Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Dec 2009 at 9:33 AM
Default Crashes with.. everything.
Hi, I have had no luck with the Create-A-World tool.

Originally, I thought it had something to do with some moderations and stuff I had in my game files.. but I took all of them out to be able to update my game to the patch. Then I presumed it was to do with my x64 bit system; This isn't the case because I have just been informed that someone else with a similar set up can run the tool perfectly.
Reinstalled three times now, and re-downloaded too. Same thing happens.

Brilliant.

So what is the problem?

I open the tool and get the Splash screen and everything seems to go fine. It takes a bit, and then gives me the main interface. Nothing is clickable or whatever, but that is because I need to start a project first.
Go to "File - New World" and up comes the options. Whatever I choose the same thing happens. It loads, and I get a very quick and basic view in the right hand side - its regularly the sea, or grass, or whatever - and then it crashes. Closes itself. Kaboom. Gone.
The same thing happens upon loading a pre-made world, or attempting to make "desert" terrains, etc.

Can someone help?

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Advertisement
Eminence Grise
#2 Old 18th Dec 2009 at 12:48 PM
Hmm... wonder if it's a video driver problem? Cause your crash happens when the render window comes up. Are your drivers up to date?
Theorist
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Dec 2009 at 1:36 PM
Just updated my Graphics Card Driver and its still doing the same thing... Thanks for reminding me to do that, though, I forgot about updating for ages

However, the same problem still remains.. :/

♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Theorist
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th Dec 2009 at 3:16 PM Last edited by Petchy : 19th Dec 2009 at 6:32 PM.
Not to "Bump" the thread so much, as to state that the problem is still on-going.

Its really getting to me that I can't do anything!

I've uninstalled and reinstalled, again, and the problem persists. If you think the problem could be related to anything regarding my set up, I have my PC specs here: LINK

///

Thread can be locked, I've found out this is a Game-Wide problem. Whoopdidoodle~

New Thread of Fail

♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Locked thread | Locked by: Srikandi Reason: Poster request