Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Sep 2008 at 9:13 PM
Default Outhouses in the Native Tribe
Greetings,
Is there a reason I can't use the outhouses in the Native Tribe's area? I can go into them but my sim refuses to use them.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 21st Sep 2008 at 11:00 AM
The outhouses are almost always dirty (similar to the public toilets in TS2). If your sim is with high hygiene rate, he will refuse to use them. My sims always wave and yell, when I force them to use the outhouses.

In Story mode, you can send your sim to any house which has a toilet, or order him to swim. In Free Mode, take care that you have at least 2 bathrooms in each community lot.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Sep 2008 at 12:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gali
The outhouses are almost always dirty (similar to the public toilets in TS2). If your sim is with high hygiene rate, he will refuse to use them. My sims always wave and yell, when I force them to use the outhouses.

In Story mode, you can send your sim to any house which has a toilet, or order him to swim. In Free Mode, take care that you have at least 2 bathrooms in each community lot.

Ok... in TS2, you could 'force' a Sim to use a public toilet if the Sim really needed to.. I guess you can't (at least in story mode?) on Castaways?
Field Researcher
#4 Old 21st Sep 2008 at 6:50 PM
I don't know - my sim never refused - only waved and complained. May be if there is an option in the game panel to turn free will off, it may succeed.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Sep 2008 at 7:05 PM
Interesting... in Castaways mine waves, complains, and refuses to use it... even if free will is off! Oh well
Field Researcher
#6 Old 22nd Sep 2008 at 4:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mattsh
Interesting... in Castaways mine waves, complains, and refuses to use it... even if free will is off! Oh well

Seems, that your sims are more intelligent and independent than my sims...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 22nd Sep 2008 at 5:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gali
Seems, that your sims are more intelligent and independent than my sims...

I guess so... I really wish I could see what the thought bubble was saying, but I can't because of the bamboo of the hut.

It's just a little annoying when there is no other place to go, so I have to send the sim to another lot.

I wonder if it has anything to do with their personality.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 23rd Sep 2008 at 1:00 AM
I think that the connection is low, because even a sim with low hygiene points - waves. The reason is, that the outhouses are used by animals too (mostly orangutans).

In the castaway lot (the first one), was only one outhouse; after adopting the orangutan, I sent my sim there, and he waved like mad. So, I replaced it to a new one, and near the bananas I placed another one. The orangutan began to use the close-to-the-bananas outhouse, and my sim - the other one. The sim stopped to wave and complaint.

But you can't do it in the com lots, in Story mode.