Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#51 Old 6th Jun 2014 at 5:18 PM
Quote:
lol, there is nothing i need to get over. I mesh from scratch without the use of nifty proggy's and i am very proud of it. Good luck with your future project.

Why using the advantages of next gen simulations and new 3d tools if one can spend 3 hours working with ancient techniques producing angular low poly meshes nobody wants to see these days. Definetly worth it.
Actually I don't wanna argue, I was just shocked because blaming a person to be a thief is quiet nasty.

Enough off topic, back to the topic. I finally got the mesh with good looking morphs in tsrw, but I have again another issues woahh. I already checked the UVs, the texture and the alpha, everything looks perfect in C4D (applied ofc) but in TSRW I get this ugly seams. Whyy? I ever oversized the texture, I don't get it... Any ideas how to get rid of them? Huge thanks

♘ visit my tumblr here
Advertisement
Sockpuppet
#52 Old 8th Jun 2014 at 3:25 AM
I never accused you of anything, just didn't see anything from your hand(obvious you see that diffrent)
Think i best keep my mouth shut and will ask if this thread can be closed before we do get nasty lol :P
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#53 Old 8th Jun 2014 at 9:07 AM
No I need this thread. I still don't get what you mean by 'not by our hand' okay because obviously I made all these meshes. I don't care, I'm here to get help that's all.
Maybe another example :'((

I made a very verryyy low poly lingerie thing.

Made the morphs with the wonderful toolkit, took a look on them in milkshape and everything looked fine (rather okay)

Made the textures (diffuse here):

I imported the WSO file, moved sliders like crazy and thought okay now I've only to import the textures and stuff... But after importing the diff_ ... I was totally shocked

It seems like I'm the only one with this issue. It's this seam issue again ... oh no

♘ visit my tumblr here
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 11th Jun 2014 at 8:03 PM
I'm not a expert but when you apply the texture in milkshape with a swimsuit body as refference inside, do you get the same seams? Or this happens only in workshop? I have similar issues with morphs and then I have to move the vertices manually to fit the body, most of the times the problem is with fat and fit morphs. You seem to be experienced with 3d meshing so sorry if this is a obvious reply to you, but just in case...

lavoieri.tumblr.com :)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#55 Old 14th Jun 2014 at 11:04 AM Last edited by trap lorde : 14th Jun 2014 at 11:43 AM.
Oh thank you I always try the same eheee
Seems like this mesh isn't correctly weld together but however all vertices are connected:'( I still get morphing issues even thou I have the correct poly counts. For example I made pasties again. With the nude base top I have all in all 4568 polys only. And yea after assigning bones and adding morphs with the toolkit:

Oh no.

Okay I remade the fat morph by hand now and replaced to group_fat with my new group_fat. But now I can't import my wso into TSRW because of 'wrong vertex count'?? How do I replace the fat morph with my new one? Or can one try to make the mrophs with the other CAS tool? I always fail using it...
Attached files:
File Type: zip  [trap_lorde] WSO pasties.zip (812.4 KB, 14 downloads) - View custom content

♘ visit my tumblr here
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#56 Old 15th Jun 2014 at 2:21 PM
Have you tried just editing the fat mesh?

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#57 Old 22nd Jun 2014 at 2:52 PM
Yes I have. By hand. And now I can't import it into TSRW... Even thou the fat nude mesh has the same vertice count (I haven't touched anything there) and the pasties obj has the same vertices count as in all other groups... Nice...

Do you know btw how to create a glass shader in TSRW or soemthing like that? I meshed shoes and I want to create a glass version or something :'00

♘ visit my tumblr here
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#58 Old 22nd Jun 2014 at 4:23 PM
The fat mesh has completely different numbers of vertices and faces, and it's out of order - should come after the base mesh. Instead of (apparently) making a whole new fat mesh you should have modified the one Toolkit made for you. And there are only 4 bones for the mesh so you need to redo the bones.

I don't know how to change the shader in TSRW or if it's possible. You'd have to export the project as a package, extract the mesh and change the shader with Delphy's GEOM editor tool, and replace it in the package. It's not really a good idea to use glass with shoes because it'll break the morphs.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Lab Assistant
#59 Old 23rd Jun 2014 at 1:49 AM Last edited by apocraphex : 23rd Jun 2014 at 8:05 AM.
Even after** making morphs and bones again here, I think is very difficult to fix the hearts moving the vertices manually. At least for me.

Is it possible to make a mesh with 2 groups, (the body and the hearts), then only move the hearts to fit (with a fat/fit/thin body as refference, then delete later)? I see this "type of morph" with necklaces, like the whole necklace is just moved to front, back, etc. This way there are no distortions. With only 1 group you can't move it separately. Is that possible?

