Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 6:00 PM
Sim Castaway Downloads?
:wave: Hello! :wave:

Please forgive me, I have only just joined this website, but this seems like a modthesims2 evironment instead of the mean and nasty sims2.com environment.

Alright, I got the sims castaway stories last night, and went to Wanmami Island. I created some sims and my first thought was "oh my gosh, sims are UGLY without custom content!!!" Then I saw the little cc sign. This made me happy and I turned the game off. I copied and extracted the sims 2 download folders into the sims castaways and turned the game back on.

Nothing worked.

I was tired for this was at 12:00 AM and I just decided to play Jessica (hehe Spaulding...) but now I am no longer tired and I need custom content.

So... I've read that some cc works with stories. Okay. So... how do I get it in? Because I doubt 6 folders full of stuff contains nothing that is compatible with castaways.:confused:

I don't even mind if I have to copy and paste skintones and eyes, but there isn't even a bodyshop.

Thank you for trying to help me!!!! :yippee:

Oh yeah, and... I'm not male... how do I change my profile?
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 6:25 PM
Hi, i would suggest not using as much cc as you did as castaway is a smaller game than ts2, you can get cc off the official sims 2 stories website
Alchemist
#3 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 6:37 PM
Bodyshop content like hair, skins, eyes and clothes do work in Castaway, I've used them just fine. You need to enable custom content though, like you do in the Sims, and yes don't use too much. Also, hacks are a no-no (although default replacements do work) and objects bork the story, I've heard.

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Alchemist
#4 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 7:25 PM
Listen to ghamina atreides because i dont actually have the game and was wrong :D
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 3:46 AM
Okay, I agree, the sims castaway seems much smaller then the sims 2, however in my add or remove programs, it says that it's 2,993 mb which is... *counts on fingers* *not enough fingers to count on* like, 80 mb more then the sims 2.

So if bodyshop items DO work then how do I get them in there? I always use the sims 2 robo maid and she hasn't helped me know any of that stuff.

And... darn! No hacks? No hacks?

Okay.... well thanks you guys!!

:wave:

EDIT: OH!!! You have to enable it... okay! I'll try that! :doh:
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 3:50 AM
You'll have to install custom content the manual way. That is, extract and stick in a Downloads folder (which you'll have to create).