Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Feb 2014 at 10:14 AM
Default Seam line on a dress
I'm trying to make a dress shorter (a mesh from the Store), however when I import the mesh back into TSRW, a seam line appears on the dress. At first I thought that it was because of the way I shortered the dress, so I tried different methods but whenever I import the mesh into there is this seam on the dress. It is very subtle in TSRW but it is much more visible in game.

Then I wondered if it wasn't the base mesh that had this issue, so I exported the mesh (as a .WSO file), directly used Auto-create morph and Auto-assign bones with the Meshing Toolkit, reimported it back into TSRW and the seam line was visible.

Does anyone know how to remove it?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 23rd Feb 2014 at 12:11 PM
To me, that looks like the specular doesn't match the multiplier - that it's shorter and that's why there's light bit which ends too soon.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Feb 2014 at 12:25 PM
Actually, on the picture the specular and multiplier are those from the store mesh, not from the mesh I chose when I started this project on TSRW.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#4 Old 23rd Feb 2014 at 12:43 PM
Do you mean the vertical line or the horizontal line with the skirt slightly lighter/shinier above it?

Did you try replacing the textures?

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Feb 2014 at 1:02 PM
I meant the horizontal line (the vertical line is part of the multiplier).
I tried to put a grey multiplier with no shade but I can still see the line.
Sockpuppet
#6 Old 23rd Feb 2014 at 4:12 PM
Have to agree with White, looks like the specular.
You can always upload so we can have a look
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 23rd Feb 2014 at 5:01 PM Last edited by Afterain : 1st Mar 2014 at 10:52 AM.
So here is my file (Edit - afBodyDecoDressBow.package), I have also included the original mesh from the Store, just in case.
Concerning the edited package, I have imported the textures and the high lod only using TSRW.

Thank you very much for looking into it and trying to help me.
Sockpuppet
#8 Old 24th Feb 2014 at 5:04 PM Last edited by BloomsBase : 25th Feb 2014 at 12:22 PM.
Somewere along the line something went wrong(is that how you say it?)
Changed castable channels to 4 and enabled patterns and i imported the normalmap.
Didn't fix the line.

Then i started over and loaded all in the af body swimsuit one piece, looks ok to me now.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 24th Feb 2014 at 6:09 PM
Alright! Thank you very much for helping me.
Sockpuppet
#10 Old 25th Feb 2014 at 12:21 PM
since this is a store outfit, you best delete any attachements