Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 1547
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 6093 (Who?), Viewed: 197403 times.
Search this Thread
Old 21st Apr 2018, 11:25 PM #6076
Primavera
Lab Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebine
yes, the same creator made both. Inteen does not create chaos, but it is not compatible with many mods. I tried playing without Inteen for a small while...then came back to it.

Ahh okay. Yeah that's what I meant to say, I know it doesn't get along well with most mods, but the teen pregnancy aspect is what most people use it for I assume (correct me if I'm wrong).
Old 21st Apr 2018, 11:26 PM #6077
gummilutt
Mad Poster

40 Achievements

View My Journal

Insim may be made by same creator, but it doesn't have anything to do with inteen really. It's just a very handy mod object that lets you fix a lot of things. Simblender does most of what Insim does, but not all of it. Simanipulator does 98% of it, but IMO it is far more annoying to use. Less intuitive pie menu, and much more cluttered. I use the object version of insim so that there are separate objects for different types of stuff, so I just grab the one needed in that situation. More hassle than putting down one object, but so much easier to quickly find the option you want.

Insim gets a bad rep for "not being supported", but I don't see how that matters. It works perfectly fine for me and always has, and if ever there is some function that doesn't work properly then just use simblender/simanipulator for that specific thing.

If you have questions on how to use SimPE or WW, you're welcome to PM me.
Old 21st Apr 2018, 11:32 PM #6078
Primavera
Lab Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by gummilutt
Insim may be made by same creator, but it doesn't have anything to do with inteen really. It's just a very handy mod object that lets you fix a lot of things. Simblender does most of what Insim does, but not all of it. Simanipulator does 98% of it, but IMO it is far more annoying to use. Less intuitive pie menu, and much more cluttered. I use the object version of insim so that there are separate objects for different types of stuff, so I just grab the one needed in that situation. More hassle than putting down one object, but so much easier to quickly find the option you want.

Insim gets a bad rep for "not being supported", but I don't see how that matters. It works perfectly fine for me and always has, and if ever there is some function that doesn't work properly then just use simblender/simanipulator for that specific thing.

Oooh interesting, thank you for the clarification. I'm still gonna try Insim out to see if I like it or not.
Old Yesterday, 12:14 AM #6079
CaliBrat
Top Secret Researcher

20 Achievements

I have objects Insim, SimBlender, and Simmanipulator in my games. They all work fine together and each has somethin that the other doesn't or is easier for me to find and use.
Old Yesterday, 12:34 AM #6080
Rosebine
Mad Poster

12 Achievements

Idem for me...If you replace Insim with Inteen in my case

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS ;)
Old Yesterday, 2:37 AM #6081
gummilutt
Mad Poster

40 Achievements

View My Journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliBrat
I have objects Insim, SimBlender, and Simmanipulator in my games. They all work fine together and each has somethin that the other doesn't or is easier for me to find and use.

Same here I prefer insim for pregnancy scanner, changing career/study related things, and sim temperature/fitness. Easier to find. I prefer simblender for relationship stuff, changing OTH, sometimes for clothes and teleporting. I mainly use simmanipulator to extend date/party timers, since it's the only one of the three that does that (as far as I know).

If you have questions on how to use SimPE or WW, you're welcome to PM me.
Old Yesterday, 4:18 AM #6082
Phantomknight
Instructor

1 Achievements

Quote:
I mainly use simmanipulator to extend date/party timers, since it's the only one of the three that does that (as far as I know).

Really? I was just wishing I could do this earlier today! Sometimes I need a little more time to get that date meter up to the next level and make it a dream date. Well, I'm off to go downloading, then.

"Enjoy the moment with all your might, whether it’s gloomy, whether it’s bright!"
Also known as Kelyns but you can call me KB.
Bored? Read the legacy I'll probably never finish.
Old Yesterday, 4:35 AM #6083
SleepycatDSL
Field Researcher

1 Achievements

InSim was made by eric.
InTeen was made by jase.

