Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jan 2019 at 4:57 PM Last edited by tictachoe : 30th Jan 2019 at 11:10 PM.
Where to download Homecrafter Plus (and a working copy of the Body Shop)?
I have TS2UC, and would like to download this program, but all of the pages on MTS that mention these programs are dead links which direct me to the now-defunct official TS2 Exchange. Any help?

ETA: I found Body Shop on my computer but it won't load in compatibility mode, clearing my game's cache, or running as an admin.
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 30th Jan 2019 at 7:44 PM
There's a link to the archive on the MTS site servers here:
Sims 2:Official Site Archivewiki
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Jan 2019 at 11:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
There's a link to the archive on the MTS site servers here:
Sims 2:Official Site Archivewiki

Thank you. Is there a page like that for body shop? I edited the OP to say that while it is on my computer it won't load.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 31st Jan 2019 at 9:30 AM
No, Bodyshop comes with the game. You just need to go into the Fun With Pets folder to find the bodyshop exe.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 31st Jan 2019 at 6:43 PM
You can find BodyShop from Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\CSBin
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 1st Feb 2019 at 9:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
No, Bodyshop comes with the game. You just need to go into the Fun With Pets folder to find the bodyshop exe.

Yes, I did, but unfortunately it refuses to open no matter what I do.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 1st Feb 2019 at 10:33 PM
Try without compability mode, or try different compatibility modes (Win 7, Vista, XP)

My Bodyshop (on Win7) runs at XP SP3, and the admin box is unticked. My game runs without compatibility mode but with admin on. Basically, whatever ends up working.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 11th Feb 2019 at 10:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Try without compability mode, or try different compatibility modes (Win 7, Vista, XP)

My Bodyshop (on Win7) runs at XP SP3, and the admin box is unticked. My game runs without compatibility mode but with admin on. Basically, whatever ends up working.

Trying to run it in XP helped, thank you.

I forgot how slow this things loads up

Edit: Spoke/Typed too soon. It's not coming up
Mad Poster
#9 Old 12th Feb 2019 at 9:28 AM
If Bodyshop refuses to load, try deleting the cache files (all 2-4 of them).

If you have a lot of downloads, and they're well organized, try to temporarily take out objects and other things you don't need for that run in Bodyshop. Then it's going to load much quicker.

(ps: If you're removing downloads when making new CAS items, always keep the last item you made in your game. Bodyshop uses the highest "Sortidx" number available (usually from the item made last) to sort the items in CAS/Bodshop, so if you remove items, the numbers will be reused, and the items will get mixed up. The number can be edited of course, but it's a hassle. If I intend to move out stuff I've made, I tend to mark the last made file with "lastfile" and keep it in SavedSims until I make something new)