Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th May 2005 at 3:17 PM
Default SelfCreated Object showing turned over and under the table
I created a new Object for the sims2 (my first Mesh), its a Teapot with 2 Glasses. But its alignment is wrong it is flipped from Bottom to Top and is placed under the surface where it is placed. So its hanging down from under a table.

I rotated the object by 180 degrees in MilkShape and converted it again, but with the same result.

Does anyone know whats wrong? Something with the normals or masspoint of the object? Or something else?

I am at least proud that it shows up in Sims2, wow thats a feeling, doing something creative, in my Computational studies there isnt often the chance to do so.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 25th May 2005 at 3:43 PM
In Milkshape create your mesh as you want to see it. When finished make sure nothing is hidden using 'EDIT/Unhide ALL' then select all your groups using 'Edit/Select All' Then go to Rotate about origin set x=0, y=0 z= -90 and click rotate then set x=0 y= -90 z= -90 and click rotate again. Finished export as wavefront obj and it should be the correct position for the game.
Thanks to Dr Pixel for that info. Have fun :howdy:
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th May 2005 at 4:41 PM
Wow thanks for the fast answer, will try that out instantly. Do you also know why one has to go over these steps? Just to know.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th May 2005 at 5:44 PM
Hmm that doesnt work either, now it is flipped to the side and divided by the surface it should be standing on.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th May 2005 at 11:55 AM
I managed the problem, I just turned it ábout 90 degrees and tested, then turned again and tested, and so on, until it was in the right place.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 26th May 2005 at 12:15 PM
Sorry I couldn't come back sooner the site was a bit on and off yesterday so I gave it a rest. Have you cracked it yet (not the teapot). When an object is extracted from the sims and imported into MilkShape it is with it's origonal xyz co-ordinates for in the game; just the way the game is coded for rendering of the 3d environment. Therefore when in Milkshape it is fliped round and lying on its back to make editing much easier Dr Pixel outlined a very good proceduer to follow to start editing the mesh. To save typing it out again have a look at post #12 on the link below. The whole tutorial is very good.

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=44751

I had the same problem when I started It's just a mater of getting your head arround the x y z 3d world. As you say it is just fantastic to see something you have done in the game however it looks. Keep trying you will get there there's lots of help here. Look forward to seeing a teapot :howdy:
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 26th May 2005 at 12:19 PM
Well done forget the last post you beat me to it! :-)