Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Nov 2004 at 1:59 AM
Default Donation drive
Hi All,

You may have noticed the site crawling a bit during peak times lately. Although the server we have is kick ass, unfortunately the size of the database means we are running out of memory, which slows the whole thing down.

So, we need to upgrade the box - and we need your help! Basically if you can donate, please do so - even a few $$ is fine... but as an added incentive, if you donate more than $10 we'll allow you to have your own avatar!

Just a quick reminder - although we are asking for this donation drive, we intend to keep MTS2 a free site, and will not be asking for regular subscriptions or payments. We'll only ever go on drives like this when we need to improve the capabilities of the site, and never for personal gain. We also promise that we will give full accountability of any monies recieved and spent for anybody that wants to ask.

Let me say thanks to everybody who has already donated, and thank you in advance to all who donate for this memory drive! The target is $500, we'll remove this item once that total is reached, and you can see the current progress in the "Donate" item on the top right.

The donation panel is updated in real time, and we will remove the custom avatar special once this drive ends... so get your donations in!

Regards
MTS2 Staff
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 24th Nov 2004 at 2:39 AM
Done. Good luck!
Field Researcher
#3 Old 24th Nov 2004 at 3:03 AM
Done! For all the effort you guys/gals have put in here at MTS2. Thank you all!
#4 Old 24th Nov 2004 at 3:38 AM
If I had a credit card or some other way to donate I would, well that an if I had money :-P
Field Researcher
#5 Old 24th Nov 2004 at 4:28 AM
How very odd. I just donated $10, but the dollar amount didn't go up. And then it logged me out of MTS2 and I had to login again even though I had it set up to remember me.

Anyway, I'm happy to contribute -- I really appreciate this site!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 24th Nov 2004 at 5:45 AM
Is there a time limit on donations to get your avatar. I dont get paid until next week.
I find this site way more useful than the EA site and will gladly donate when I get paid.
Test Subject
#7 Old 24th Nov 2004 at 6:36 AM
I would love to donate, but I don't have a credit card. Is there a way to send you money by snail mail. I live in Canada, but I could purchase a US money order. Keep up the good work! I love your site!
Test Subject
#8 Old 24th Nov 2004 at 8:01 AM
Hoi,

if mts2 turns into a Paysite, then please delete my Uploads (Willow Rosenberg V4 + 7).
Thankyou
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#9 Old 24th Nov 2004 at 10:34 AM
ahh dolphin26! I found a transaction for $10 that wasn't recorded for some reason, and I was just searching for your user details I'll fix that now.

TLupus, please re-read the news item. Now read it again. This is a donation drive *purely* to upgrade the memory. Notice how everything is still free, and you don't have to pay to access anything?

poi_boi, it's till whenever we hit the target really Theres no set code to stop it after it hits 100% though - it all depends on how often I check the donations
Test Subject
#10 Old 24th Nov 2004 at 4:02 PM
Hoi,

sorry my english writing is not so good, but i wrote "if mts2 turns" (in the future) in my post, was this mistakable?
Anyway, i think the Avatar thing CAN be an first sign. My post was an early statement if this happens. If not, wunderbar. ;-)

i better shut up, with my broken english.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#11 Old 24th Nov 2004 at 4:35 PM
Ahh thats okay - my apologies if I got your intent wrong.

We just figured that asking people to donate for nothing was a bit harsh so we threw in the custom avatar so that people at least got something back
Test Subject
#12 Old 24th Nov 2004 at 7:40 PM
Sounds like a good excuse for me to give you guys another donation...
Field Researcher
#13 Old 24th Nov 2004 at 8:55 PM
OK Delphy......I can get to the point of changing settings but I see no way to upload an avatar..........be kind and tell me how to do it.

Thanks much
tug