Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jan 2005 at 6:05 PM Last edited by ralphaelninja : 20th Jan 2005 at 12:12 AM.
Default 45 Degree Objects

With the recent upload of "The Facility" and "The Pathup" found on my Simpage (SimMasterRalph), both containing a handful of 45 degree objects, the question has been asked repeatedly, "how?"

For some strange reason Wintermuteai1 has been very quiet about this unique part of his hack. You can find his hack here: http://www.modthesims2.com/forum_viewtopic.php?22.13339

It is the second package 3726_wintermuteai1newdealio.rar/zip that you want (not the first one).

Now this hack has to be used in live mode (requiring a live in sim), but after you are done, you can kill the sim (to retain the rotated objects), delete the hack, package it and the lot will still be hack free.

Edit:
Suggested by Inge Jones, a method of clearing out the sims from a house without losing the furniture is to use the Teleporter Shrub Plus http://forums.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=38276 to summon and move in the sim to a temporary lot. A small caveat is when you re-enter your theorectical empty lot (the neighborhood screen only allows build mode), you will still find your sim still living and breathing. Use the moveobject on to delete your sim and save. This completely removes the sim.
End Edit

Here are some pics of the hack:

Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 14th Jan 2005 at 7:18 PM
ah, I downloaded that a long time ago. i was told that in buy mode, you had to move the item through the bamboo thing itself and it would change angle. -_-;;

This is very helpful. ^.^
Field Researcher
#3 Old 14th Jan 2005 at 7:27 PM
I agree, this is helpful...I had a hard time figuring out how to use the feature.

Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 14th Jan 2005 at 7:36 PM
I have wanted this since day 1 of TS 1. I luv it. It is the biggest advance in home design since the invent of FIRE! :wow:
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#5 Old 14th Jan 2005 at 8:04 PM
I've always wondered how to angle my furniture. But FYI, Winter hasn't been visiting the forums lately. I read a message that he is no longer interested in the game. I think he has stopped by once more since then, but lately, he's either lurking (come back!) or just not visiting anymore.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 14th Jan 2005 at 8:09 PM
This truly is a great object...I've had it for a while and I lurve it. The only problem is that when putting objects larger than 1 tile at a 45 degree angle, only 1 tile because available to pick up so a Sim will actually walk through the object! Anyway...Winter NEEDS to come back. But...if you havn't DLed this object...I highly suggest you do.

-Sesmo
#7 Old 15th Jan 2005 at 5:32 PM
I adore your house The Pathup but it kind of made me giggle and I thought I'd share what happened. Komei Tellerman the infamous trash can kicker walked right through the front gate and up to the kitchen and kicked over my trash can and then just went on his merry little way
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 15th Jan 2005 at 9:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Greenlea83
I adore your house The Pathup but it kind of made me giggle and I thought I'd share what happened. Komei Tellerman the infamous trash can kicker walked right through the front gate and up to the kitchen and kicked over my trash can and then just went on his merry little way

roflmao
Test Subject
#9 Old 17th Jan 2005 at 3:17 AM
I killed komie off really earily in the game
#10 Old 17th Jan 2005 at 5:37 AM
I've got him living with his girlfriend Nina Caliente I just thought it was hilarious when he done that. I was like what in heck is he doing just walking up in my house like that lol
#11 Old 18th Jan 2005 at 11:10 PM
Komei. Must. Die!!!!!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 20th Jan 2005 at 12:14 AM
Suggested by Inge Jones on using his Teleporter Shrub plus to remove the live-in sim, the above first post has been edited on the procedure.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 17th Feb 2005 at 11:37 PM
Oh, thank you so much. Off to decorate...
#14 Old 1st Mar 2005 at 10:47 PM
is there a way to not have to kill you sim to make the lot hack free?
Slacker of Immense Slackness
retired moderator
#15 Old 2nd Mar 2005 at 5:22 PM
My god darko774 did you READ the thread? Half of it if not more is devoted to the answer to that question :P

<:3))~~ Loverat
"In some cultures what I do is considered normal"

www.loverat.net Check it out for other recolours & lot uploads =D
#16 Old 2nd Mar 2005 at 10:44 PM
I asked if there was any other way to get rid of the hack without killing a sim, i have never used it before and i dont like killing my sims just for diagonal objects. You didnt have to have to be rude about it.
#17 Old 2nd Mar 2005 at 10:54 PM
University has a cheat to enable 45 degree rotation!
Test Subject
#18 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 5:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TotallyUnzipped
University has a cheat to enable 45 degree rotation!

Yeah. The million dollar question: what is it?
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 5:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Wes Janson
Yeah. The million dollar question: what is it?

Its in the readme file that came with the game.

boolProp allow45DegreeAngleOfRotation true/false
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 5:57 AM
Thank You Thank You Thank You!

Silk stockings, What bliss they recall,
When love promised all, Forever more . . .
Cole Porter - 1954
Slacker of Immense Slackness
retired moderator
#21 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 6:02 AM
Errr if you HAD read it you would have seen reference to using the Teleport Shrub - that has nothing to do with killing Sims. THAT is what I am referring to so if being rude means pointing out you obviously hadn't read the thread then so be it.

<:3))~~ Loverat
"In some cultures what I do is considered normal"

www.loverat.net Check it out for other recolours & lot uploads =D
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 3rd Mar 2005 at 9:33 AM
Since the topic of 45 degree angles is now addressed in the EP and all info for placing 45 degree angle objects is discuseed in EP building thread, this thread will now be closed.
Locked thread