Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Apr 2009 at 1:30 AM Last edited by Bailey Weggins : 7th Apr 2009 at 2:53 PM.
Default C.I. keeps stuff I deleted -- Problem solved
Hi!
I want to upload a house and checked it via Clean Installer to remove stuff the lot doesn't need by unchecking the boxes, then clicking save as and giving it a new name. I installed the cleaned lot again, just to see whether it works. It doesn't. The lot still looks exactly the same although in Clean Installer I removed a stove cabinet that I couldn't delete by selling or sledgehammering it.
Am I stupid?
Advertisement
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#2 Old 7th Apr 2009 at 8:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bailey Weggins
Am I stupid?
Yes. Clean Installer will remove superfluous rubbish from the lot package file. However, the item is still actually *THERE*, and since you HAVE the offending stove-cabinet-whatever-thing in your downloads, the game will display it. In a game where the object does NOT exist, the game will use a "fallback", often whatever the creator cloned it from, even when inappropriate, or the object will simply be absent. If you wish to remove a stuck object that refuses to respon to selling or sledgehammering, try turning move_objects 1 on first. If that doesn't work, you can try using the Stuck Object Remover from More Awesome Than You. Accept no Kewian-based substitutes!

The purpose of Clean Installer is simply to remove cruft from the distribution package so downloaders will not end up with dupes of assorted crap you have in your download directory or hacks they don't want that got sucked in by the EAxis packager. It does not actually remove objects from the lot or game, and those items will continue to appear if the downloader (in your case, YOU!) has them in their game already.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Apr 2009 at 1:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by J. M. Pescado
Yes. Clean Installer will remove superfluous rubbish from the lot package file. However, the item is still actually *THERE*, and since you HAVE the offending stove-cabinet-whatever-thing in your downloads, the game will display it. In a game where the object does NOT exist, the game will use a "fallback", often whatever the creator cloned it from, even when inappropriate, or the object will simply be absent. If you wish to remove a stuck object that refuses to respon to selling or sledgehammering, try turning move_objects 1 on first. If that doesn't work, you can try using the Stuck Object Remover from More Awesome Than You. Accept no Kewian-based substitutes!

The purpose of Clean Installer is simply to remove cruft from the distribution package so downloaders will not end up with dupes of assorted crap you have in your download directory or hacks they don't want that got sucked in by the EAxis packager. It does not actually remove objects from the lot or game, and those items will continue to appear if the downloader (in your case, YOU!) has them in their game already.

Thanks, J. M. Pescado. I didn't understand how Clean Installer works.