Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Nov 2017 at 4:26 AM
Custom Food-Changing Mealtimes
So I started working on creating Banana Bread using AriesFlare's Rainbow bread mesh and I thought it would be a fun idea to change the mealtimes from lunch/dinner to breakfast/lunch. I went in to the BHAVs under Function-Init-Menu and added the string (see below pictures) with x01 for breakfast and updated the text strings. I am pretty sure I missed a step or something because in-game the menus are all wonky. Nothing showed up for "Have Breakfast..." but did for "Serve Breakfast..." and same thing for the "Make/Make Many" options. To be honest, I am not sure what I did

Is anyone seeing something I am not seeing here? Because I am not quite sure if I missed a step or am just completely oblivious, thank you!!

BHAVs:

Text Lists:
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  TesterBananaBread1ILWR.zip (171.2 KB, 9 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 30th Nov 2017 at 5:16 PM
Did you consult JasanaBugbreeder's helpful page on this:

http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=222202

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Nov 2017 at 6:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Did you consult JasanaBugbreeder's helpful page on this:

http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=222202

Yes I did! Thank you, that is where I got the original idea. I was looking through all of the comments though and it doesn't seem anyone else has the same problem?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 5th Dec 2017 at 2:29 PM
Did I miss a step or something? Is anyone sure? I have been told this shouldn't normally happen
Mad Poster
#5 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 11:09 PM Last edited by Rosawyn : 19th Jan 2018 at 1:42 AM.
Did you ever get this figured out? I'm pretty sure this is the exact issue (or at least something very similar) I was having a while back when trying to change something from a lunch/dinner food to a desert food. If you're still stuck, I can try to remember how I got it all working (because I did!), but it was a while ago now so I don't remember it off the top of my head.
Edit: Actually, after thinking about this more, I think I just gave up on changing times of day and downloaded a mod that made all foods appear at all times of day. What I did manage to do was move a food from "serve lunch" to "serve desert" and another food from "serve desert" to "serve breakfast."
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 1:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
Did you ever get this figured out? I'm pretty sure this is the exact issue (or at least something very similar) I was having a while back when trying to change something from a lunch/dinner food to a desert food. If you're still stuck, I can try to remember how I got it all working (because I did!), but it was a while ago now so I don't remember it off the top of my head.
Edit: Actually, after thinking about this more, I think I just gave up on changing times of day and downloaded a mod that made all foods appear at all times of day. What I did manage to do was move a food from "serve lunch" to "serve desert" and another food from "serve desert" to "serve breakfast."

Hey @Rosawyn I ended up just giving up for the time being due to excessive failure Any help would be much appreciated if you recall how you ended up switching your mealtimes!
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#7 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 10:33 PM
I'm not sure why it only shows up for lunch and not breakfast. But I think it only appears for make many, and not single, is because it has multiple servings. Maybe.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 2:33 AM
Ok, so I'm not familiar with the rainbow bread you're starting from, but I do know some foods (all of them desserts, I think) cannot be served as a single serving. Maybe that's part of the issue here. I think my only option under "Have Dessert" is Nectarine Tartlette.

Anyway, since my husband and I worked on the re-menuing food together, I asked for his help with answering your question, so this is our combined best efforts (please keep in mind both of us are still quite new to it, but we did manage to get our own fridge menus behaving as we like in our game).

Looking at your screencaps, it looks like the rainbow bread (and consequently your banana bread) is currently classified as a dessert (line 0x03 - "Set Flag Const 0x2004:0x08" means it's a dessert). One thing we had wanted to do was make some doughnuts we downloaded into an all-day dessert food rather than a lunch/dinner regular meal food. We also wanted to turn some muffins from a dessert food into a breakfast/lunch regular meal food. To change a dessert to a regular meal, you need to change the "Set Flag Const 0x2004:0x08" to "Set Flag Const 0x2004:0x03" and add an extra line to say "Set Flag Const 0x2004:0x04" and connect them correctly. Doing this should allow you to "have" as well as "serve" this food (but since both of us literally always have our sims serve a group meal instead of prepare a single serving, we have not tested in game to see if the "have" option works correctly for the foods we have modified). Here are some (hopefully) helpful screencaps of the original and modified BHAVs in SimPE:

Please keep in mind that due to the fact that we had quite a few foods we wanted at different times of day (I think it was about 20), we eventually gave up and just downloaded a mod that makes all food options available at any time of the day, so we did not actually test out in game to see if the time of day edits worked properly, however the "regular meal" vs "dessert" edits worked 100% (we have tested this part out quite extensively), and the fridge menus all look as they should.

More screencaps, this time of the doughnuts we successfully changed from "regular meal" to "dessert":

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 3:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
Ok, so I'm not familiar with the rainbow bread you're starting from, but I do know some foods (all of them desserts, I think) cannot be served as a single serving. Maybe that's part of the issue here. I think my only option under "Have Dessert" is Nectarine Tartlette.

Anyway, since my husband and I worked on the re-menuing food together, I asked for his help with answering your question, so this is our combined best efforts (please keep in mind both of us are still quite new to it, but we did manage to get our own fridge menus behaving as we like in our game).

Looking at your screencaps, it looks like the rainbow bread (and consequently your banana bread) is currently classified as a dessert (line 0x03 - "Set Flag Const 0x2004:0x08" means it's a dessert). One thing we had wanted to do was make some doughnuts we downloaded into an all-day dessert food rather than a lunch/dinner regular meal food. We also wanted to turn some muffins from a dessert food into a breakfast/lunch regular meal food. To change a dessert to a regular meal, you need to change the "Set Flag Const 0x2004:0x08" to "Set Flag Const 0x2004:0x03" and add an extra line to say "Set Flag Const 0x2004:0x04" and connect them correctly. Doing this should allow you to "have" as well as "serve" this food (but since both of us literally always have our sims serve a group meal instead of prepare a single serving, we have not tested in game to see if the "have" option works correctly for the foods we have modified). Here are some (hopefully) helpful screencaps of the original and modified BHAVs in SimPE:

Please keep in mind that due to the fact that we had quite a few foods we wanted at different times of day (I think it was about 20), we eventually gave up and just downloaded a mod that makes all food options available at any time of the day, so we did not actually test out in game to see if the time of day edits worked properly, however the "regular meal" vs "dessert" edits worked 100% (we have tested this part out quite extensively), and the fridge menus all look as they should.

More screencaps, this time of the doughnuts we successfully changed from "regular meal" to "dessert":

Ah, thank you @Rosawyn (and your husband for that matter!) I am finally getting around to testing this out. Thank you for your help and information...I will let you know how it goes. Fingers crossed! :D