Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th May 2005 at 1:49 PM
Default The future of the mesh
Hey y'all,
I've been having a play with Blender and the
afbodynaked_tslocator_gmdc.obj
file in Blender. Very interesting file, that. Basically, it's the core body mesh of the adult female. Here's what I found:
vertices: 1266
faces: 1930
...and this is what she looks like:

soooooo... I had a play, did some splitting and smoothing and enhancing and dreaming and:
vertices: 64210
faces: 123072
came up with this:

much improved, wouldn't you say? I did notice that not all vertices were actually connected. Wow, what a surprise! Has anyone else had the same sort of trial run with the enhanced model, or am I the only weirdo in the bunch? :banana:

Hope to have some meshes to upload to the group soon... of gals with all different sized boobs and bums and waists and even necks, so that you can use the bodies for the blokes, if'n ya wanna...
Cheers,
~*~Robyn

To dream it is the first step towards realization.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 28th May 2005 at 2:22 PM
Very nice. I've just one question that isn't really relevant. How do you make meshes? -_- I sound so stupid. Just, if you could tell me where to find out, that'd be swell. n.n
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th May 2005 at 2:35 PM
Default Meshes
A good place to start is getting your head around SimPE. There are some excellent tutorials on SimPE. That is where I started. Download a copy of Blender and have a play. None of this is easy... but if you stick with it, it can be very rewarding!

Believe me, I'm still learning how to do all this myself, and I'm finding it uphill work.
Cheers,
~*~Robyn

To dream it is the first step towards realization.