Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Feb 2007 at 3:48 AM
Multiplayer (Lan or otherwise)
Im sure this has already been brought up but I couldnt find it anywhere. I was wondering if it was possible to mod Sims2 in such a way that multiplayer over LAN would be possible. For example, my girlfriend and I both play and would -love- to be able to play together on the same "server" or whatnot. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Advertisement
Part-time Hermit
#2 Old 5th Feb 2007 at 5:00 AM
I think it has been brought up before, and I think it has already been said before that this would not be possible for modders to do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Feb 2007 at 6:29 AM
Well, that's not something I wanted to hear. I was really hoping it was possible since it would add so much to the game. I think it's definitely a factor the Sims 2 people should think about adding at some point. Would definitely rock
Forum Resident
#4 Old 5th Feb 2007 at 7:49 AM
It may not be what you wanted to hear, but it's the reality.

You should go to Maxis / EA with this wish.

happy simming,
Xanathon

Xanathon's Laboratory :: WishList

.: Do not harass me with requests via PM, you will only get ignored :.
.: Don't post my objects or objects derived from them on paysites or the exchange! :.
Instructor
#5 Old 5th Feb 2007 at 10:40 AM
It's been talked about before and I honestly would have no idea about the complexity of that question because I'm sure Maxis could create a modified online environment but outside EA it would be an impossible task, sorry. Not sure about the future though, depends how the game engine for The Sims 3 works *rubs hands together*
Test Subject
#6 Old 31st Jul 2007 at 6:04 AM
Default .....
We need expert hackers for that
Test Subject
#7 Old 31st Jul 2007 at 6:09 AM
I think we might have to change codes to make it multiplayer or something
Test Subject
#8 Old 31st Jul 2007 at 8:40 AM Last edited by Andale : 1st Aug 2007 at 3:42 AM. Reason: additional info
I wanna chime in with another version of this idea.
While most people would assume multiplayer would mean 2 or more people at once I have another idea.
What about just a way of making shared save files over a LAN. I play at night and noone else is allowed to play on my machine, so what if we could make it point to the file subfolders of my install, but stay pointed at the main files that eat up so much of your comp's resources on the computer it's running from.
Poorly explained, I know. Also, I realize this is a modder forum, not a hacker forum, but as long as people just wanna have an interactive save between computers then even I could set up a macro to automatically sync the files over a network, but that would make having custom content a HUGE hassle cuz then both comps would need to have any custom content installed on the other.

edit: if someone could tell me ALL the files that a save consists of for a neighborhood then I could put a macro together really easy. I will create a separate one for the download directory in case of modded characters.
Test Subject
#9 Old 14th Aug 2007 at 9:45 PM
i'd rather change it to multiplayer so i can kill
people with the guns instead of the npc's always ignoring the guns cuz i wanna kill my sims as well.Of course if it was multiplayer all npc's would have to be rid of though
Test Subject
#10 Old 14th Aug 2007 at 9:46 PM
Anyways i like killing my sims
Test Subject
#11 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 4:55 AM
so you just want a shooter?
I feel like you just want a mod to have a gun and shoot your sims. This feels entirely against the idea behind sims. Just me maybe but that's how i see it.

Don't know why I am bothering to reply to this.

I did figure out a way to do this btw. Not playing at the same time, but my 2 roommates had different schedules than me so we all used a shared set of save files. I never found the code for referencing the save location so I could not make a simpler version than to have everyone upload the files when they stopped playing.
Test Subject
#12 Old 24th Jan 2012 at 12:42 AM
They Do! I think...
I seen a link and it's currently uploading on this website...I just don't know if I should trust it it's at http://www.largedocument.com/2/ad8b...AN_Emulator.exe btw it isn't an auto download...you'll just be at that page when you go to it.
Sockpuppet
#13 Old 24th Jan 2012 at 12:55 AM
Closest thing is The Sims Social on Facebook
Locked thread | Locked by: HugeLunatic Reason: Must be resurrection day. Just say no. :)