Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Feb 2015 at 9:08 PM Last edited by MissChevus : 5th Mar 2015 at 2:10 AM.
Default The Independent Kids Challenge
Note: this is not my own challenge. It was originally posted on the sims 2 challenges forum by Mareika.
I had so much fun with it, so I thought I would modify it for sims 4.

Independent Kids Challenge
By Mareika

Setup
-Create a family in CAS. You should make one Adult, male or female. Give him/her any appearance and traits you want
and at least 1 Child, but you can make more. Give them random traits.
- Move the family to a lot, build a house and furnish it as you like. You are allowed to cheat for money. When you are done, reduce the family funds to 500 Simoleons.
- Make sure to build an attic room with everything the adult will need to live. I recommend adding a kitchen area, bathroom, a tv and couch, a computer, a skilling object like an easel, and of course, a bed.

Now you are ready to start. Have the parent walk up the stairs to the attic and delete the stairs after he/she
is up there. Your aim is to make all the kids live on their own, building their skills and getting as high grades at school as possible.
Try to complete the challenge without the kids being rescued by the socialworkinator.

Getting money and food:
The kids cannot earn money to pay bills by finding a job or cook normal food to eat. However, there are ways for the family without teens, elders or adults to survive. Here are some of them:
* sell drawings
* catch and sell fish
* sell collectibles like frogs, fossils, crystals, mysims figures, etc.

Getting food
* get quick meals from fridge
* make microwave foods
* steal grilled food from around the neighborhood.
* eat fruits that you can sometimes catch while fishing.
Sure these taste nasty, but they will keep your little simmies from starving.

Rules
- CC is allowed, as long as it has reasonable price and characteristics. No hacked objects or objects with special abilities!
- No cheating, except for fixing bugs. Cheating for money is allowed only when you are building and furnishing the house, but after that you must reduce money to 500 Simoleons.
- You are not allowed to sell any build or buy mode content you started with
- You cannot hire any service NPCs.
- You win if all the Children become Teenagers. Then the Parent can finally get out of the attic..
- You lose if all the kids are rescued.
- You can only control the parent to pay the bills using their smart phone.

Scoring
+1 for each skill point earned
+1 for every 5 Simoleons earned above the initial 500.
Note: if you end the challenge with less than 500 Simoleons, you don't have to substract points.
+20 for each A+ report card
+10 for each kid who grows up in a good mood.
+10 for each kid who just finishes the first part of their aspiration.
+25 for each kid who just finishes the second part of their aspiration.
+50 for each kid who complete his/her aspiration

-5 for each D report card
-10 for each kid who grows up in a bad mood
-30 for each kid rescued.
-30 for each kid who dies. (for those who have the kids can die of anything mod)

Bonus
Multiply your score by 2 if you started the challenge with 5 or more kids and no one of them were rescued.

Never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you.
Simblr
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 5th Mar 2015 at 12:43 AM
I like this idea! I might try it next time I go in game. :D
Field Researcher
#3 Old 5th Mar 2015 at 12:57 AM
Im gonna try this!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 5th Mar 2015 at 8:23 PM
annachibi & lop90804, I'm glad your giving the challenge a try. I always have fun with this one.

Here are my kids for the challenge.

The oldest child Audrey is kind of a tomboy and lives for collecting things. She's also
really artistic and loves to draw pictures.

Carlie is older than her twin brother Charlie by a couple of minutes and endlessly bosses
him around because of it. She's quite girly and loves music, socializing, and playing with
her brother's toys..

Charlie is the only boy and the youngest twin. He lives for the outdoors, whether it be
playing pirates at the neighborhood park or fishing at the lake by his house.

Never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you.
Simblr
Test Subject
#5 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 3:57 PM
Wow nice challenge!!!