Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Mar 2019 at 9:16 AM
Default Inactive Sims won't Ride Scooter
I play in Hidden Springs and before I started playing, I had customized all townies' vehicles. I bought Kenspa from WA for some poor sims and teenagers, and make it as their preferred vehicle. But after I started playing with my main family, none of inactive sims in town rode Kenspa. Teenagers would rather use a taxi, while adults "borrowed" cars from their family member (and even kept it forever in their inventory so their family member must buy Sloppy Jalopy or Big Lemon to commute ). Moving scooter to their inventory didn't make any difference. So I wonder what is happening here. Is it just me that have this problem, or is it impossible for inactive sims in non-WA towns to use Kenspa as their preferred vehicle?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 4th Mar 2019 at 8:14 PM
it's normal game nonsense logic. Sims gets the vehicle "on demand" - with all these silly side effects.

Nraas elements (particulary Retuner) allows to manipulate vehicles in many ways among other behaviours, unfortunatelly not all of them, though. Retuner is a bit intimidating at first (and never stops to be) but I'm sure the guys from the mod site will lend you a helping hand, or two

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Mar 2019 at 12:47 PM
Thanks for the reply. I use retuner and have tried to find the settings to modify this behaviour but most options for vehicles are to change the speed or acceleration, though I've probably searched in the wrong places. I've also tried to play without mods in a new (and different) town, used scooter from Fast Lane Stuff, tried to put the scooter in their inventory, and they still chose bicycle or take a taxi. :/