Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Aug 2018 at 11:26 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Missing Sim...no files in the game
Hello everyone, so, I have a couple of twins that are my favourite sim in my entire save game, the male it's a werewolf, his name is Utopia Kane, her sister is a witch, her name was Dystopia Kane but because was too strange as a name I have renamed (with the insimnator) her Diane Kane. I don't have renamed Utopia because I can't find a good name with the U. Anyway.
I don't have played with them for weeks and weeks because I was playing in Pleasantview. I have the uberhood and Strangetown is my main neighborhood. My game work very fine, no lag, nice graphics, no corruption (or I think so, any of my family/neighborhood/house have problems) and I use mod that it's compatible with the Ultimate Collection.

These are my mods:

-Chris Tits and Arse and Angel and Nurse (emh...yeah, sex mod **coff**)
-CJ SmarterEPCheck
-inSIMnator (UV) v3.0 SIM Edition
-simNopke-simShadowFix0.4reallyNotMisty
-Simsky_Mod_FasterUnivEducation_36hrs
-T&A-SkillGainFix(May2018) (for a bug with tits and arse and angel and nurse mod)
-LBF Biteneck (for vampires)
-LBF Biteneck (deadly) (for vampires)
-LBF Embrace (for vampires)
-BO No Sim Loaded
-ffsdebugger
-nocorruptdeath
-nounlinkondelete
-stuckobjremover
-antiredundancy
-noaplusspam
-nodormieregen
-nohumble
-nostrayrespawn
-notownieregen
-TownieNoMemoryLoss
-Moo_AllowMultipleDowntown
-Moo_AllowMultipleShopping
-Moo_FixMultipleUniversity
-Moo_FixMultipleVacation

So, I haven't do nothing and when I have open the family after this long time...PUFF, MY FEMALE SIM WAS MISSING. I think it's was a bug, but her brother don't remember her, the dog neither, nobody know her anymore. She died somehow? I thought...so I looked for her grave but it was not there.
I tried to call her (via cell) but she did not appear in the contacts. I tried to summon her with the insimnator but her name did not appear anywhere. I tried even to RESUSCITATE HER with the tombstone (insimnator) but she wasn't death so she wasn't even with the dead sims.
It's like her files don't exist anymore in my game, in the family three too, she's missing...nodoby know her anymore.
It's as if Diane had never existed.

I thought too "Maybe it's the house corrupted?" So I have moved the family in the bin and Diane was in the preview of the family.
I had hope. Maybe it was really the house's fault, but when I moved them to another house...nothing. Diane was not there.

I was going crazy, so I opened SimPE and their files were there, but the strange thing is that the image of Diane (who has disappeared in the game) appears in SimPe, the image of Utopia (that instead is in the game without problems, doesn't appears in Simpe.)

I have a backup of all my sim so I can re-put them in my game but I have this question: Why the hell did Diane disappear?

Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 3rd Aug 2018 at 6:40 AM
I can't see those screenshots of your 'hood in SimPE very clearly but it appears both of those sims have no family (0x0000 means they not in any family not part of the default family). That's not possible for Utopia since he is in a family so perhaps you have two sims with the same name and have selected the wrong one or I've misread that blurry image. The blue background means they are flagged as unlinked which is not the same as actually being unlinked. For Diane you need to first confirm she is not unlinked, open her character file in SimPE and check in the Object Data that the Obj. Type is person 0x0002, if it's Type 0x0011 then she's a write off, you'll have to replace her character file with your backup.

If Diane is flagged as dead:
Enter a residential lot with non-supernatural sims and summon their Guardian Angel, take control of the angel and any naughty gnome (deities always pass gnome's gender requirement) may have a couple of options only available to deities. If there is a heaven or hell lot available then the option to send Diane there should be available, if Diane has no Tombstone token in the neighbourhood then Angel will have the option 'Game Mod.../Create a Tombstone for'. If Diane is a witch and you send her to heaven you'll need to enable the global option for monsters in heaven or she'll be booted out next time you load the heaven lot. Deities do have the ability to immediately resurrect a sim from a Tombstone/Urn but if Diane is a witch you'll need to keep her away from the Angel, send one or the other away immediately.