And ps: this may help with the waist http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...7&goto=lastpost

lavoieri.tumblr.com :)
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#60 Old 23rd Jun 2014 at 8:15 AM
You're right, when using the auto morph tool it would be best to have the pasties as a separate mesh which can be morphed manually. It could stay as a separate meshgroup or could be grouped with the body after the morphs are done.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#61 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 10:57 AM Last edited by trap lorde : 29th Jun 2014 at 11:37 AM.
Okay thank you guys I need to try this out Thank you thank you thank youu. I fixed a lot of my stuff using the mesh reducing tool in milkshape ;P Even though I still need to fix these pasties. And yes I tried my hand on making sliders, read Cmars nice tutorial but yea I guess I messed something up. I exported the lod_0 from the facefiles zip by Cmar to an obj and edited the obj in another program. I reimported the obj, exported as simgeom and did all steps the tutorial told me. But everytime I tried to export the morph I got: incorrect vertex count and I checked the two files and they really (ofc) had different vertex counts. But How could this happen? I have only moved some vertices and did nothing special :'(( Can I trash this project into my bin or is there a way to fix it :0

Its a basic cheekbones slider I did for testing...

The MS3D file is in the attachement. If this helps you guys

EDIT: I found out that no matter what I do the imported sim geom file has 1114 vertices while the exported obj from the same geom file has always 1140 ??!! Why?
Attached files:
File Type: zip  [traplorde] cheek_bones_fail_Ms3D.zip (133.2 KB, 6 downloads) - View custom content

♘ visit my tumblr here
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#62 Old 30th Jun 2014 at 4:43 AM
Because geom format and obj format are very different in construction. In GEOMs the vertex includes position, normals, bones, UV, etc. In obj the positions, normals, and UV are all separate entities tied together by the faces. Conversion may not give you the same number of vertices because 'vertex' doesn't mean the same thing. Plus you'll lose the vertex numbering when you convert to obj so your morph won't work anyway.

If you follow the tutorial it should work. The tutorial does not include conversion to any other mesh format because the morph has to be an exact duplicate of the base except for positions and normals.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#63 Old 30th Jun 2014 at 10:20 AM
Uahhh... So there's no way around milkshape... caused by the fact that no other programs reads simgeom files. Nice. Thank you very much for the imformation anyways :0 So the creators of ts3 did all the default sliders in milkshape??! I can't believe it...

♘ visit my tumblr here
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#64 Old 1st Jul 2014 at 5:23 AM
I doubt very much EA uses Milkshape, lol. They probably have their own set of custom tools for meshing, or for converting the meshes after they use a professional meshing package. And Milkshape does not read simgeom files; modders wrote plugins for it. If you hate Milkshape so much, why don't you try Blender? There's geom plugins for it, although I'm not sure how well they work at this point.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#65 Old 1st Jul 2014 at 7:35 PM
rEALLY :00 So there is a working geom plugin out for blender? That would be heaven ahaa. Yes I feel very uncomfortable with milkshape, I feel like I'm using a 90s calculator upss. I gonna try it out and tell you what happend :-)

Edit: Cmar, do you know to bake out reflection maps? I made shoes and I already have them in game but I dont like the textures a lot (I made very basic ones for a quick test), I baked out the reflections woth different cameras but in game these 'banned' reflections look unreal and weird...

In C4D:

in game:

The textures look okay on photoshoots, but if you 'play' with the shoes in game and walk around, the banned reflections look ridiculous... No way to add 'glossyness' to them so the material would be really glossy and interact with different light sources in game? Or is this totally impossible (I think of your metal skins :P)

♘ visit my tumblr here
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#66 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 2:03 PM
Clothing doesn't have reflectivity settings like the skins do, although you could experiment with the settings in the mesh shader. The specular texture is the only way I know of to control reflectivity and I've never seen all that much of an effect from it, not the kind of metallic shine you want anyway. It would be nice to have the option of very shiny clothing.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#67 Old 8th Jul 2014 at 9:02 AM
Okay thank you very much I have these simgeom beta plugins for blender 1.63 now and Im very exitced :-) How can I chnage the setiings in the mesh shader? Its all grey inh the material box The specular files are kind of 'frozen' too, as you said they cant give me the shine I want to create. Do you think modding will be 'easier' for TS4? Or is it still the same engine and same game construction behind? Btw I fixed a lot of my stuff now, mostly because of youu guys. And I'm finally able to make a good looking low poly versions of my meshes YEAAAAA But even if I only have 4000 verts, morphing is very often strange :'0

♘ visit my tumblr here
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#68 Old 8th Jul 2014 at 2:30 PM
I use Delphy's SimGeom MTNF and TGI Editor to change the shader in GEOM meshes: http://modthesims.info/d/372169 A lot of the shaders won't allow the mesh to morph so you'll have to experiment and quite likely split the mesh into two parts: the ankle and wherever skin shows and the shoe itself.

WSO meshes have no shader info so you can't change them, unless there's some way in TSRW I don't know about.

It's anybody's guess about TS4 at this point although it looks like the fat/fit/thin morphs may be similar but there will be a more elaborate bone-based body slider system.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#69 Old 2nd Jan 2015 at 8:21 PM Last edited by trap lorde : 7th Feb 2015 at 1:21 AM.
EDIT: I MADE IT I just had to ru the model cleaner script over the meshes and now it's all fixed yay.

♘ visit my tumblr here
Page 3 of 3