Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Nov 2018 at 1:21 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default How to stop Sim autonomy?
Right, how do I prevent nonactive Sims from cancelling the current interaction or starting any new one? I've been compiling a list of things I'd like to restrict Sims from doing autonomously, and have realized that what I really want is to have total and complete control over every Sim on a lot, active or not. Is this possible?

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 9th Nov 2018 at 11:29 PM
If it's for a video of photo shoot, you could just make a temporary household with all the Sims you want in the scene. Otherwise, and for forced behaviors like reacting to ghosts or Simbots, you will have to look into XML tuning or NRaas Retuner to change the autonomy of the actions you want to change.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Nov 2018 at 5:19 PM
Using mods it's possible to have up to 24 Sims in one household, correct? I might be able to make do with 24 Sims in one scene.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Test Subject
#4 Old 10th Nov 2018 at 7:31 PM
Yes, NRaas MasterController has an option to lift the household cap and PortraitPanel can display up to 24 Sim portraits. IIRC it should be possible to have even more Sims in a household but they won't get a portrait.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Nov 2018 at 8:06 PM
I've had issues with PortraitPanel, something about it causing an issue that made the game partially unplayable, so I think I'll try it without PortraitPanel then.

insert signature here
Mad Poster
#6 Old 10th Nov 2018 at 8:10 PM
There is no limit of 24. That's the maximum number of thumbnails that NRaas PortraitPanel allows for at one time, but a button should appear to be able to scroll onto the next batch if there are more than that in the household. There will likely be a breaking point on game performance lurking somewhere in there, though.

If you do not use PP, then you will only have at most 8 thumbnails and will have to spacebar tap to cycle through them. That is almost never a recipe for sanity.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 10th Nov 2018 at 10:40 PM
If I wanted sanity, I'd never have been in a situation where I routinely need several dozen Sims on screen for no reason other than eye candy.

insert signature here
Mad Poster
#8 Old 10th Nov 2018 at 11:04 PM
There are varying degrees and spectra of insanity each with their own impacts on one's ability to still function well. In my case, I found the need for space bar taps to get to the additional sims' portrait thumbnails pretty consistently tips the scales putting me over into the totally dysfunctional range and that's even with only 9 or 10 active sims. To each their own, of course.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 10th Nov 2018 at 11:46 PM
I have a mechanical keyboard; tapping the spacebar gets me going.

insert signature here
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10 Old 11th Nov 2018 at 1:56 AM
Okay, so what's the easiest way to quickly add several Sims to the active household, when the game already considers it full?

insert signature here
Mad Poster
#11 Old 11th Nov 2018 at 4:05 AM
Use MasterController.

NRaas > MC > Settings > Allow More than Eight > True (a requirement first)

Then on the household/lot menu,
NRaas > MC > Add Sim