at 4:56 AM
This looks great, I take it you're going for something a little less faded than Twinbrook? You could mod the sea/sky files to give something a little more cheerful!

I like the new layout, especially the additional island in the dammed water.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 31st Aug 2012 at 6:35 AM Last edited by Simsimillian : 31st Aug 2012 at 10:06 AM.
^^ Actually, I've been following that thread with great interest and the firm realization that such a thing is over my head
I actually like the misty atmosphere, though I am of a 'once shared, its common property' persuasion, so anyone else who wants to change these files is welcome to it.

Also: I don't know if you noticed, but on the off chance of a sunny day, Twinbrook is actually very bright and cheerful (the water is insanely blue!) I just think that doesn't come up very often. But once we have seasons, we'll be able to change the weather anyways

Kirsif: I am looking at your houses and will see which ones fit in my hood. Thanks!

Thanks to everyone else, too for the nice comments! I added all lots I could that weren't at least heavily borrowed from others (I sometimes just look at houses online and then try to emulate what they did). It's not much, but for those dying to test this with SN I'll upload the light file before it's released. (US gets it on the 4th, right?) I think someone already made some of the True Blood houses on this site. I'm planning on making my own, but I put in nice big lots for them so those will probably fit

btw: does anybody have any idea why this would happen?
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 31st Aug 2012 at 1:01 PM
I can only see the first few pictures, the last six are just that annoying grey box that says the picture does not exist
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#8 Old 31st Aug 2012 at 1:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simsimillian
btw: does anybody have any idea why this would happen?

Is that a lot I'm looking at? If so then the difference in colour between the lot and the terrain paint usually goes away when you save in EIG mode, or else when you replace the lot in CAW.

If it's not a lot then it could be a colour ramp/ ini file issue, in which case remove them all from the CAW file to test this!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 31st Aug 2012 at 1:36 PM
Huh, I can see them just fine Lulume?

Simsaple: I replaced all lots in caw before my last export, but apparently the problem persists... Only in certain areas though. Could this be a texture blending issue, even though I stayed under the assigned maximum for each chunk?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#10 Old 31st Aug 2012 at 3:41 PM
I'd suspect the colour ramps first- if you are saving in CAW then the inis will have been obliterated, but the ramps will remain. This causes all sorts of graphical oddities.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 31st Aug 2012 at 3:50 PM
It is a lot though, but I'll test the color ramp thing just to be sure
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 1st Sep 2012 at 7:41 PM
I don't know what was going on with your pics and my computer the other day - I can see the pics fine now. I like a lot of the changes you're making, especially the new island in the lake. So much better than the original map

I think it's definitely a worthwhile endeavor that lots of people will appreciate. It looks like you're retaining some of Twinbrook, but making it a completely different town - maybe the next town over. Not just an "update."
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 2nd Sep 2012 at 1:17 PM Last edited by Simsimillian : 16th Jun 2013 at 10:45 PM.
Good news! After yet another final round of routing & road checks, I have the light version ready for download. => download Derielle bèta 1a <=
  • I included some of my own CC in a seperate .rar file => YOU NEED THIS <=
  • Where I placed downloaded houses that were only slightly edited, I left the lot blank and added a link to the original creator's download in the description

Have fun testing and many thanks to those who will!

I leave you with a picspam behind the button
Field Researcher
#14 Old 2nd Sep 2012 at 3:38 PM
Hi, I just LOVE what you've done with Twinbrook! Great job! It is my favorite EA town, and I was upset because it got to small to house lots from all the EPs, but the new version of it is just perfect. However, I can't download the beta. It requires password. I entered the password to my 4shared account, but it still says the password is invalid.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 2nd Sep 2012 at 4:11 PM
Now it should work... would you try again?
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#16 Old 2nd Sep 2012 at 4:35 PM
This looks really fabulous. Any chance that we can get a whole overview picture? Also, can you give us a list of the EP/SP requirements? Maybe I missed it somewhere. My legacy family started out in Twinbrook and I added a few lots in from Late Night but the more things we got, the less room we had. Especially once Pets came out so my Avendales have since moved on but, perhaps a return is in the future.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 3rd Sep 2012 at 8:40 AM
Hm... I do have all EP's/Sp's apart from Katy Perry and Master Suite Stuff, but I think you might only need Ambitions (obviously), Night life, WA (for a custom bridge I recolored) and Pets for some trees I used.
What do you mean by overview picture? The pictures in the first post show the entire world if you combine them... I can't zoom back far enough to get the entire world into view even in CAW, because the back end sort of falls behind the horizon when I try that :/
If you mean more top-down pictures, I'll do that when I get home from work tonight
Field Researcher
#18 Old 3rd Sep 2012 at 2:35 PM
I am downloading this RIGHT NOW :D

Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#19 Old 3rd Sep 2012 at 4:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simsimillian
Hm... I do have all EP's/Sp's apart from Katy Perry and Master Suite Stuff, but I think you might only need Ambitions (obviously), Night life, WA (for a custom bridge I recolored) and Pets for some trees I used.
What do you mean by overview picture? The pictures in the first post show the entire world if you combine them... I can't zoom back far enough to get the entire world into view even in CAW, because the back end sort of falls behind the horizon when I try that :/
If you mean more top-down pictures, I'll do that when I get home from work tonight

Ugh, the dreaded CAW zoom. I think that was one of my biggest annoyances with that thing. You could never zoom out quite right enough to get a good view. You should be able to get one in EIG though if you use your angles right.

Also, you'll need to figure out what people DO need instead of "might". Like the military station appears to use some items from Fast Lane. So if people want the world to look as you have presented it, what will they need so items are not replaced?

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 3rd Sep 2012 at 5:38 PM
Oh, I see. Since at this point it was just meant to be a bèta of the world outside the lots, I only mentioned the things that were in the world itself. But if you're talking lots, then yeah, you'll need all of them (apart from KP and MS).
Field Researcher
#21 Old 4th Sep 2012 at 9:48 AM
somehow I'm missing the bridges from WA?! I dunno how this is possible as I have the expansion. But meh, I LOVE LOVE LOVE this world!! It makes me so happy. I wanna fill it with old houses!!! :D

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 4th Sep 2012 at 10:28 AM
Quote:
somehow I'm missing the bridges from WA?! I dunno how this is possible as I have the expansion.

Did you download the files labelled as 'you need this' and put them in your sims3/mods/packages folder? Do you have the custom retaining walls in and around Saltport?

I didn't forget the request for the overview shot(s) but got caught up working on the movie studio...

Just waiting for SN because it will have some awesome "industrial" windows to go with this
Field Researcher
#23 Old 4th Sep 2012 at 11:25 AM
AH!! that might be why!! Didn't even notice that!!! whoops cheers!!

Field Researcher
#24 Old 4th Sep 2012 at 1:32 PM
I successfully downloaded the files and am looking through the town right now. It is just what I've been looking for. I like the layout, the nature, all those changes you made. Is this lite version ready for playing, or are there some routing issues, etc? I haven't tested it with a sim in live mode yet, so I'm asking whether the town would ba safe for playing as it is.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#25 Old 4th Sep 2012 at 8:06 PM
As far as I know, there are no routing issues, but that is what bèta testing is for of course, so never say never... Though I must say it runs as smoothly as a baby's bottom for me so far...
Glad you like it!
Page 1 of 11