Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 7:56 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Chris Hatch's Walk to Other Sims resetting witches/warlocks
So, I have this problem: Chris Hatch's Walk to Other Sims mod works just fine for all of my sims, except for my witches/warlocks. When I click on them a error message pops up! At first I thought it could be one of the spell mods or any mod related to witchcraft conflicting with it, so I deleted all of them, but it didn't solve anything. The error message doesn't pop up, but my sim still resets.
I looked at the log file and, yes, the problem is with the "Walk to.../Visit Sim" interaction.

I think this info might be useful: every time I click on my warlock, the error message pops up and I choose "reset" while the pie menu is open, so I can see the interactions. So, what I saw is there's no option to fly to a lot, walk to a community lot and neither to cast a spell! And the option Walk to Lot.../Visit Sim isn't there either.

So, is there any way to get this to work? I do have all expansion packs so I'm sure the mod should work. I don't see anyone reporting this problem, so I'm really lost...

(sorry if I misspelled something)
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 10:03 PM
Chris posts here quite a bit now and is usually very helpful. I've a feeling this has been mentioned before. You could either try searching this Help section and see if you can spot another thread discussing this or @Chris Hatch and see if he turns up and can help you.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 10:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Chris posts here quite a bit now and is usually very helpful. I've a feeling this has been mentioned before. You could either try searching this Help section and see if you can spot another thread discussing this or @Chris Hatch and see if he turns up and can help you.

Yeah, I saw this thread, but since I don't have InTeen and it just happens with my witches/warlocks, I didn't know what to do.
There's this thread too (which you answered lol), but I'm not sure if I downloaded a wrong version, since from where I downloaded there was only one "Walk to Other Sims" version. Actually, this is the link where I got it. I won't @ Chris Hatch now because if it turns out to be something really stupid and easy, I don't really want to bother him with my stupidity lol
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 2:41 AM
Unfortunately, I don't use Chris' hack myself so I can't really advise you. There are plenty of people here about though who do use it.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 5:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Unfortunately, I don't use Chris' hack myself so I can't really advise you. There are plenty of people here about though who do use it.

I hope they know how to fix this ^^
But thanks for trying to help me anyway! If it wasn't for you I wouldn't even know more people had the same problem. I think I'll try the 50/50 method just to guarantee it's not a random mod conflicting with it for no reason. If I can't find what's causing it in 2 days, I think I'll just do what you told me and @ Chris. I hope he forgives me if the solution is the simplest thing in the world
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 8:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Innely
I hope they know how to fix this ^^
But thanks for trying to help me anyway! If it wasn't for you I wouldn't even know more people had the same problem. I think I'll try the 50/50 method just to guarantee it's not a random mod conflicting with it for no reason. If I can't find what's causing it in 2 days, I think I'll just do what you told me and @ Chris. I hope he forgives me if the solution is the simplest thing in the world

You can use the hack conflict detection utility instead of the 50/50 method

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Mad Poster
#7 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 12:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lientebollemeis
You can use the hack conflict detection utility instead of the 50/50 method

No, it won't detect all clashes. Only those that change the same bit of code. It's still a good idea to run it first, as if it does detect the problem it'll save you some time. But don't rely on it instead of a 50/50.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 1:34 PM
Oh I forgot about the hack conflict detection utility! I'll run it first, and see if there's something conflicting. If it doesn't find anything I'll try the 50/50 method. Thanks for helping!
Scholar
#9 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 3:40 PM
Can you attache an error log?

There is a newer version available that you have more luck with, or may not because the required global overrides will conflict with a lot of things. Download and peruse the TheGlobe-Intructions.zip
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 13th Aug 2018 at 2:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
Can you attache an error log?

There is a newer version available that you have more luck with, or may not because the required global overrides will conflict with a lot of things. Download and peruse the TheGlobe-Intructions.zip

Oh, Chris! Hi ^^
Thanks for the newer version! I hope I have luck with it.
I just found the mod that was conflicting, btw (it took me a long time, but I found it)... It was, indeed, something random that I didn't expect to conflict: Squinge's Lecture Sims I hope the newer version lets me have have it though, because I like both mods so much!

But if the log is still useful in any way, here it is:

Thank you so much for answering! I love your mods :lovestruc