Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jan 2010 at 4:59 AM Last edited by Abel6669 : 26th Jan 2010 at 12:26 AM.
Default whats the lowest height a sim can walk under?
im making a walk bridge (arched) in my lot, but i need to know how high to make it. at the minute, at its peak its 16 clicks up, which is the height of a wall, can i go lower??

EDIT: thanks to moo for the correction
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 25th Jan 2010 at 4:59 PM
A normal wall is 16 clicks, not 12. As far as I know, a sim needs 16 clicks. Since no one else has answered, I'd suggest that you test this yourself to see whether they will walk under something lower. You don't need an arch to test, just put a couple of walls and some floor tiles and make them walk underneath, then adjust the height.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Jan 2010 at 12:26 AM
thanks for the correction. ive decided to use the bridge over water now, but i will still do some testing, for future reference
Site Helper
#4 Old 27th Jan 2010 at 3:47 PM
Please let us know what your testing reveals.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 1st Mar 2010 at 11:06 AM Last edited by niol : 1st Mar 2010 at 11:43 AM.
16 clicks interms of the terrain elevation tool or 16 steps in terms of the modular stair or 3 in terms of 3D array instance 0x01 is the normal standard "height" necessary for sims access especially in TS2.

Besides, one can always build an extra upper/lower level as a lowered ceiling to cover up the standard ceiling for the sims access and the desired architectural needs.
Locked thread | Locked by: ThreadMover Reason: Outdated / No Replies