Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 1284
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 9890 (Who?), Viewed: 553871 times.
Search this Thread
Old 9th Jan 2019, 8:54 PM #9876
Bulbizarre
Mad Poster

5 Achievements

If you crack the file open in SimPE you can see in there whether it has an NPC or not. Forgot the exact details of it though.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

If you have any questions about YOPD, feel free to PM me. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives | Welcome to Oakbrook.
Old 9th Jan 2019, 9:05 PM #9877
Peni Griffin
Mad Poster

12 Achievements

Direct link doesn't work for me, either. I guess I'll have to content myself with Sophie David's lot-down pigeon effects until we finally upgrade our computer.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Old 9th Jan 2019, 9:28 PM #9878
FranH
Mad Poster

What kind of computer can't get into the site? I could do it with XP on a really old computer.
Or do you have a over-bearing anti-virus program that blacklists everything?

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
My downloads of various stuff: https://www.mediafire.com/#myfiles (including funerals!)
Old 9th Jan 2019, 9:37 PM #9879
Bulbizarre
Mad Poster

5 Achievements

Try right-clicking on the direct link and "save target as..." Or sometimes it's save link as.

If you have any questions about YOPD, feel free to PM me. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives | Welcome to Oakbrook.
Old 9th Jan 2019, 9:47 PM #9880
Peni Griffin
Mad Poster

12 Achievements

The message I get is "this site uses an unsupported protocol." I'm using Chrome on an XP machine. Right click "save as" has no result, it just sits there and never generates a new pop-up or asks for a save name and location or anything. I get this periodically these days.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Old 9th Jan 2019, 9:49 PM #9881
Bulbizarre
Mad Poster

5 Achievements

Try changing https to http:

http://n99forumpaks.jfade.com/r2rfi...aPigeonsSet.zip

Another alternative: Some security programs will attempt to intercept certain types of SSL traffic. Try temporarily disabling antiviruses and the like.

Third alternative: Might be the browser itself, if the SSL version the site uses is incompatible. If you're on XP, I'm suspecting this might be the case.

Old 12th Jan 2019, 2:39 PM #9882
Sepowo
Test Subject

I'd love a mod that prevents Sims from overreacting when they see a sexy or a horrible Sim according to theirs TO's, especially if they are engaged or married AND faithful. That means this mod will only permit thought bubbles surrounded by hearts. I'm so sick of my settled-down Family Sims fake-vomiting each time they notice a ugly pixel...
Old 12th Jan 2019, 9:23 PM #9883
SparkySays
Lab Assistant

2 Achievements

I wish it were possible to make collection files that only include certain recolors instead of all the recolors associated with an object.
Old 13th Jan 2019, 12:19 AM #9884
FranH
Mad Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxEllen1965
Monique made this one. It's old, so you might want to test it first to make sure it's compatible with your game.

http://www.modthesims.info/d/132164...preggy-mod.html

I put this in my downloads folder, and it works perfectly with All Ep's and Sp's. Just wanted to let people know.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
My downloads of various stuff: https://www.mediafire.com/#myfiles (including funerals!)
Old 15th Jan 2019, 8:36 PM #9885
mdsb759
Theorist

Young Adult sorting in Live Mode be based on the amount of time till graduation.
Old 16th Jan 2019, 7:04 PM #9886
lientebollemeis
Alchemist

47 Achievements

View My Journal

It would be great if dogs (especially agressive) could fight a burglar with the same effect (except for the money) as a cop. And even better if the owner could train it.
Or that its barking could replace an alarmsystem.

Overview all my creations (MTS and beyond): Download at once
FAQ and policy: Policy S2I
The School Project: The School Project
Over 500 new food items to come in Fast & Healthy Cooking Project: F&HCP
Old 17th Jan 2019, 3:27 AM #9887
SparkySays
Lab Assistant

2 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lientebollemeis
It would be great if dogs (especially agressive) could fight a burglar with the same effect (except for the money) as a cop. And even better if the owner could train it.
Or that its barking could replace an alarmsystem.

Ooh yes, but only if it's a smart dog. Dogs that are dumb and friendly should lick the burglar instead!
Old 17th Jan 2019, 7:42 AM #9888
inspiredzone
Field Researcher

4 Achievements

I seem to remember someone posting about this recently (or at least reading it recently)- but more variety in LTWs, especially non-career-related. Throw 30 Great Parties for popularity sims, Taught 10 Children to Study for knowledge or family, Wrote 10 Best Selling Novels for knowledge, Stayed Unemployed Through Adulthood for pleasure. Or even more switches like 50 First/Dream Dates for romance sims too instead of just pleasure.

I don't even use LTWs because it's always "Reach Level 10 of This Career". The only aspirations that get multiple non-career LTW options are family and pleasure. That's kind of sad.
Old 17th Jan 2019, 8:01 PM #9889
didyouevenmakeasound
Field Researcher

Okay, this is going to sound REEAAALLLY weird and not actually possible, but bear with me.
So, I'm a big fan of a webcomic called Homestuck, and in Homestuck there are these aliens called trolls.
Trolls themselves are humanoid, but baby trolls are actually these little pupae called grubs, which kinda look like little caterpillars or something.
I've always really wanted to make a Homestuck hood (downloading stuff for it now in fact) but Sim babies of course, look very human.
Now, it's possible to make baby clothes/accessories, right? And obviously it's possible to make toddler clothes and accessories.
I wish there were new meshes to make a kinda grub-like body. It would be really difficult and probably really impossible, but I can see potential ways to make it by kinda making the mesh big enough to cover most of the arms/legs and adding a midsection with a 'fake' pair of legs. But c'est la vie, I have no meshing skill and it really would be a difficult thing to take on.
Here's a picture of what I mean by the grubs- I think they're adorable as cartoons but they would be so ugly in real life, obviously

You can call me Diddy :)
My Simblr (shared with a friend) is TwoSimmingFreaks - there's not much on there yet, but there will be soon :D
Old Yesterday, 4:41 AM #9890
omglo
Theorist

4 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulbizarre
There's an interaction for toddlers to "Give Love.../Stroke" dogs that is fully functional, but for some reason it isn't available without allmenus. Someone should enable it.

I figured I should mention that this exists now. I'm not sure when I'll find the energy to go through the steps of uploading it here. Thanks @Bulbizarre for mentioning this hidden interaction in the first place.
http://earlypleasantview.tumblr.com...locked-this-has
Old Yesterday, 9:42 PM #9891
mdsb759
Theorist

there be a keyboard shortcuts for each of the following::
-saving lot
-exiting lot to main neighborhood or to lot's location
-bringing up neighborhood chooser
-each kind of sub-neighborhood dialog

Section jump: