Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Dec 2009 at 5:34 AM
Default Terrain Paint Layers
I have a question about terrain pain layers, since we shouldn't have have more than eight per chunk. If I paint a layer, then paint another layer over it leaving nothing of the first layer exposed, and then do the same with a third layer... do I have one layer or three? That is, does painting over a layer cancel out the first layer? I'm not sure how to even find this out, and I can think of arguments for there being one or three layers so... it's got me wondering.

And I guess while I'm asking questions, is this CAW section going to be added to the menu Creater -> Specific Sections menu list? It would be easier than navigating to to the Forum Overview page.

My cat taught me how to fetch. I throw the toy, she shows me where it landed, and I fetch it.
Advertisement
Eminence Grise
#2 Old 23rd Dec 2009 at 9:14 AM
My guess would be that if you paint over it it still counts, since your paint can be semi-transparent anyway... the top layer isn't necessarily th eonly one that shows.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#3 Old 23rd Dec 2009 at 9:15 AM
I'd guess three too - but if you keep your total number of terrain paints to no more than 8, you'll never go over the limit (and I don't think the game would immediately explode if you used 9).

I'll try to remember to fix that dropdown navigation.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.