Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 1547
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 2862 (Who?), Viewed: 152596 times.
Search this Thread
Old 19th Apr 2018, 11:07 PM #2851
thevogel
Field Researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShigemiNotoge
the entire post Houts linked to is completely irrelevant for the sims 4. it's original content and adding new things doesn't need to go trough any legal department because EA owns the entire franchise. They start at step 6, but they don't really because they are making new --for the most part-- original content for a game they own entirely.

On top of this more emphasis needs to be put into the spider suit because there are only maybe 1-5 really recognisable, iconic designs. In contrast there are hundreds to thousands of pieces of clothing for the sims that do not need to meet any sort of classic, iconic look.

They skip steps 9-12 completely because they do not make new models based on old ones. They recolour old ones without bothering to tweak the model even a tiny bit.

13 is not a step

14 The sims are already rigged, and I was unaware that clothes and furniture like a FUCKING LOUNGE CHAIR required a rigged bone structure...

The animations themselves is the only decently intensive part of what they do, and they refuse to do any of it because it's "too hard"

You do realize it is a lot harder to animate an entire fight scene than it is to animate someone sitting in A FUCKING LOUNGE CHAIR

By posting this comparison Houts has really given us a clear picture of how truly lazy they are compared to people who actually work hard. So thank you.

YES YES!! THANK YOU!!! Oh my bloody hell...this is the kind of stuff I want to scream at them from the top of my lungs!!! I need a margarita!!!
Old 20th Apr 2018, 12:31 AM #2852
matrix54
Original Poster

Mad Poster

9 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShigemiNotoge
Well that phrase just about sums up the entire iteration doesn't it? I don't know why people expect bits and pieces here and there to be an exception. It's all disgustingly squeaky clean because god forbid a child or young teen should have to be exposed to difficult life events and decisions in a lighthearted setting. God forbid children actually be exposed to what life has to offer. Better to just let them be traumatised for the first time in the real world rather than learning how to make tough choices in a setting where no one actually gets hurt

I mean, the first thing any trained therapist will tell you is that if you are in pain or traumatised by something the best idea is to avoid all exposure to it whatsoever. To hide it all away and pretend it doesn't exist, then force everyone around you to walk on eggshells for the rest of your life at the risk of having to actually deal with your fucking emotions for once in your life. If you never have to deal with, or think about the things and events that cause you pain then it's all better, right? That's the healthy way to deal with things, right?

Honestly, I’ve been robbed before. Had someone attempt to break into my home (while I was home), and was almost mugged (but had nothing to take).

Even with all of that happening to me PERSONALLY, I still want it in the game. It’s a facet of life. It helps shape the game world. Having a burglar drop by (in game) is an experience, especially with Sims home. You don’t know what they’re going to take.

Everything on screen is a safe environment. If anyone’s taking all of this to heart, I pity them. They haven’t experienced the real world at all.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Old 20th Apr 2018, 1:07 AM #2853
glad971
Test Subject

Quote:
Lots of people don't realize how much work goes into making a video game.

It would be a correct excuse if EA did not make billions. It's an excuse that you use when you have like 5 people in your team and a very limited budget.

And why the fuck does he post about the Spiderman game? Insomniac games has 300 people working for them, EA has about 9000.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insomniac_Games
Old 20th Apr 2018, 1:29 AM #2854
matrix54
Original Poster

Mad Poster

9 Achievements

9000 people don’t work on the Sims, though.

The difference between modders and preofessoial develops is that modders are usually smaller groups with a general lead or leads and keep in touch in close knit groups but everyone’s working on the project actively.

Professional development involves lots of meetings, especially for leads and managers (which is graham has hour long meetings about trivial features). Everyone physically getting together and talking (since no one person is in charge of every single aspect) and then are managers who need to approve details, and then there’s the issue of budgets and resource allocation, and other corporate mess.

Like, a modded can easily fix smaller detail in the course of a day and release a basic mod and everything is fine. Let’s say there was a big red square on a chair’s texture. A modder could have that done the day of launch and up on several sites very quickly.

