Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Link Ninja
#76 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 2:33 AM
As of now my dream sims game would just to never crash or flash pink. I want optimization!

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Advertisement
Mad Poster
#77 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 3:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
As of now my dream sims game would just to never crash or flash pink. I want optimization!

Good explanation of the pink flashing here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLkmxAg7r3Y - maybe something in it may help.

If my game crashes - it is ALWAYS custom content. I have for a long time started to add just a small number of things at a time - I also put those in a separate folder so that it is easy to remove when needed. I don't think my game has ever crashed due to anything else.
Link Ninja
#78 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 4:48 AM
Thanks, I've watched that very vid quite a few times. Usually restarting the computer and game will fix it just like it instructed but as of the past few days it's really getting pink and/or crashing and I haven't added any new cc for a couple of weeks so I find it odd it's happening now (and of course annoying since i'm building for a contest). drivers are all up to date too and got all my cff explore to force 4mb/graphics rules set up.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#79 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 11:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PANDAQUEEN
I've been pretty defensive lately to have the time to play games because lately I am not able to make time to play videogames. So lately I have been watching movies because, I have a number of health issues leaving me tired, but my guard is constantly up.

Being angry all the time can't be any good for the tiredness, though. It might be a good idea to pick your battles.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Lab Assistant
#80 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 2:45 PM
I want..the semi-open world for sims2 (but I want I am the only one who ages and manages my sims) and the trait system that goes well with personality system of ts2.
Also, some physical diversity just like ts3/4.
That's all I want.

Hi. I'm Caren but you can also call me Beau. I luv sims since I was born.
I GOT A YOUTUBE(Eng sub provided) : YOUTUBE
You can find my ts2&ts4 pre-mades' stories here: Blog(korean)
Not very active on the tumblr now but: Tumblr
I can be found at Discord channels dedicated to ts2.
Instructor
#81 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 3:07 PM
All the build mode in Sims 4 but, all the gameplay and body shop of Sims 2.
Mad Poster
#82 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 4:25 PM
@Charmful - my game also gives me problems during building contests - I hope you can sort it out.

As for my dream game - I like my game the way it is - If I wanted Sims 3 or 4 features, I would have played those games.
Link Ninja
#83 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 4:30 PM
I'm just saving over-zealously. The pink flashing calmed down and now it's just crashing *sigh*

I never played 3 or 4 so the features I am missing I only know about but never experienced. I do like the idea of separate shoes (I think Peni mentioned that earlier) but didn't someone find out you can convert shoes into accessories in sims 2 and switch them out there?

Field Researcher
#84 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 5:16 PM
Oops! I am very sorry! English is not my native language and I translated it using google translate. I forgot to check carefully what I wrote. I am not sexist. In my post I mean the creator of the game or the development team. And I think that in game industry we must to have representatives of both genders.
Mad Poster
#85 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 10:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
oh boy...

I see what you did there!

Anyways, some of the features I'd like in my ideal game would definitely be:

-Body sliders. Height doesn't bother me much, but definitely different body types, body morphing, etc... It would be nice to have that in TS2.

-Also, a YA stage that acts as a regular life stage. I'm not quite fond of the way EA incorporated the YA stage. That is something I always liked in TS3, they had it all figured out from the beginning. Also, the genetics of TS3 always seemed quite smoother than in TS2. I like how colours blend together.

-And finally, maybe a Sims game that EA doesn't simply abandon for the "next big thing". There's so much that you can implement in one series of a franchise.
Alchemist
#86 Old 14th Dec 2018 at 10:16 PM
lot types specifically for each type of playable creature; not just witch/warlock.
with vampire's effects for night-time and/or for inside could be applied any time of day.
plantsim's/servo's; their Needs could be constantly satisfied.
Theorist
#87 Old 16th Dec 2018 at 6:51 PM
Well I believe there's nothing on this Earth that could not, in theory, be improved.

So my Dream Sims Game(tm) would look like this:

The first and most important point: The rotational system of Sims 2. When I save a family on (in game) Sunday 6pm on the third day of Spring, and then go to play other families, I want to find the first family still on Sunday 6pm on the third day of Spring when I return to them, doing the exact same things they did when I left them.
This is not negotiable. The only thing I can imagine would be a system where you can toggle between the other households being active or not (so being able to switch between the Sims 2 and the Sims 3/4 system)

Then I'd like a hybrid betwen Sims 3's Open World and the Sims 2 lot-based system. Basically you'd have lots (houses, shops, bars, clubs, restaurants) and then there'd be this "giant community lot" all around them called "Outside" which would stretch across all the free space in the neighbourhood (and would still be freely editable) Here the playe could create parks and woods and beaches and such for their Sims to enjoy.
There would only be loading screens whenever a playable Sim passes from "Outside" to a Lot or vice versa or when switching between Sims that are in different places in the neighbourhood.

A improved version of CAST that saves each colour swatch you create, to trim down the perfomance issues CAST created in Sims 3. This system should also improve the colour selection and feature heavy tweaks to the saturation to avoid the over-saturated clothes of Sims 3.

