Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Mar 2019 at 4:17 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sim has no character file ( 0x007E5929 ) but not fixed yet
Hi, I got a one of "Sims has no character file" ( 0x007E5929 ) but not fixed yet.

When i go to HoodChecker and it says sim has no character file ( 0x007E5929 ) but i go to SimPE and deleted it with plugin, called " By Theo " and then relaunch HoodChecker and it said everything is ok but when i go to the game and it looks fine, no corruption or no problem at all but when i relaunch HoodChecker again but same code is still showing up and not fixed.

Here is screenshot.

So, I don't know what cause but i never deleted any sims or NPC or anything yet.

I would appreciate if you could help me

Thank you!
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 11th Mar 2019 at 5:18 PM
Do you have any custom NPCs in your game? Those would show up as missing character files in HoodChecker, but don't actually cause any problems.

Do you have any other neighborhoods? An easy way to tell if it's a sim or an NPC is if the same character is missing in all of your neighborhoods.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Mar 2019 at 6:44 PM Last edited by Alex5 : 11th Mar 2019 at 7:48 PM.
Thank you for replying.

I have take my CC out of downloads but corruption were not showing up in HoodChecker but sound like bad CC has cause problem.

Edit: it has been fixed cause bad CC has been out of my downloads.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 11th Mar 2019 at 9:07 PM
If the cc you removed included an NPC, though, you may have just corrupted your neighbourhood - I hope you haven't loaded it yet, or have a recent backup.

HoodChecker warnings like the one you had are normal if you have animated animals, or vehicles that move about the lot, or anything else that creates NPCs, even invisible NPCs. I use multi-PT and multi-plantsim mods, and have such a warning for each of those NPCs. However, removing the NPCs can lead to problems that develop over time, even if HoodChecker isn't currently showing corruption. I keep my mods that create such NPCs in a folder within Downloads titled DO_NOT_REMOVE, along with my non-default skintones and eyes, and a few essential mods.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Mar 2019 at 10:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by stitching
If the cc you removed included an NPC, though, you may have just corrupted your neighbourhood - I hope you haven't loaded it yet, or have a recent backup.

HoodChecker warnings like the one you had are normal if you have animated animals, or vehicles that move about the lot, or anything else that creates NPCs, even invisible NPCs. I use multi-PT and multi-plantsim mods, and have such a warning for each of those NPCs. However, removing the NPCs can lead to problems that develop over time, even if HoodChecker isn't currently showing corruption. I keep my mods that create such NPCs in a folder within Downloads titled DO_NOT_REMOVE, along with my non-default skintones and eyes, and a few essential mods.

No, it's not removed NPC but it was a mod, called Spectral Assistant Summoner and it has cause problem.

Here is link: https://modthesims.info/d/522139/sp...t-summoner.html

but when i take backup and before take CC out of downloads and there was no error, that's all

Yes, i have more essential mods and everything are fine.

Thank you again
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 11th Mar 2019 at 11:17 PM
@Alex5 No it's not fine, you just corrupted your hoods. Yes, it did remove an NPC, the one that came with the mod. The Magical Assistant NPC When you download a mod that includes an NPC you have to keep the NPC in your game at all times. They will read funny in Hood Checker, you ignore that. By pulling the NPC out it's like you deleted a sim. The best you can do is put her back into your game. This file hmiller61615_magical-assistant_NPC.package is the NPC.

Other NPC mods include Echo's clown, roller coaster, bumper cars, Beks animated animals, her tricycle and the surfing mod.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 12th Mar 2019 at 12:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
@Alex5 No it's not fine, you just corrupted your hoods. Yes, it did remove an NPC, the one that came with the mod. The Magical Assistant NPC When you download a mod that includes an NPC you have to keep the NPC in your game at all times. They will read funny in Hood Checker, you ignore that. By pulling the NPC out it's like you deleted a sim. The best you can do is put her back into your game. This file hmiller61615_magical-assistant_NPC.package is the NPC.

Other NPC mods include Echo's clown, roller coaster, bumper cars, Beks animated animals, her tricycle and the surfing mod.

You are right but i will not do again after this but i apologize for wrong way for my hood.

Thank you for your help.