Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Deviant Savant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Nov 2004 at 3:10 AM
Default Additional walls and floors unlocked
I couldn't find any other posts on this so I thought I'd toss the idea out there.

As a computer geek, I can never leave well enough alone. While I was checking out the scripts for floors and walls after reading about them on another site, I had an idea. Since these are merely text docs they seemed easy enough to mess around with.

I noticed that many textures for walls and floors were listed in notInCatalog and deprecated. I removed this comment from all the floors, walls and some of the road sections.

Sure enough, I have new items. There's no description or names for them like the other textures and some didn't work at all. Compared them side to side with hubby's game on another computer and I definitely have things he doesn't.

It does look like there will be a limit on the number of patterns you can have, much like in the previous version of the game. I know it's not much of a change but you do get a few more options.

"I guess I should warn you: If I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I said" - Alan Greenspan
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 3rd Nov 2004 at 5:51 PM
cool
Test Subject
#3 Old 3rd Nov 2004 at 7:03 PM
those files are pretty useful. i once modded one (walls.txt) to enable split level houses. this works well but needs two additional creations and some skill to make
I postet in the simlogical (Inge Jones' site, www.simlogical.com) forum how to make a game ready

it's in Forum->Sims 2 Downloads->Locking doors (i hope Inge will split that thread)
Forum Resident
#4 Old 12th Nov 2004 at 10:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CynicalChick
I couldn't find any other posts on this so I thought I'd toss the idea out there.

As a computer geek, I can never leave well enough alone. While I was checking out the scripts for floors and walls after reading about them on another site, I had an idea. Since these are merely text docs they seemed easy enough to mess around with.

I noticed that many textures for walls and floors were listed in notInCatalog and deprecated. I removed this comment from all the floors, walls and some of the road sections.

Sure enough, I have new items. There's no description or names for them like the other textures and some didn't work at all. Compared them side to side with hubby's game on another computer and I definitely have things he doesn't.

It does look like there will be a limit on the number of patterns you can have, much like in the previous version of the game. I know it's not much of a change but you do get a few more options.

Please: more info! Which file do I look into?
Forum Resident
#5 Old 12th Nov 2004 at 11:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mutantbunny
Quote: Originally posted by CynicalChick

Please: more info! Which file do I look into?

Never mind, thanks anyway...I found it.
Locked thread | Locked by: ThreadMover Reason: Outdated / No Replies