Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jan 2019 at 8:30 PM
Default locomotion (walk style)
Is there any information out there on what it takes to make a new locomotion or has anyone ever created a locomotion that I could download and look at? Last weekend, I tried making some animations and using them in place of the levitation animations, but the game skips past the custom animations. My animations work perfectly as poses, but not as part of a walk style (I did try setting it as a step in Animesh). I read the Sims2Differences article and all the threads on locomotion here, but it doesn't look like any of the people who were curious about the subject ever completed on their projects.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 28th Jan 2019 at 9:04 PM
Are you animating the walkstyle in a forward motion, as opposed to having the sim in the same spot? Animating the sim forward would work for an animation, but may not work for a walkstyle. For it to work as a walkstyle, I think you may have to animate the sim at the XYZ 0 spot, because otherwise the sim may not move around properly.

As for how to implement it as a new walkstyle into the game, I have no idea...
Alchemist
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Jan 2019 at 9:58 PM
Yes, I kept them in the same spot.
Instructor
#4 Old 29th Jan 2019 at 9:20 PM
Have you tried the "Walkstyle and facial animation changer" from shaklin? http://web.archive.org/web/20060503...ewcat.php?cid=1

it's also available for download at sims2cri site if that link doesn't work.

Just getting any in-depth documentation on how to use it might be difficult.

We have been stuck too long with "New Mesh" as the apex of creation.
_ WesHowe
Alchemist
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Jan 2019 at 1:50 AM
I haven't been able to find a working link to that yet, but I also assumed that was like the Sim Locomotor, available here, that lets you choose between in game walk styles, and wasn't a case of shaklin making her (?) own locomotion.
Instructor
#6 Old 30th Jan 2019 at 2:27 PM
Yeah, that makes sense; just sounded promising. Here's a link, if you trust the graveyard: https://archive.tehsims.com/files/g...rd/ts2/shaklin/

We have been stuck too long with "New Mesh" as the apex of creation.
_ WesHowe
Alchemist
Original Poster
#7 Old 30th Jan 2019 at 9:29 PM
Thanks. I'd been trying to find the new link to the graveyard.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#8 Old 7th Mar 2019 at 2:19 PM
I meant to mention this awhile ago, but locomotion animations need extra values in the header that don't seem to be added correctly when exporting from milkshape. To fix it, open Sims00 to find a similar locomotion to use as a guide (if you're making a step in place, choose a step in place, if you're making something for an adult female, find an adult female locomotion). Go to the raw view tab, then header, and using this and the guide animation, fill in and fix the values under HeaderBytes and HeaderFloats.