And with that also comes a customizable genetics system. Each hair, eye or skin colour you create could be designated as "dominant" or "recessive" to simulate proper gene transfer between the generations. Skin colours would be arranged in a gradient, so that two Sims at either end of the spectrum could have children with all the different skintones in between. Hair and eye colours meanwhile, could be assigned "hybrids". The player could, for example designate "Strawberry Blond" as a hybrid between Red and Blond or Hazel as a hybrid between Green and Brown eyes.

When dressing a Sim, I want to be able to select things like shoes, socks, tights, jewellery (properly implemented, not that vestigial system in Sims 2 right now) gloves and hats independent from clothing/hairstyles.
In fact, take that even further and allow us to layer clothing (choose shirts independent of jackets etc.)

Body shapes like in Sims 3 and 4.

A character system that combines the personality points for the basics with some of the traits form 3/4 (Hopeless Romantic, Loves the Outdoors) to create even more unique Sims.

And all of the other QOL improvements 3 and 4 brought to Cas. (Favourites, Voice selection, the ability to assign up to five outfits per category the Sim will be able to randomly "choose" from whenever they change clothes, being able to create households with different last names, being able to create supernaturals)

A "Middle Age" lifestage between Adult and Elder, because right now, unless you make the effort to make them appear as if they were aging through their adulthood, Sims go from 25 to 80 the moment the change from Adult to Elder)

And yeah, I wouldn't say "no" to a height slider...

The Sims in general should look like those in Sims Medieval, the best looking Sims in the series to date.

The various QOL improvement the Sims 3 and 4 build and buy modes brought (diagonal placement and smaller placement grid without cheats. Bettwe window placement, better and multiple layers of basements.

Those amazing sliders that decide the lenght of life stages and seasons.

For Supernaturals I'd like Aliens, Witches/Warlocks, Vampires, Werewolves, Fairies, Plant Sims and Zombies, all patterned after those excellent Sims 4 vampires. I don't want Ghosts to be playable.

The same love of detail that went into Sims 2.

The sims 2 memory system.

A better recognition between Step-Parents, Step-Children and Step-Siblings. They should be categorized as family, for a start.

Generally more emotional dept to the Sims, and I want situations like in that one promo video with Beta-Don and Beta-Dina, if a Sim sees their brother in law cheating on their sister, they should be able to tell said sister what is going on.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#88 Old 16th Dec 2018 at 11:19 PM
Would be about time to introduce individual funds, along with the option whether using household expenses or of a Sim that's making a purchase.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#89 Old 22nd Dec 2018 at 3:51 PM
Coming from some discussion of the rotational system between TS2 and TS3:

Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
The Sims 2 is far better for rotational play, though there is one nitpick: If you play one household and a Sim dies on Day 3, when you go onto the next household they'll already be dead on Day 1. I don't really see any way around this.

In my dream Sims game, I can see it being handled by some sort of event system, where you play through one household, it counts the events (deaths, birthdays, etc) and what day they occur on, and when you move onto another household it'll make those events happen on the same day. So you'll still be able to go visit that Sim up until day 3.

Adding onto this: If you don't really want to play a household, you can set them to automatically age up, get promotions, etc. You'd actually have to deliberately set this, though, so surprises can't really sneak up on you.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#90 Old 22nd Dec 2018 at 5:57 PM
TS2 would be great If townies at least aged by their own.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Test Subject
#91 Old 22nd Dec 2018 at 8:31 PM
My perfect sims game would have these additions: open world, sims 4 graphics, Chinese food delivery, a babysitter that actually takes care of my kid, create-a-style, celebrity system, etc.

And if possible (eh, probably not) less lag
Mad Poster
#92 Old 22nd Dec 2018 at 11:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
TS2 would be great If townies at least aged by their own.

Ancient Highway made a mod that does exactly that. I don't use it because it appears to include NPCs as well as townies and I'd prefer not to have to keep replacing butlers and nannies all the time.

Use the fixed version in the second post.
http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=8058.0
Mad Poster
#93 Old 23rd Dec 2018 at 2:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MajesticUnicorn
Chinese food delivery

This is already in the game. You can order Chinese or Pizza.
Mad Poster
#94 Old 23rd Dec 2018 at 6:08 AM
Be careful when ordering Chinese food. Usually, sims will only get fat if they eat when they're not hungry. Chinese food will make them fat whether they're hungry or not. (Yes, it's intentional for some reason.)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#95 Old 23rd Dec 2018 at 5:41 PM
If there's any sort of open-world aspect that allows you to visit other Sims' houses, I'd like it if townies were randomly assigned to unoccupied houses, albeit with some sense to it – if Goopy is working in the mail room, he's likely not going to be living by himself in a 6-bedroom manor. I liked the idea they did in Bon Voyage where they took groups of tourists and put them into families that showed up together on hotel lots, so perhaps something like that could work for the houses.

Page 4 of 4