If Diane is not dead or you're not sure the Neighbour Teleporter should be able to find and fix her, you'll need to enable the 'Lost Souls' filter. It will remove any death tokens and dead flags on importing the sim so it should be OK even if she is dead.

Note the following are pointless in your game, A&N sidesteps or blocks them
-BO No Sim Loaded
-antiredundancy
-notownieregen

-nounlinkondelete is not really needed, A&N must prevent sims that have died and gone to heaven or hell from becoming unlinked anyway and unlike nounlinkondelete A&N has to extend that to when a lot or sub'hood with Tombstones is deleted.

I don't know what nocorruptdeath is but it's possibly incompatible
Take care with when using inSIMnator (UV) v3.0 SIM Edition, some options will be problematic in A&N, in the downloads page of the 'About Simsâ„¢ 2 Angel and Nurses Stuff' is InSIMenatorv3.4DEST which is updated to better suit your game.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 3rd Aug 2018 at 6:54 AM
@Chris Hatch No corrupt death is one of the essential mods. http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...hp?topic=2368.0 Unless your mod also takes care of that.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd Aug 2018 at 10:41 AM Last edited by Xirem26 : 3rd Aug 2018 at 11:14 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
I can't see those screenshots of your 'hood in SimPE very clearly but it appears both of those sims have no family (0x0000 means they not in any family not part of the default family). That's not possible for Utopia since he is in a family so perhaps you have two sims with the same name and have selected the wrong one or I've misread that blurry image. The blue background means they are flagged as unlinked which is not the same as actually being unlinked. For Diane you need to first confirm she is not unlinked, open her character file in SimPE and check in the Object Data that the Obj. Type is person 0x0002, if it's Type 0x0011 then she's a write off, you'll have to replace her character file with your backup.

If Diane is flagged as dead:
Enter a residential lot with non-supernatural sims and summon their Guardian Angel, take control of the angel and any naughty gnome (deities always pass gnome's gender requirement) may have a couple of options only available to deities. If there is a heaven or hell lot available then the option to send Diane there should be available, if Diane has no Tombstone token in the neighbourhood then Angel will have the option 'Game Mod.../Create a Tombstone for'. If Diane is a witch and you send her to heaven you'll need to enable the global option for monsters in heaven or she'll be booted out next time you load the heaven lot. Deities do have the ability to immediately resurrect a sim from a Tombstone/Urn but if Diane is a witch you'll need to keep her away from the Angel, send one or the other away immediately.

If Diane is not dead or you're not sure the Neighbour Teleporter should be able to find and fix her, you'll need to enable the 'Lost Souls' filter. It will remove any death tokens and dead flags on importing the sim so it should be OK even if she is dead.

Note the following are pointless in your game, A&N sidesteps or blocks them
-BO No Sim Loaded
-antiredundancy
-notownieregen

-nounlinkondelete is not really needed, A&N must prevent sims that have died and gone to heaven or hell from becoming unlinked anyway and unlike nounlinkondelete A&N has to extend that to when a lot or sub'hood with Tombstones is deleted.

I don't know what nocorruptdeath is but it's possibly incompatible
Take care with when using inSIMnator (UV) v3.0 SIM Edition, some options will be problematic in A&N, in the downloads page of the 'About Simsâ„¢ 2 Angel and Nurses Stuff' is InSIMenatorv3.4DEST which is updated to better suit your game.

First of all thank you for answering me, I will remove the mods that you told me!

Secondly, you were right! Thanks to you I understand better how it works SimPE and I discovered that the sim that I had screened were clones. Continuing to search I found the real sim and these are the results:

1. All my sims (even Maxis premades) are cloned, it's normal?

2. The Clones have this characteristic: blue background, family instance 0x000 and unlinked 0x0001
For example, this was Diane page, she have blue background, family instance 0x000 and unlinked 0x0001

3. As I said before, continuing to search I found my real sims, they have all gray background, family instance 0x000(random number) and unlinked 0x0000. They are my real sim and work perfectly in game!
I found even the real Utopia that have image and all the file!

