Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 3915
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 5784 (Who?), Viewed: 351265 times.
Search this Thread
Old 2nd Mar 2019, 4:47 AM #5776
Emmett Brown
Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidergirl79
Strangerville

Did you notice that Strangerville creates a second kind of scientist in addition to the scientist career? My 10th level "scientists" wasn't a StrangerVille type of scientist

Sims are better than us.
Old 2nd Mar 2019, 5:03 PM #5777
spidergirl79
Top Secret Researcher

4 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmett Brown
Did you notice that Strangerville creates a second kind of scientist in addition to the scientist career? My 10th level "scientists" wasn't a StrangerVille type of scientist

Different labs, different employers, different fields of study. One studies mainly aliens/inventions/potions while the other... well, you know... at least thats my take.

Visit my sims 4 blog to see updates on my favorite sims: https://mysimcreationsblog.wordpress.com/ Visit my gallery for my latest houses: Spidergirl79 I love TS4 but I am not afraid to be critical of the way the game has been released/developed ect.
Old 3rd Mar 2019, 5:05 AM #5778
Dixieland
Field Researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmett Brown

So there's no continuity between two different game packs?

Perhaps the coders responsible are making minimum wage, which is a perfectly acceptable excuse to not put in maximum effort...right, Emmett?

A fool and his money are soon parted. ~ Thomas Tusser
Old 3rd Mar 2019, 4:15 PM #5779
Emmett Brown
Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixieland
So there's no continuity between two different game packs?

Perhaps the coders responsible are making minimum wage, which is a perfectly acceptable excuse to not put in maximum effort...right, Emmett?

I think the discussion would be more like employers <i>expect</i> maximum effort even tho they pay minimum wage, not that low effort was excused or justified by minimum wage. That's a whole 'nuther subject.
Perhaps with higher wages for managers, they'd get managers who would put more effort into reasonable expectations. But if the hypothesis that wages are inversely correlated to the expected effort, then that wouldn't be so.

Sims are better than us.
Old 4th Mar 2019, 11:25 PM #5780
spidergirl79
Top Secret Researcher

4 Achievements

Is not the botany career of Seasons yet *another* scientist career, again, specialized? They even wear lab coats!

If you use MCCC and you have your sims woohoo nekkid, make sure there are no babies or toddlers sleeping in the room at the time because THAT will cause your sims to react in shock (see what's happening). Every time. I've even had sims interrupt their activity to react, causing them to be unsatisfied.

Visit my sims 4 blog to see updates on my favorite sims: https://mysimcreationsblog.wordpress.com/ Visit my gallery for my latest houses: Spidergirl79 I love TS4 but I am not afraid to be critical of the way the game has been released/developed ect.
Old 10th Mar 2019, 4:22 PM #5781
eman72
Instructor

3 Achievements

I just recently got bowling and added lanes to my restaurant. The waitress would rather bowl then wait tables and she was the ownly one to bowl besides my sims :P

You only live once make the most of it..:)
Last edited by eman72 : 10th Mar 2019 at 8:25 PM.
Old 11th Mar 2019, 7:38 PM #5782
kewpie
Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman72
I just recently got bowling and added lanes to my restaurant. The waitress would rather bowl then wait tables and she was the ownly one to bowl besides my sims :P

To be fair, if I were a waitress at a bowling alley, I’d do the same..
Old 11th Mar 2019, 7:59 PM #5783
Mondenkind
Forum Resident

There is a trendsetter aspiration. Apparently, it's for the tutorial but my sim has just married a townie with it and I'm on gen 4
Old 12th Mar 2019, 2:36 AM #5784
ferckast
Test Subject

My sim's latest daughter just aged up to a Toddler as part of the 100 Baby Challenge. For this daughter, my dice roller decided that she would have the Fussy trait. The new Toddler immediately smashed her dollhouse, and then got the sad moodlet of "Smashed Dollhouse: Oh no, someone smashed the dollhouse." (Or something similar.) Naturally, with that moodlet, she starts crying.

I'm like..."You smashed the dollhouse, not someone else."
Old 12th Mar 2019, 2:41 PM #5785
kewpie
Scholar

The new floor that comes with Strangerville -- it's a tile floor that is 99% identical to a base game floor. It's just a SLIGHTLY darker shade. I don't care when they give us recolors of objects in the packs. I really don't. But this floor -- unless you put both tiles down right next to each other, you can't tell they are two different floors. Even when they are next to each other, its hard to tell if it's two different floor tiles or a trick of the lighting.

What did I learn? I'm a gullible goofus. Take my money, EA.

Section jump: