Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Aug 2018 at 1:44 AM Last edited by jane47 : 16th Aug 2018 at 4:41 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Creating an Uberhood with Ultimate Collection and Windows 8.1? [SOLVED!]
Hello!

I'm planning on having an uberhood with premade sims to go along with the already established in-game neighborhoods (I have the Ultimate Collection) and I have an eye on meetme's clean templates, but the instructions are still unclear to me and I'm afraid to mess things up.
My questions are, what neighborhood templates do you recommend? Is it completely possible to create an uberhood with the Ultimate Collection and not get lost on where to put where? Which neighborhood folders need to be renamed to avoid conflict with each other (if that makes sense)?

I know I sound lost, but I tried searching with help for this, but none of them had anything for the Ultimate Collection, so anything helps!

Thanks in advance!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 15th Aug 2018 at 4:52 PM
Yes - it is completely possible to do that.
You need to decide which hood will be your main hood and which ones will be attached to your hood as shopping hoods.
Your main hood - download the clean one first and install it - you will have to delete the original. It goes here on my system, which is fairly ordinary: OS - Program Files (X86) - Origin Games - The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection - relevant EP - TSData - Res - Neighborhood Template
OR
if it is one of Pleasantview, Strangetown or Veronaville - the relevant EP will be Double Deluxe - Base - TSData - Res - User Data - Neighbourhoods

The other hoods you have to add as shopping district: follow the same path as for your main hood, but go to Best of Business and add the hoods in there, all of them (they start with a B).

I hope it helps.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Aug 2018 at 7:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
Yes - it is completely possible to do that.
You need to decide which hood will be your main hood and which ones will be attached to your hood as shopping hoods.
Your main hood - download the clean one first and install it - you will have to delete the original. It goes here on my system, which is fairly ordinary: OS - Program Files (X86) - Origin Games - The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection - relevant EP - TSData - Res - Neighborhood Template
OR
if it is one of Pleasantview, Strangetown or Veronaville - the relevant EP will be Double Deluxe - Base - TSData - Res - User Data - Neighbourhoods

The other hoods you have to add as shopping district: follow the same path as for your main hood, but go to Best of Business and add the hoods in there, all of them (they start with a B).

I hope it helps.

What do you mean by "delete the original"? Is my game supposed to be clean of all neighborhoods or is there a way to work around that?

Also, how does this affect the files in Documents? Thanks in advance!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 4:40 AM
UPDATE: I was able to remediate the same file situation by simply changing the file name (along with all the files inside) to a different number. For example, Pleasantview is N001, so if you want a double neighborhood as the main hood, just simply rename the new copy with a different number. Along with Justpectro's instructions, it worked like a charmed and now I have an uberhood!

It was so simple and here we are, hahaha! Thank you, Juspectro!

This thread is resolved!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#5 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 12:52 PM
I think JP is recommending downloading clean versions of the original hoods since, as shipped, the default neighbourhoods are full of bugs and problems. If you're setting up a megahood, it's often best to start from scratch and build a nice clean version. However, you don't need to get rid of the original hoods - but you will need to make sure that you renumber your custom version of Pleasantview (or whatever you decide to go with as your main hood). Neighbourhoods can't have the same number.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#6 Old 19th Aug 2018 at 6:00 PM
Glad you have it worked out