4. But here's the problem. I found both the clones (blue background) and the playable characters (grey background) of all my sims, but of Diane I didn't find the playable character.
Diane have only a page...and if I search in "browser sims" the game defines her as if it had no data.
She is the only sim that does not have a page with a gray background.

EDIT:
I remembered that many days ago I deleted some of these files because I believed that they were only the sim clones in bodyshop, could this be the cause of Diane's disappearance?

EDIT 2: I can't find angel and nurse page, I have download it in mamba city and now I do not know where I have to go...
It's the insimnator included or I have to download it somehere? Because I have this in my files:

I have to unzip this and put this in my download folder or it's ok in this mode?
Sorry for all my question, it's only to be sure...
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 3rd Aug 2018 at 12:06 PM
I don't have the UC, but downloads do not go in the installation files (except rare occasions) They go in Documents>EA Games>The Sims 2 Ultimate collection>Downloads.

Deleting sims from the Saved Sims folder under Documents is fine, those are either downloaded sims or sims from Body Shop.

I think you could be looking at Hood Corruption. Do you have a backup? Have you run hood Checker?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 3rd Aug 2018 at 12:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I don't have the UC, but downloads do not go in the installation files (except rare occasions) They go in Documents>EA Games>The Sims 2 Ultimate collection>Downloads.

Deleting sims from the Saved Sims folder under Documents is fine, those are either downloaded sims or sims from Body Shop.

I think you could be looking at Hood Corruption. Do you have a backup? Have you run hood Checker?

The files of Chris mods are different because are like an unofficial expansion pack, because of this they have a different address!
So, I can exclude the saved sim theory...

I have hood checker, but it will work fine with the uberhood?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 3rd Aug 2018 at 12:48 PM
yes, I imagine they would be, I was more on the files that are not Chris's. I will hazard a guess that Beks chickens are in there because you are using Cris Hatch's all in one NPC? But what about the insemenator? http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...c,100226.0.html I can't think of any reason for that to be in there.

~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#8 Old 3rd Aug 2018 at 3:51 PM
I am concerned about the file names of those saved sims, they look more like real sims. Saved sims from bodyshop don't have a GUID so the game can't recognise them as sims but if those do have an Object Data with a GUID they definitely could cause problems with any and every neighbourhood.

Yes, to use inSIMnator version 3.4 you'll need to extract the package from the .zip and place it into your Downloads folder.
The same downloads page has an update for SimPE so it can recognise your game, it includes the required changes for the UC as well as Fun with Pets. Running that will also install a version of Hoodchecker that has been updated for your game, use that Hoodchecker to check your 'hood as your game has several built in NPCs that any other version of Hoodchecker won't recognise, see as missing sims and give a string of false faults.

Diane definitely appears to be unlinked, if so then replacing her character file from a backup is the only chance you have to recover her.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 4th Aug 2018 at 4:12 AM Last edited by RoxEllen1965 : 4th Aug 2018 at 5:46 AM.
yes, I imagine they would be, I was more on the files that are not Chris's. I will hazard a guess that Bek's chickens are in there because you are using Cris Hatch's all in one NPC? But what about the insemenator? http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...c,100226.0.html I can't think of any reason for that to be in there.

Bek's chickens also need to be unzipped to work regardless of what folder they're in. I think there are some TS3 and TS4 mods that need to stay in their .zip files to work, but in TS2 all .zip files must be extracted to work properly.

The neighborhoodcamera.txt file belongs in My Documents > EA Games > Sims 2 > Cameras (path may be different for Ultimate Collection).

Not all mods and CC need to go in Program Files and some will not work properly if you put them there. The few Mods and CC that do belong in the Program Files folder would not go in Downloads. There should not be a Downloads folder under Program Files. Mods and CC that go in Program Files need to go in (name of latest EP) > TSData > Res > Catalog or one of its subfolders.

Quote: Originally posted by Xirem26
I remembered that many days ago I deleted some of these files because I believed that they were only the sim clones in bodyshop, could this be the cause of Diane's disappearance?