For professionals, they need to:
1. Assess the severity of this problem (when found). Since this is a trivial issue, it gets neglected until all/most major issues are dealt with, or if a spare employee isn’t able to handle the task
2. Allocate resources for someone to fix this. It would take all of 10 minutes, but it needs to be paid for and assigned appropriately.
3. Assign work for develops (or even an intern) to repaint the skin for 10 minutes.
* Honestly, they may have a ticket system in place where employees choose what to deal with or they handle tasks in order, but it’s still slow.

4. Get it approved for quality.
5. Get it approved again by someone else to be added to the patch a month (or more) from now.

It’s not that the devs can’t get it done, but that it has to go through so many different departments and people. Heaven forbid they need to outsource labor from a company to fix a trivial issue.

Old 20th Apr 2018, 9:19 PM #2855
thevogel
Field Researcher

Well I guess it doesn't matter anymore now. Cause I don't think there are going to be anymore Stuff packs, Game packs, or even Expansion for TS4 at this point. I know everyone was hoping for Season or university.... and a lot of the builders were hoping for some sort of builders stuff pack....but I think EA is done. They have made it pretty clear that the mobile game is their focus.
Old 20th Apr 2018, 10:19 PM #2856
Dorsal Axe
Instructor

10 Achievements

Well the game isn't dead until it's official. Personally, I think there's still some milking to be made of The Sims 4 yet. The main takeaway from today's news IMO is that The Sims 5 isn't going to be a thing.
Old 20th Apr 2018, 10:43 PM #2857
thevogel
Field Researcher

True....but any additional content is going to be sparse. With them getting rid of long term staff members and devoted developers of the series...I am not sure an actual EP will get released. I can see them doing a few stuff packs for some quick cash...but no real investment in actual gameplay or interactive content
Old 20th Apr 2018, 11:00 PM #2858
SusannaG
Top Secret Researcher

That chairs pack would still be possible, but yeah.
Old 20th Apr 2018, 11:19 PM #2859
thevogel
Field Researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusannaG
That chairs pack would still be possible, but yeah.

Oh the chairs.... yes, that would be a fond farewell wouldn't it? I think they should definitely do a Chair pack.
Old 20th Apr 2018, 11:44 PM #2860
matrix54
Original Poster

Mad Poster

9 Achievements

I would NOT be surprised if the pool together a bunch of assets from unfinished packs or pulled content from an upcoming packs and make into a new packs to squaeezd ever little drop of money out of the game before they let it die.

Old 21st Apr 2018, 12:01 AM #2861
thevogel
Field Researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix54
I would NOT be surprised if the pool together a bunch of assets from unfinished packs or pulled content from an upcoming packs and make into a new packs to squaeezd ever little drop of money out of the game before they let it die.

Exactly.

It makes me wonder how much stuff they pulled out of the base game, just so they could break it all up like that and sell it separately. What a con job.... really shitty thing for them to do just for a few extra bucks.
Old 21st Apr 2018, 10:31 AM #2862
SneakyWingPhoenix
Top Secret Researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix54
That was the most happy-go-lucky graffiti in the world. You spray paint murals, or spray paint over one. There isn’t even good and bad behavior attributed to graffiti, or any group related activities to graffiti (spraying group logo, defacing art, etc.). It’s all so... clean.

And one of the absurds on why you're not allowed to compare TS4vsTS3 when the prequal dominates the sequal's quality bit by bit. I mean you can't just take TS3 out of the franchise and ignore the fact that exists within the same FRANCHISE as that other game. Newest game in 2018 sucking than the previous game of 2009 doesn't help. Imagine If that how the world was based around, where the towns, their financial and political stability were outdated than in the previous time and past where it had been massively praised by the citizens, and you got this one person out of dozen saying ("Forget about the past. The Future is here old man!").

TS3:U your sim got at least a fine or arrested (either which one) by a police cop with a risk of a chance. Now what that says about the quality? There's detail put with a bad consequence. In TS4? Personally I don't know or heard of how's improved upon or what it has than the past iteration doesn't.
Old 21st Apr 2018, 6:19 PM #2863
ShigemiNotoge
Theorist

1 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Imagine If that how the world was based around, where the towns, their financial and political stability were outdated than in the previous time and past where it had been massively praised by the citizens, and you got this one person out of dozen saying ("Forget about the past. The Future is here old man!").

I believe that's referred to as a corrupt dictatorship :^)

Section jump: