Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#126 Old 23rd Mar 2006 at 4:56 PM
Thanks Nora! I hope you try and please give me feedback if you do so I can tweak things as needed.

I will give a hint - how you layout the asylum and your choices of what to include and not include have a HUGE impact on the game. So think about freewill sim behaviour before building.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#127 Old 23rd Mar 2006 at 5:53 PM
My god! One bathroom is a disaster! My (appropriately random) neat freak sim spends all her time mopping up potty! LOL And I had to beg the grim reaper for 3 people lost in a fire...he accepted 2 pleas, but a total hunk that was going to be the next conquest died! Waah! Oh, well. Only one sim dead in 2 sim weeks, and I'm half-way to my lifetime want "Be Professional Party-Guest". I'm absurdly happy she didn't get have 20 simutanious loves or something. LOL

At my age, any thing I say is an old saying! - Lini
Field Researcher
#128 Old 23rd Mar 2006 at 6:14 PM
LOL. I was really lucky in one test I had 2 random neat freaks. They kept the place lovely.

With the bathroom - did you put the toilet and shower in different rooms? Because, and don't tell others, that makes all the difference in the world. :claw:

Sounds like its going really well for you except for the hunk death. Some others have had less or more luck depending on how you look at it - many deaths, a flu epidemic wiping out most of the inmates, almost constant fighting and a poorly designed bathroom causing people to get trapped in the bathroom.
Lab Assistant
#129 Old 23rd Mar 2006 at 6:46 PM
Well I like the idea of this, however there is one one thing I am not going to do: Random aspiration for main sim... Reason I'm in an asylum... So need somthing crazy... answer Grilled Cheese!!! It will be hard shoveling all that food down.

We can call the fireman right?

Go to www.iceows.com download the 1meg packet extractor, install. Now stop complaining about *.rar files!!!
Field Researcher
#130 Old 23rd Mar 2006 at 7:00 PM
LOL! I love the idea of the grilled cheese. I can see it now "Hello Doctor. I can prove I'm sane enough to leave this place by eating 200 grilled chesese sandwiches." What fun!

Yes you can call the fire department. Also, you can plead for their lives if they die.
Lab Assistant
#131 Old 23rd Mar 2006 at 9:10 PM
I callede the fire department like 50 times. Some of these morons cannot cook. I did get lucky, one of my sims randomly makes meals instead of single servings, and that has been helpful. Thanks for that bathroom tip! Am I allowed to put the toilet somwhere else, as long as I don't build a new room for it?

Field Researcher
#132 Old 23rd Mar 2006 at 9:46 PM
Sure, go ahead and move it.

And 50 times? Ouch. You can make meals also. That should cut down even more on the number of fires.
#133 Old 23rd Mar 2006 at 10:48 PM
Well this sounds FASCINATING!!!! I'm so tempted to enter!! Are we supposed to show pictures of our sims or the asylum or anything? And how behind am I if I do enter now?
Lab Assistant
#134 Old 23rd Mar 2006 at 10:56 PM
I think it's ongoing, like the poverty challenge. And it is fun. Scout, I make meals all the time, but there are 7 other idiots there.

Field Researcher
#135 Old 23rd Mar 2006 at 11:21 PM
carladam, it's not a contest so you can do it any time you want. It's a challenge like the Legacy Challenge or Poverty Challenge, only different.

I would love to see pics. If you do it, you could even write what happened and post in the story forum and then just post a link to that thread here.

brendabond, I know what you mean. I had one guy who insisted on using the kitchen sink to bath in even when the shower was available. Ugh.
#136 Old 24th Mar 2006 at 12:27 AM
Lol. This sounds so fun. When I have more time, I will try this. Brenda, you seem to be doing well. Yes, show us some pix please!!
#137 Old 24th Mar 2006 at 12:43 AM
http://www.sims2community.com/showt...1371#post351371

The start of my first attempt. I'm having fun. No fires so far, but it's only been a couple of days. My goal is to reach the top of the Science Career. Funny huh, become a Mad Scientist to prove I'm sane. Ha ha! I've gotten my first raise, so I'm getting closer I guess. I had one bathroom until I figured it was much easier to have the tub and toilet in different rooms. Are we allowed to build walls after starting? Hope so.... Also, I did use the money cheat to get myself started off. Then I erased all my other money, so the only money in the house is what I bring in.
Lab Assistant
#138 Old 24th Mar 2006 at 1:04 AM
I have pics of all the peeps too! LOL I suck at stories, though, so I'll leave the writing to Mandie! LOL I was just gonna post them and my score at the end.

#139 Old 24th Mar 2006 at 7:36 AM
Okay I have my sims up for this challenge...
They are located on this thread...
http://www.sims2community.com/showt...1620#post351620

I spent ALL day today doing this challenge - I'm 14 sim days into my challenge and still not even NEARLY close to getting my life time aspiration. Just to confirm we are able to turn off ageing aren't we? I'm thinking I might have to to be able to get there in time. Wouldn't want her to age!! ha ha ha
Have had no less than 1 fire every second day and have taken to inviting my fellow patients to join me when I'm watching the yummy channel. I mean honestly! Surely they could show a little initiative and pick up a book to study if they are so concerned about setting the kitchen on fire. One of my sims worries constantly about this and 2 others go into immediate aspiration falure as soon as the blaze is out - every time! You'd think by now they would be used to seeing their kitchen ablaze, but it seams to surprise them every time. I've taken to not calling the fire department and just having Becky Boots extinguish it, Its much quicker though the 1 bathroom thing causes some problems when they all "Need" a shower. I ended up moving the sink into the kitchen so at least they could use that if they felt desperate enough.
Lab Assistant
#140 Old 24th Mar 2006 at 4:56 PM
Becky puts fires out by herself? Now, that IS amazing. I have a sim who maxed out his creativity. He plays piano all the time, and the rest of the loonys stand around him and cheer for hours! LOL It's too funny. You'd think that the knowledge sim would enjoy playing the piano, but she's much more interested in talking to "Wilson" and going into total asperation failure every few days. She actually just died of asperation failure. That makes 2 dead inmates.