N002_User00770.package is some character from Strangetown (Strangetown is Neighborhood N002). This could very well be your missing sim. If the file is still in your SavedSims folder, try opening it in SimPE to see which sim it is. If this does turn out to be your missing sim, moving that file to this folder from Neighborhoods > N002 > Characters where it belongs will have removed her from your neighborhood and corrupted the neighborhood.
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 4th Aug 2018 at 11:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
Bek's chickens also need to be unzipped to work regardless of what folder they're in. I think there are some TS3 and TS4 mods that need to stay in their .zip files to work, but in TS2 all .zip files must be extracted to work properly.

The neighborhoodcamera.txt file belongs in My Documents > EA Games > Sims 2 > Cameras (path may be different for Ultimate Collection).

Not all mods and CC need to go in Program Files and some will not work properly if you put them there. The few Mods and CC that do belong in the Program Files folder would not go in Downloads. There should not be a Downloads folder under Program Files. Mods and CC that go in Program Files need to go in (name of latest EP) > TSData > Res > Catalog or one of its subfolders.

N002_User00770.package is some character from Strangetown (Strangetown is Neighborhood N002). This could very well be your missing sim. If the file is still in your SavedSims folder, try opening it in SimPE to see which sim it is. If this does turn out to be your missing sim, moving that file to this folder from Neighborhoods > N002 > Characters where it belongs will have removed her from your neighborhood and corrupted the neighborhood.

So, I'm so confused that I laugh, 02 is Strangetown, yes, 107 are sim from another neighborhood I had downloaded (Riverside)

When I opened the file 02 this page appeared, I honestly did not understand anything but a word gave me doubts ... "aftopnecklongsleveorange" ... Diane has an orange long-sleeved shirt, so it's her file, right?

When I export sims from SimPE they end up in this folder, But I can not figure out if this "02" file it's her brother or Diane now .... Utopia has a long-sleeved shirt but it's not exactly orange, it's more like beige, maybe for the game it's orange? Lol IDK anymore...
How can I understand who these files belong to?

(If you can't read: https://imgur.com/a/S1hARvQ)

EDIT:
A long time (when I reinstalled the game) ago I installed the twins that came from a previous savegame, ok? After I dressed them with new cc I exported them again and kept their files in a backup folder (for safety), but I did not reinstall them of course (because they were already in my savegame (In Strangetown) . So this 02 file can not be anything but Diane since yesterday I reinstalled her, right? I could die in doubt ew
Scholar
#11 Old 4th Aug 2018 at 4:44 PM
The confusion is because people don't realize the screen shot you placed of the available downloads is from T&A's support files, they are not supposed to be in your game until/unless you want them.
That SimPE screen shot is not an actual sim, there's no Object Data. That is exactly what saved sims in the Saved Sims folder should look like, ready to be imported into CAS and be turned into a real sim, until then she's no-one. That does rule out the possibility of the Saved Sims being actual sims so I've no idea what happened to Diane.

On a less related note the current version of T&A and A&N does not require the 'T&A-SkillGainFix(May2018)'. The next update will make a change to the 'destination for go here' menu to add that toddlers can play in the shore at beach lots, so you if you update in the future you'll also need to update that inSIMnator at that time.

For anyone interested in toddlers splashing in the water at beaches, when I add new stuff in A&N it's always created, tested and tweaked as a mod before compiling in. As a mod for Bon Voyage or higher you can download CJH_ToddlerBeachSplash.zip (10.3 kB).
But, I didn't like seeing my toddlers sitting in the water in their pretty party dresses so I added some toddler swimsuits. I've also updated the CJH_BuyBabyOutfits.zip (1.5mb) to include the toddler swimsuits and enable parents to change toddlers into them.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#12 Old 4th Aug 2018 at 10:25 PM
Just looking at this line

Quote:
When I export sims from SimPE they end up in this folder, But I can not figure out if this "02" file it's her brother or Diane now ..

When you export you can change the nonsense to a sims name. Then after you exported from simpe, did you clone them in bodyshop? If you didn't you put a dirty sim into your game which could explain why she is already corrupted and vanished. You export then clone, using the clone.

