Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Oct 2018 at 11:00 PM
Default How to Change Valid for Random Category on EA Clothing
Hello,

I've been on Mod the Sims for a while but mostly lurked without an account. I hope this is in the right place.

Now, I feel the Sims 3 is almost unplayable without being able to control what is available for random, with Sims walking around with crazy clothing. I was originally going to try using Dresser over at nraas, but they just switched sites and I cannot find the necessary invalid (or valid) tuning file anywhere. I also considered Easy CASP Editor, but the program will not run. So, I was wondering if there was a way through S3PE and S3OC to create a replacement for EA clothing that can enable or disable valid for random as well as categories like everyday? I did find a tutorial to create a clone and then edit the clone, but it doesn't seem to replace it. I've never created a mod before.

Thank you.
Advertisement
Space Pony
#2 Old 28th Oct 2018 at 11:19 PM
Hey bbair,

you can use S3OC to clone clothing and enable it for random. Extract the CASP data you desire and edit it with S3OC on the bottom right you can select valid for random
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Nov 2018 at 5:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Battery
Hey bbair,

you can use S3OC to clone clothing and enable it for random. Extract the CASP data you desire and edit it with S3OC on the bottom right you can select valid for random

I've tried to use S3OC to change EA clothing. For example, if there was a base-game hair I did not want in my game, I tried to remove it for all categories, including valid for random, and then made it hidden in CAS. I put it in my mods packages folder but it still appeared in game. Is there something I'm missing? Thank you.
Alchemist
#4 Old 3rd Nov 2018 at 7:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bbair
I've tried to use S3OC to change EA clothing. For example, if there was a base-game hair I did not want in my game, I tried to remove it for all categories, including valid for random, and then made it hidden in CAS. I put it in my mods packages folder but it still appeared in game. Is there something I'm missing? Thank you.

What does "in game" mean?
1) In the CAS panel? Make sure you unticked "Renumber/rename interally" when cloning.
2) On NPC sims? Sometimes the game may assign a hairstyle even if you've removed it for every category (age, gender, outfits), especially after aging sims up. See 3)
3) Was it still there on existing sims even after making a default replacement edit? You will have to switch their hairstyle manually by taking each sim into CAS.

As a sidenote, from the recategorized hair, you only need the CASP resource, you can delete everything else.

As for 2), for one of my savegames the game loved putting every male in those high female pigtails when they aged up. I tried removing the hair from absolutely every category - gender, age, outfits - but it still kept popping up. Never found a solution for it, but didn't see it again in other savegames.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Nov 2018 at 2:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
What does "in game" mean?
1) In the CAS panel? Make sure you unticked "Renumber/rename interally" when cloning.
2) On NPC sims? Sometimes the game may assign a hairstyle even if you've removed it for every category (age, gender, outfits), especially after aging sims up. See 3)
3) Was it still there on existing sims even after making a default replacement edit? You will have to switch their hairstyle manually by taking each sim into CAS.

As a sidenote, from the recategorized hair, you only need the CASP resource, you can delete everything else.

As for 2), for one of my savegames the game loved putting every male in those high female pigtails when they aged up. I tried removing the hair from absolutely every category - gender, age, outfits - but it still kept popping up. Never found a solution for it, but didn't see it again in other savegames.

Thank you very much for the reply. I haven't played yet with the new files, but I did mean in CAS--sorry for the vague description. I wonder if Dresser would help with the problem you had (though like I said the site is undergoing changes so it's not quite available). I'm not a modder so I did not know I had to untick "renumber/rename internally"--thank you for telling me!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 31st Dec 2018 at 9:59 PM
Not sure if I should start a new thread, but I was wondering how I could edit CAS parts that come with worlds like Barnacle Bay, or if it is possible.