Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Nov 2004 at 3:07 PM
Default Update on move
Okay, Hi All,

The server move seems to have finally settled down and everything appears to be working. I'm finding, and others have confirmed, that the site is absolutely flying now which is great news!

We are on a powerful machine and have enough space and bandwidth to host other sites too If anybody wants hosting, contact me and we can work out a deal

With regards to the site, I've added a new forum ("Sims 2 Tech Support&quot for all your game problems and troubles, and I've also broken up the forums a bit more into actual General/Sims 2/Sims 2 Modding/MTS2/Sims 2 Community sections. Should make it much easier to browse around now.

Also, the Live Chat is back on it's own server now. You can use the Java Client or point your IRC clients to /server 72.9.230.166 6668 - note the different port! That'll resolve to irc.modthesims2.com soon enough, and when I look into why it's not working with the ports, we'll switch back to 6667

So, now that thats done I can go back to adding and working on new features

Thanks!
MTS2 Admin Staff
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 15th Nov 2004 at 4:32 PM
Weeeeeeeeeee! I can click on links without thinking if its worth it now. :-D Great job guys.
Test Subject
#3 Old 15th Nov 2004 at 6:08 PM
Delphy, just wanted to make sure you know your hard work is appreciated! I really love this site and as one of your 3,000 members, wanna give you a THUMBS UP! THANKS times INFINITY!
Test Subject
#4 Old 15th Nov 2004 at 6:15 PM
lots lots better guys, really appreciate the time and effort you're putting in.
Slacker of Immense Slackness
retired moderator
#5 Old 15th Nov 2004 at 10:18 PM
I think the word *sexy* applies here =)
Field Researcher
#6 Old 15th Nov 2004 at 11:49 PM
I have noticed a marked improvement in speed and want say thanks for all your hard work.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 16th Nov 2004 at 3:45 AM
I have still been noticing apparent downtime on THIS site intermitantly for about the last 4 hours. I bet is my DNS's fault though.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#8 Old 16th Nov 2004 at 3:58 AM
Possibly. Right now I'm getting extremely fast render and download times.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 16th Nov 2004 at 6:32 AM
now that I have the IP address next time it happens I will see if I can still connect using that. If it happens again...
#10 Old 17th Nov 2004 at 2:37 PM
this was always a wicked site, i had problems with speed though, click a link, make a coffee, read the page.

But now. its flying

thx for the site and thx to all the modders who give us the things we want so much quicker than a big corperation can do - even though its there software and code you are hacking
#11 Old 17th Nov 2004 at 2:39 PM
argh my favorite typo - there - their - can we edit comments like we can forum posts? (sorry Delphy another thing for your to do list)
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#12 Old 17th Nov 2004 at 4:21 PM
Unfortunately not Assim :/ I did write a comment editing class ages ago but never updated it.

However, news is probably gonna an overhaul once I'm done with the forums anyway... so I can look at it then