Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 13th May 2013 at 9:41 AM
Personally I'd mostly like more building options. Being able to build rooms in foundations tall enough for it (think multilevel house on a hill with a door coming out of the 'foundation' part), building walls into hills with a cheat or something. Round walls, fences, and windows to go in those walls. All sorts of likely impossible things. lol You never know, though. I built basements using foundations and holes in the ground before they put them in game.

Also being able to stay on one level and turning on the level above with a cheat would be great for screen shots. I can kind of cheat, change current household and go into the house I want to screen shot but I also never see that wish happening. Just not realistically feasible.
Advertisement
Scholar
#52 Old 13th May 2013 at 9:44 AM
EA will disappoint us, but as long there are cc, mods and people that make them, I'll be just fine...
Test Subject
#53 Old 13th May 2013 at 7:31 PM
Perhaps allow Sims to use more memory? I keep getting that darn out of memory crash. Though I do blame my CC for that but I love my extended 9 gig CC. That is just my Mods folder.
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 15th May 2013 at 5:04 AM
I think one thing many forget is TS3 is supposed to be "Before" TS1 and TS2, so the sims are not supposed to look like the other sims do. The graphics shouldn't have been better either. TS3 went back in time and TS4 will come back up to TS2. I spent a lot of time talking to one of the TS4 guru's today. Although they can't say a lot about the game at this point, what was said is they are returning to their roots. TS3 was a prequel so we know they can't go any further back, or let's hope not. I think they will continue where they left off with TS2. I do know they are all over the place, just like us and they have accounts in various places online, just like we do. Maybe they are listening and maybe not, but whatever we get, if it's not what we want, we don't have to purchase it, period. They know this. In the message that was released they stated the game was being made for us because of us, the greatest fans in the world. But..... tomorrow the world could turn again as it does and they could throw us another curve ball. We will just have to see. Until then, I'll be letting TS3 collect dust and I'll continue to mod for and play TS2.
Test Subject
#55 Old 15th May 2013 at 2:48 PM
The only positive thing I see at the moment between going from Sims 3 to Sims 4 is that IF I decide to uninstall 3 I'll free up about 50-60 gig.
Field Researcher
#56 Old 16th May 2013 at 4:33 AM
What would make TS4 more interesting would be if we made our own custom content for TS4. It would be awesome if TS4 had a Body Shop program that works with it. It worked for TS2 and TS3, even though I play mostly TS2.
Test Subject
#57 Old 18th May 2013 at 1:18 PM
TS3 was a big dissapointment for me, I hope I'll like TS4 better, otherwise I'll just stick to TS2
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 18th May 2013 at 4:31 PM
One thing that I'm wondering about is the strain that TS4 will put on people's pc's. TS3, cc free can be rather hectic for a computer when expansions and stuff packs are included. Not everybody can afford the types of hardware it takes to make it that your game doesn't take 30mins to load a world. (I had that in the past) or it takes forever just to render/load a lot. (not sure of the terminology)

Then you have people that may be similar to me: all ep's and some stuff packs and enough CC to take up a small hard drive.
Sims requires a lot of space and graphics if you want things to run smoothly and not have to spend more time waiting for things to load than you actually play.

and one thing I hate about TS3...it doesn't just have blank worlds like in TS2. I miss that I tried the world editor program thinger...I gave up after a while. Just couldn't figure it out and couldn't be assed to spend the time to learn it all.
I'm a plug and play kinda girl.
Field Researcher
#59 Old 19th May 2013 at 8:18 AM
My dream Macbook Pro will have to wait. With all these games coming out (I WILL by GTA V), a new gaming computer is what I'll have to buy now. I just don't know which to buy.

I hope the Sims 4 will be "easy" on my computer. I would like to travel in-between worlds, like see the drive to the other worlds and junk, and have a connectivity between sims like Sims 2 did with Date Night. There, you can see sims from all the other worlds...
Instructor
#60 Old 23rd May 2013 at 10:50 AM
It was like 5 minutes ago, my sister ran down the stairs screaming "Sims 3's been announced!"

Hopefully, this new game won't take 20-30 minutes to load, like my Sims 3 does...

Sims 2 kind of grabbed me the most, it has more stuff than sims 3! I can cope with loading screens and just on 1 lot in Sims 2, because it doesn't lag my game as much, and the fact of having to get a separate program just to make a neighbourhood, put me off even more.

I Just hope sims 4 has Sims 2 Good Parts and Sims 3 Good Parts, in order to make me buy it, well that's what i want anyway!

Good Luck Sims 4!