TFM's Naughty Sims Asylum - home of my Sim stuff - SC4 Terrains, Lots, Sims, Hairy Skintones, Hoods and some clothes & stuff.
Simbology
Old Yesterday, 9:26 AM #6084
Pideli
Field Researcher

7 Achievements

Is there a convenient way to shut down a home business without selling everything ?
I want to start over at level 0 with a new owner so that he can also build up his business perks without doing the painfully slow "Pass on" interaction 15 friggin times.
Old Yesterday, 12:49 PM #6085
schwimmbad17
Test Subject

Quote:
Same here I prefer insim for pregnancy scanner, changing career/study related things, and sim temperature/fitness. Easier to find. I prefer simblender for relationship stuff, changing OTH, sometimes for clothes and teleporting. I mainly use simmanipulator to extend date/party timers, since it's the only one of the three that does that (as far as I know).

Batbox also works to extend parties. I've never tried it for dates, though- I'm usually ending them early rather than trying to extend them.
Old Yesterday, 3:15 PM #6086
Liza
Lab Assistant

My thoughts after watching Jessa's stream: I love The Sims 2 fan community! This is the most cozy and joyful gaming community that I know!

Here is always interesting, joyful and peaceful, unlike other communities.
Old Yesterday, 5:37 PM #6087
PenelopeT
Top Secret Researcher

11 Achievements

I have always sort of wished that sims had more real yard work/home maintenance options than they currently do. However, after spending more than 2 1/2 hours this morning in my own yard (whilst my husband cleaned the gutters) doing a spring clean-up and prepping for the new spring/summer landscaping set-up...Yeah, I am pretty well over wanting my sims to have more 'real' household chores.

Oh, and we are currently taking a tea/lunch break before getting back to it - which of course means I am actually in the mood to play the game, but have no time and will have no interest in playing it later on.

Feel free to just call me, Pen.
Old Yesterday, 6:21 PM
DezzyBoo
This message has been deleted by DezzyBoo. Reason: wrong place
Old Today, 4:00 AM #6088
Charity
Mad Poster

12 Achievements

Have too many trees in your sim's yard and you'll be well over yard work in autumn. XD
Old Today, 6:28 AM #6089
Zarathustra
Alchemist

26 Achievements

View My Journal

The one "seasonal chore" that I really wish was an option is shoveling snow when it's deep... Like, instead of driveways automatically being only partly clear, there should be an option to "shovel driveway" and an option to "shovel pavement" for other areas where there's floor tiles outdoors that get buried in the fluffy white stuff.

After all, it builds character! (points for getting the Calvin & Hobbes reference)

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Old Today, 7:39 AM #6090
Liza
Lab Assistant

Interesting grass texture by default in the Sims 2. In the rest of the series, it's just perfect green grass: in TS1, TS3 in Sunset Valley, TS4. And in the Sims 2 some kind of other grass: seemingly crumpled, mixed with sand and not so bright, and green, as in other games. Although the game has the opportunity to lay the perfect green grass.
Old Today, 9:52 AM #6091
RoxEllen1965
Top Secret Researcher

Yes, I like the default grass texture too. I think it's meant to look like the owners haven't had time to look after it properly. It hasn't been fertilized properly or maybe has some bug or disease problems, etc. If I want my sims to have a perfectly manicured lawn, I can use a terrain paint. There's even a couple of terrain paints from M&G that look like they have lawnmower tracks.
Old Today, 10:36 AM #6092
Justpetro
Mad Poster

16 Achievements

When I saw that perfectly mowed lawn in M&G the first time, my thought was: Poor gardener!

Windows 10 and the Ultimate Collection
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=568275
Old Today, 11:22 AM #6093
Orphalesion
Forum Resident

I just always thought the grass in sims 2 looks like the sort of grass you see in fields, meadows that sort of stuff....or any garden where they don't spend a lot of time on shaping the lawn. A natural lawn.

Old Today, 3:27 PM #6094
Rosebine
Mad Poster

12 Achievements

Make sense, since before you place a lot, no one lives there

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS ;)

Section jump: