Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Feb 2013 at 4:47 PM
I've learned how to mesh and now the textures
So far, I've learned how to mesh. Now the next problem for me is to texture a mesh. Are there any suggestions and tutorials to understanding how to add texture to a mesh? When I add the texture and test a mesh, the texture colors are all over the place. What am I doing wrong? How do I know what size a texture has to be in order to fit part of a mesh properly?
Advertisement
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#2 Old 21st Feb 2013 at 12:05 AM
Check out the Start to finish Object Creation Tutorial. It covers UV Mapping and importing the texture.

The UV Map determines what part of the texture appears where on the mesh. As for the size, that's going to vary depending upon your needs. A larger texture means greater detail, but a larger file; it will also use more computer resources for rendering.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Scholar
#3 Old 21st Feb 2013 at 8:38 AM
Size of your textures should always be of power of 2 (256x256, 512x512, do not have to be square,though :1024x512 is also correct) to avoid problems

Understand Material definition-TXMT and customize the look of your objects ! This way

"The longer something exists in this world, the more wear and tear it will have."