Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jan 2024 at 12:33 AM
Default I Need Help To Open Wordpad/word With S3pe!!! Please, Help Me
Hello all!

I don't know what happened that I just can't select to open a .xml file in wordpad/notepad - from S3PE menu - to edit the .xml.
I've downloaded Notepad++ but it's too complicated for me.
I just want to change a value in a mod... only that.
I've tried in every way I could, read all configs of Notepad++, changed my PC configs to open wordpad/notepad in certain programs, but in S3PE the option to "open with" is blank.
Any help will be much appreciated.

p.s. please, don't judge me if I don't have the same knowledge as you do. I'm trying to learn but... I think I'm too old for that!

Be kind, be thankful, be nice. It doesn't cost money, at all; only kindness is needed.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 23rd Jan 2024 at 1:35 AM
I'm a little unsure what it might be that you're looking at, as S3PE doesn't have an Open With prompt- but here is a screenshot of what to look for.

Right click the _XML resource and the option for standard Notepad should by default already be the last entry in the menu.
And if you ever do get used to Notepad++, under Settings > External Programs is where you link it as the external text editor. Then that will be the program that opens when you pick Text Editor.
Screenshots

Scribe of tutorials. Oracle of questions at NRaas. Blog staller at thecardinalsims. Feel free to @ me for input on any TS3/TS4 modding questions.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Jan 2024 at 6:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CardinalSims
I'm a little unsure what it might be that you're looking at, as S3PE doesn't have an Open With prompt- but here is a screenshot of what to look for.

Right click the _XML resource and the option for standard Notepad should by default already be the last entry in the menu.
And if you ever do get used to Notepad++, under Settings > External Programs is where you link it as the external text editor. Then that will be the program that opens when you pick Text Editor.

@CardinaSims, good afternoon!
Thank you very much for your kindness!
I expressed myself wrong... When I was looking for answers about it, here in MTS, I found that very sad news about Cmar and Rebecah...so I forgot what I was supposed to ask.
When I wrote my ''ask'', I was crying...so... Old age make us act like that... Sorry!
Yes, that's exactly what is missing in my S3PE options: ''Notepad"(at the bottom-> it's blank).
Maybe my S3PE is some old version... @Knight kindly gave me a link to download it again. I'll download S3PE again and see if it's the issue.
And thank you for showing me what to do with Notepad++
Very kind of you! Thank you very much!

Be kind, be thankful, be nice. It doesn't cost money, at all; only kindness is needed.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 24th Jan 2024 at 1:41 PM
@CardinalSims - I've downloaded the S3PE again and the version I had was the issue.
Now everything is working fine and I could change some values of a mod.
Thank you very much for your help!
Have a nice day! 😘