Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd May 2019 at 4:51 PM
Default Legacy Challenges
Hi everyone! I'm really curious: if any of you play the Legacy challenge, what rules do you break and which ones do you play by? I always skip the 'live with next to nothing' rule and build my sim a house as much as I can. What about you?
Advertisement
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#2 Old 3rd May 2019 at 5:34 PM
I remember I tried the legacy challenge, and I got to about 8 generations before I moved on to playing another family. I did brake the rules, and cheat like I always do, in fact cheating in the game for me is part of my normal gameplay :p

Other than that, I more or less played it my own way, it was like a mix of the legacy challenge and the surrounded by idiots challenge. I basically played as one Sim and left the others to do their own thing, except I would command other Sims to have babies, move out or get jobs. It was pretty fun, I remember once one generation did get pretty rich from one of my Sims reaching top in their culinary career, and I built a nice big house for them

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd May 2019 at 5:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheSweetToddler
I remember I tried the legacy challenge, and I got to about 8 generations before I moved on to playing another family. I did brake the rules, and cheat like I always do, in fact cheating in the game for me is part of my normal gameplay :p

Other than that, I more or less played it my own way, it was like a mix of the legacy challenge and the surrounded by idiots challenge. I basically played as one Sim and left the others to do their own thing, except I would command other Sims to have babies, move out or get jobs. It was pretty fun, I remember once one generation did get pretty rich from one of my Sims reaching top in their culinary career, and I built a nice big house for them

That sounds awesome!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 4th May 2019 at 8:12 AM
I am a legacy player. My sims 3 family is 30 some generations and probably would be 100 if I had not spent so much time in CAW making worlds and so on. And playing 4 a bit. I decided at the start that I would follow the "rules" I wanted to follow and ignore what I wanted to ignore. I play for fun. My main goal was to do everything. I have extensive excel sheets to track careers, traits, aspirations, collections, you name it. I wanted to play the game as completely as I can. I set goals for each generation. My sims have moved usually with each new EP.

SO I play legacy style but do not make it very rule driven. I play more in a sense of family continuity. And I love watching the genetics from generation to generation. I have a sheet with photos of every sim in the family since day one.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th May 2019 at 4:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
I am a legacy player. My sims 3 family is 30 some generations and probably would be 100 if I had not spent so much time in CAW making worlds and so on. And playing 4 a bit. I decided at the start that I would follow the "rules" I wanted to follow and ignore what I wanted to ignore. I play for fun. My main goal was to do everything. I have extensive excel sheets to track careers, traits, aspirations, collections, you name it. I wanted to play the game as completely as I can. I set goals for each generation. My sims have moved usually with each new EP.

SO I play legacy style but do not make it very rule driven. I play more in a sense of family continuity. And I love watching the genetics from generation to generation. I have a sheet with photos of every sim in the family since day one.

That sounds like something I would love to achieve one day And you don't have to share it if you don't want to, but I would love to see your excel sheets.