1 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#7851 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 8:57 AM
Not sure if anything like this exists, but I'd like to see a mod to make any items placed on an OFB shelf on an unowned community lot available to purchase.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#7852 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 3:55 PM
Off-topic, but I kinda consider creating a social group where all you can ask for mod requests and modders joined there can pick up requests and start working/acting on them. You know, sort of like a hive-mind thing instead of sending a request to individual hackers.
Mad Poster
#7853 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 4:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Off-topic, but I kinda consider creating a social group where all you can ask for mod requests and modders joined there can pick up requests and start working/acting on them. You know, sort of like a hive-mind thing instead of sending a request to individual hackers.

I would love this. But considering requests aren't allowed on this site, and knowing that finding/sending a PM to a Creators who take requests is the only way this site will accept, I doubt you'd get your way...:/

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#7854 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 4:44 PM
Well, I did create it, as I haven't found strict rules that have to be met regarding social groups. I kinda hate to post requests, because it would be a lot easier and way better If modders and non-modders together could find what they're looking for, unlike pming creators individually which makes it a big hassle. Really see no reason to forbid to posts request or have a dedicated forum spot/section for such good initiative practice.
Top Secret Researcher
#7855 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 5:15 PM
I'd love to find a bathtub that looks big enough for two or even three people to sit up in comfortably, that's not an entire hot tub.
Wouldn't even have to be functional, I just like building houses with that sort of setup.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Mad Poster
#7856 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 8:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by StrangeTownChick
I'd love to find a bathtub that looks big enough for two or even three people to sit up in comfortably, that's not an entire hot tub.
Wouldn't even have to be functional, I just like building houses with that sort of setup.

So a hot tub but cut in half?
Top Secret Researcher
#7857 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 8:51 PM
So a hot tub but cut in half?

Kinda? More like a bathtub with higher sides and more space inside. I'd want it to fit in in a bathroom.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Mad Poster
#7858 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 11:10 PM
I somehow doubt this is possible, but one of the features in TS3 I liked is the ability to study or do a skilling activity only until the next skill point, but only if you choose to do that. I could see the stopping part being possible but I'm not sure how it'd be toggled.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Field Researcher
#7859 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 11:16 PM
Well, I did create it, as I haven't found strict rules that have to be met regarding social groups. I kinda hate to post requests, because it would be a lot easier and way better If modders and non-modders together could find what they're looking for, unlike pming creators individually which makes it a big hassle. Really see no reason to forbid to posts request or have a dedicated forum spot/section for such good initiative practice.

You might want to check out the Request forum over at Garden of Shadows.
Mad Poster
#7860 Old 2nd Apr 2018 at 12:16 AM
Thanks @Prah. @ihatemandatoryregister perhaps by clicking on the sim or that object his building skill of and next to that interaction having a dot symbol with a circle around it (kinda like "Daydream").
Mad Poster
#7861 Old 2nd Apr 2018 at 12:19 AM
Nested interactions, I think they're called. That could work.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#7862 Old 2nd Apr 2018 at 12:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by suzymarie64
Being able to fix lots while you are in the game LOL. Such as size, terrain etc.

You mean in unowned community lot? Part of that is possible (with buy/build mode enabled on community lots mod).
Theorist
#7863 Old 2nd Apr 2018 at 12:57 AM
I just thought of somethin that would be handy. When a sim walks up/ directed to the easel they are given a pop up to choose if they wish to continue a paintin or start a new one. Then when they finish or given a new task they are given another pop up to sell or save (which would put it in inventory). That way the easel is always free and ya don't need to have them destroy anothers work.
Mad Poster
#7864 Old 2nd Apr 2018 at 1:50 AM
Or a way to put an unfinished painting away so you can resume it later.

Mad Poster
#7865 Old 2nd Apr 2018 at 1:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Or a way to put an unfinished painting away so you can resume it later.

And ways to raise logic on the computer with a spreadsheet application?
Mad Poster
#7866 Old 2nd Apr 2018 at 1:58 AM
That too. Don't worry, I'll take a look in a bit.

Mad Poster
#7867 Old 2nd Apr 2018 at 2:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
That too. Don't worry, I'll take a look in a bit.

Ah that's ok! I just think that my practicing with Excel has raised my logic... at least a little XD

Um... also I am quite excited about the new addition so yeah *is shot*
Mad Poster
#7868 Old 2nd Apr 2018 at 4:25 AM
Influence to... Get Dressed. The neighbors don't need to see your latest conquest outside playing with the dog in her sexy undies.

Also - teens should be able to perform some negative interactions on older sims. If a teen sees his step-dad cheating on his mom right in front of him, I should be able to direct him to do or say something about it.
Inventor
#7869 Old 2nd Apr 2018 at 6:01 AM Last edited by Sketching : 2nd Apr 2018 at 10:52 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
Influence to... Get Dressed. The neighbors don't need to see your latest conquest outside playing with the dog in her sexy undies.

Also - teens should be able to perform some negative interactions on older sims. If a teen sees his step-dad cheating on his mom right in front of him, I should be able to direct him to do or say something about it.

Fellow hamster to the rescue!

I have the SimBlender on nearly all of my lots so I usually use that to change their outfits. I saw this one, though it's a bit old and I haven't used it myself.

I placed a link in my signature for negative interaction mods (Edit: I merged the links in the signature and the link's on the last page of the thread at the current moment) - one of them is Fight Anyone Anytime by Squinge. It also enables fight interactions between teens and adults.
Mad Poster
#7870 Old 2nd Apr 2018 at 6:07 PM
I do have the Blender and Change Clothes and they're great. I have several houses with picket fences where the game gets confused about when to make sims switch to outerwear and I use those mods for situations like that. I just thought it would be fun to have an interaction between the two sims - "Put your clothes back on before my wife gets home and sees you like that!"

Thanks for the Squinge link - I will definitely try that. It irritates me that Maxis made several dysfunctional families with rebellious teens and gave them no way to actually be rebellious against adults! Even the ability to just insult or argue would be an improvement!
Instructor
#7871 Old 2nd Apr 2018 at 6:19 PM
Combining the Sims2CleanPack Installer and the Compressorizer. So if you add new content through the CleanPack Installer you don't have to go and run the Installer again through your whole download folder just to compress the files you just added. And I'm up to 6.5GB of stuff.
Inventor
#7872 Old 2nd Apr 2018 at 6:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
Thanks for the Squinge link - I will definitely try that. It irritates me that Maxis made several dysfunctional families with rebellious teens and gave them no way to actually be rebellious against adults! Even the ability to just insult or argue would be an improvement!

Same here. I find it almost impossible to replicate their scenarios unmodded, and I wanted the stories to go in other directions as well. I found it interesting that there were dramatic set-ups, but I was limited in how to progress them. It's nice to find someone else who thinks the same way!
Mad Poster
#7873 Old 3rd Apr 2018 at 12:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
I would love this. But considering requests aren't allowed on this site, and knowing that finding/sending a PM to a Creators who take requests is the only way this site will accept, I doubt you'd get your way...:/

Sorry for returning to topic, but this whole thread is a bit ironic and contradicting: considering, regardless how you paint it, it is a thread with the title in mind asking to indirectly make a request. Can that redundant rule be somehow a bit uplifted, ay? :D
Mad Poster
#7874 Old 3rd Apr 2018 at 12:37 AM
I could see the rule being lifted for a social group, but we don't want people flooding the WCIF forum or constantly PMing creators to make such-and-such for them.

Top Secret Researcher
#7875 Old 3rd Apr 2018 at 12:53 AM
I think it would be more up to the creator to take on one of the requests if they felt they could do it.
Page 315 of 587