#141 Old 24th Mar 2006 at 6:48 PM
Such an interesting idea and I wish i was a person who could distance themselves enough to complete it.
#142 Old 24th Mar 2006 at 10:21 PM
Well my fav fellow - Jason, the one with the cat face, died but I was able to beg for his life. He fell asleep on the floor and when he woke up was simply too hungry and too depressed to go on. Poor fellow. So no dead ones yet. Which kinda sucks for Becky cause she's a knowledge sim and wants to see a ghost - Not in this lifetime baby from the way this is going! Who knows maybe someone will die eventually. Becky keeps them pretty well fed and cheered. She has a pretty good relationship with most of the patients - with the exception of Duncan - the pink gorilla guy - He truly is just a feral sim. He fights and farts and belches even when he hasn't eaten. He'll use the sink for a shower just for the fun of it. He's the cause of most of the fires cause he falls asleep while everyone else is watching the yummy channel. He sleeps on the couch and then complains incessantly when the tellie is too loud. I guess that's what happens when you give yourself a random sim....

Hey Brenda, You asked if we could use the insiminator to make our sims unselectable? How can I do that? I cant find that option on it?
Not that I have made the mistake of clicking on a sim that's meant to be unselectable, I just thought it might make their free will function a little better.
Lab Assistant
#143 Old 24th Mar 2006 at 10:58 PM
I'm still debating on trying this one out... if I do I'll have to start on Monday since I have 2 contest entries to get in today...

Umm Hi... Bored and looking for a fun place to hang out online? Try Becka's COOKIE FEST!
Lab Assistant
#144 Old 24th Mar 2006 at 11:32 PM
I couldn't do it either. Mandie! Which version of insim are you using?

EDIT! Oh, Blue, you know you want to! LOL You get to be as nice as possible to your one sim, and interact with all the inmates...My <romance> sim is haveing a great time. I can't wait till this is over, so I can delete all the unnessasary people, and live a happy life with her. LOL You'd love her, BTW, she's a Trill (from Star Trek!) and she's so much fun!

#145 Old 25th Mar 2006 at 12:05 AM
I have the SIM version. It makes it so much easier not to worry about them at all. I have now managed to kill off half of my houshold. It is still fun, but a little difficult. Of course, since my sim is a knowledge sim, she enjoys all the death and wants to either see theri ghosts, or resurrect them. That would be fun... a gay zombie who thinks he's a gorilla....hmmm
Lab Assistant
#146 Old 25th Mar 2006 at 1:08 AM
LOL too bad, I don't think we're allowed to use asp rewards! LOL

#147 Old 25th Mar 2006 at 4:16 AM
Just started mine and it's going absolutely mad... my knight guy promptly painted until he wet himself, but the shower was occupied because one of the neat freaks was scrubbing it, so he shooed another sim out of the kitchen to take a sponge bath from the sink. Of course, the shooed sim had something in the oven, so the oven goes up in flames, everyone runs in, hygiene drops like mad and at least two sims go into aspirational failure. This is hilarious.
Field Researcher
#148 Old 25th Mar 2006 at 4:22 AM
Mandie, you really aren't suppossed to build walls after starting but its not a big deal honestly. I did alter the rules to allow for a money cheat start to allow a bit more flexibility. I had considered including resurrection. If only because it makes me giggle when I think about it. I didn't include it to be as fair as possible to those without the necessary ep. But I'm a firm believer in playing however you enjoy the most and ignoring rules.

carladam, I like that you thought of inviting them to join you to watch the yummy channel. Very smart.

brendabond, 2 dead so far? Not too bad. I can't wait to see your pics. I'm not a good writer either so I don't know if I'll post a story ever either.

Zadie, I'm glad you're enjoying it. I know its not for everyone. But I for one enjoy watching their complete mental breakdowns.
Lab Assistant
#149 Old 25th Mar 2006 at 5:06 AM
Default !
Can we just share pictures here? I wasn't going to write the story, just share some experiences, and let you guy meet my crazy roommates. Just let me know, and I'll delete the post, or move it.

Here's my sim Sarah.

This is Cassie. She's alien, just like me! But, she can't seem to adjust to Earth!

This is Don...Don Cassanova. He dresses funny, but he's very sweet.

And from Left to right, the mermaid is Ocean, the guy in the middle is Ric (he think's he's in the Yakuza) and the cowboy is Dean. Dean is ok, but Ocean rocks my boat, if you know what I mean..

And this guy is Lee. Oh, I like him, but we don't get along...he's kinda depressed.

Glory is soooo hot! She is just forever spaced out. She's always forgetting that she was cooking...she has started the most fires!

Ocean, who's your friend?

Yes! I'm not dead!

Lee died in a fire...maybe that's why he haunts our hottub.

Lab Assistant
#150 Old 25th Mar 2006 at 7:46 AM
Ugh. I think I may start over. I gleefully killed all my inmates after I resurrected Lee, and wrote down thier asperation points. I didn't get thier skill levels! And I know for a fact that Don, at least, maxed his creativity. And many others had gotten pretty decent cooking skills. Ugh. Anyway, my score with out any skill points was a whopping 139 points! LOL

Page 6 of 36