Formally known as TotallySimsCrazy. Still addicted to custom content.
Simblr
Test Subject
#61 Old 23rd May 2013 at 5:41 PM
Doesn't matter to me if they make a Sims 4 or not. I'm using my Sims2 base game, haven't gotten any expansions for it. 20K+ files/8Meg+ in my download folder for base game in CC, no plans on ever buying the Sims3 game (ugh ugly ppl!) and would take a TON of good changes in the game to have me even think of getting a Sims 4 version of it. Seriously, all it took was a good look at the faces in Sims3 for me to say "Never!" *gag* I'll just stick with my SIms2 TYVM!
Test Subject
#62 Old 23rd May 2013 at 7:55 PM
CC is the only thing that kept the game for so long, without that and our fantastic modders fixing their messes, the sims would have sunk in oblivion long ago.
Inventor
#63 Old 27th May 2013 at 2:24 AM Last edited by ranabluu : 27th May 2013 at 10:38 PM.
I am glad they announced it not that I really plan on buying 4 as I don't really like 3 but now the price of 3 will go down. I bought 5 games for 40 bucks two weeks ago at target. I still love and play TS2 it's probably the best. If TS1 had the ability to do what TS2 does TS1 would be the best I guess cause Will Wright's vision wasn't lost at the time now EA is all about making money so the games are not as well thought out and are crappy. Some of the stuff and expansion packs they sell us could be in a one game instead of a 20 dollar stuff pack. my two cents....

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up"!
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 1st Jun 2013 at 1:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dwarf1010
CC is the only thing that kept the game for so long, without that and our fantastic modders fixing their messes, the sims would have sunk in oblivion long ago.

I agree. It's very frustrating that EA just releases and releases without fixing stuff. It got so bad at one point I stopped playing. I've now been reading a lot of the top class modders won't be doing stuff for TS4. That alone is enough reason for me not to get TS4.

EA haven't even fixed a glitch that came with seasons, where people can't build second story without game crashing on save. (which of course I only discovered yesterday after building a second story on my house 3 times)
Test Subject
#65 Old 17th Jun 2013 at 5:46 PM
Default Sims 4
Can't wait for Sims 4, was bitterly disappointed with Sims 3 so I hope they take a more Sims 2 slant on it.

Very excited!! :P
Test Subject
#66 Old 17th Jun 2013 at 6:39 PM
I imagine TS4 to be a really heavy game that will most likely crash every non-brand new computer. For some reason I feel like EA are just getting lazy and money-hungry.

I'll most likely buy TS4 anyways just so I can criticize it.
Helptato
#67 Old 25th Jun 2013 at 5:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by XcrossX
If EA didn't alienate themselves from Valve, Sims 4 could utilize the Steam Workshop for mods.

Oh but that's just fantasy thinking there. Can you imagine?

I don't think they would do that. EA don't want to buddy with a company that makes a rival game launcher product.

Emma!

Simblr
[url=https://peanutbuttersandwich.dreamwidth.org/Dreamwidth[/url]
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 6th Aug 2013 at 6:06 PM
Default Nor I also!
Quote: Originally posted by Black_Barook!
At least I never bought any of the Sims 3 expansion packs...

I bought Sims 3 first game - I was disappointed with the lack of building materials, esp. walls, floors. I like to build - not so much into game play. I didn't like the fact they wanted my email, more selling on their part, and I felt they had disregarded the Sims community - those who create, that is. They didn't even have to pay for focus groups - all they had to do was look here or at any other Sims forums to see what people want and like.

I hope Sims 4 will have a clearer path for mods and custom creations. They have a great concept - if they would leave well enough alone and give us all the freedom to do what WE want to do.
And I hope they don't have as many glitches!
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 6th Aug 2013 at 6:19 PM
Default It's like they're stuck in the sixties
Quote: Originally posted by dwarf1010

If you're not in to shabby couches, (wornables), or ones that look like a pair of lips, or 'Atomic' furniture, or sixties stuff, you have to rely on the fantastic creations done by the Sims community. And forget about their rugs or pictures!
Test Subject
#70 Old 2nd Oct 2013 at 6:14 AM
I like the push/pull sliders, more fluid movements, more emotions, easier house building, more layered clothing. Will they have separate jewelry? Hope they have more pets including horses. For supernaturals, mermaids, werewolves more like Marvine's shape, than Maxis' zombie style. Too bad no adjustable height. Fix the hair, its a sad joke.
Mad Poster
#71 Old 2nd Oct 2013 at 2:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ursine
[...]Will they have separate jewelry? [...]

One of the (many) reports does say that they plan on keeping all jewelry seperate from outfits allowing you to mix and match as you please. They acknowledged that they could do this with TS3 but didn't really use it, especially with store items where necklaces are drawn on.
Lets see how long it is before they go back to just including them as part of the top/outfit anyway.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Test Subject
#72 Old 26th Nov 2013 at 9:51 AM
I can not wait!
Test Subject
#73 Old 31st Mar 2014 at 10:55 PM
Looking forward to it.
Page 3 of 3