~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 5th Aug 2018 at 11:09 AM
The confusion is because people don't realize the screen shot you placed of the available downloads is from T&A's support files, they are not supposed to be in your game until/unless you want them.
That SimPE screen shot is not an actual sim, there's no Object Data. That is exactly what saved sims in the Saved Sims folder should look like, ready to be imported into CAS and be turned into a real sim, until then she's no-one. That does rule out the possibility of the Saved Sims being actual sims so I've no idea what happened to Diane.

On a less related note the current version of T&A and A&N does not require the 'T&A-SkillGainFix(May2018)'. The next update will make a change to the 'destination for go here' menu to add that toddlers can play in the shore at beach lots, so you if you update in the future you'll also need to update that inSIMnator at that time.

For anyone interested in toddlers splashing in the water at beaches, when I add new stuff in A&N it's always created, tested and tweaked as a mod before compiling in. As a mod for Bon Voyage or higher you can download CJH_ToddlerBeachSplash.zip (10.3 kB).
But, I didn't like seeing my toddlers sitting in the water in their pretty party dresses so I added some toddler swimsuits. I've also updated the CJH_BuyBabyOutfits.zip (1.5mb) to include the toddler swimsuits and enable parents to change toddlers into them.

I think I have the old (The Mamba City one), the one that had the skill bug (You have linked yourself the file to fix the bug in the topic (you had answered me and others in that topic that had the same problem) and I did not understand if you updated everything or changed site, a girl told me that you have been banned and I don't know where to look now >< (If you can link the new site or send me the link via pm it's ok too!)

I'm sorry for the trouble!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 5th Aug 2018 at 11:12 AM
Just looking at this line

When you export you can change the nonsense to a sims name. Then after you exported from simpe, did you clone them in bodyshop? If you didn't you put a dirty sim into your game which could explain why she is already corrupted and vanished. You export then clone, using the clone.

Yes I clone them all first in bodyshop! I've never played with a sim that is not cloned.
I know how corrupt they can be when you export them from the game itself if you are not careful, I have informed myself well before exporting them!
Field Researcher
#15 Old 5th Aug 2018 at 12:41 PM
The only time I had unlinked clones like you describe them, Xirem, was when I put an occupied house in the bin and put it in another hood. Since the family has relationships and ties to the sims from the first hood, these clones or ghost instances were created in the new hood. In this case it looks like you put the occupied house back in the same hood, cloning all the sims. This would mean that your hood is pretty badly corrupted and it isn't too surprising that sims start to just disappear. The only other possibility I can think of would be that these clones are an A&N thing? @Chris Hatch would have to clear that one up.

Visit My Test of Time Challenge: wordpress & livejournal
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 6th Aug 2018 at 9:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TheFlyingRaccoon
The only time I had unlinked clones like you describe them, Xirem, was when I put an occupied house in the bin and put it in another hood. Since the family has relationships and ties to the sims from the first hood, these clones or ghost instances were created in the new hood. In this case it looks like you put the occupied house back in the same hood, cloning all the sims. This would mean that your hood is pretty badly corrupted and it isn't too surprising that sims start to just disappear. The only other possibility I can think of would be that these clones are an A&N thing? @Chris Hatch would have to clear that one up.

I have the urberhood, I think it's for this that I have these clones, the clones (un-playable) in fact they are in the state in which they should appear as soon as you generate a premade neighborhood, for example, Pleasantview... my clone of Mortimer Goth not playable is in the initial state of the game, while mine is all modified (hair and clothes) then I do not have other sim clones not premade apart from these twins (that are OC)
Mad Poster
#17 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 4:33 AM

I'm having a problem with the toddler splashing mod. When my toddler tries to do it she throws the attached error.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  ObjectError_N001_t3121.rar (18.5 KB, 5 downloads) - View custom content
Scholar
#18 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 3:46 PM
That is likely to be caused by a conflict, you probably have something else that's overriding the beach portal pie menu. if that is an autonomous ocean swimming mod then toddler splashing does allow visitors to swim autonomously so setting this to load last may fix.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 4:56 PM
Thanks. I found out that it was conflicting with a hack I had that advertised sea swimming to overheated sims.