Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#76 Old 4th Nov 2007 at 8:00 PM
Yep. I was confused with the Norah/Carla bit too. Especially when he says she filled the gap where Carla once was...had to read it over a few times....and where is Jess in this picture?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#77 Old 4th Nov 2007 at 8:36 PM
aha oh no!! that was a typo, he meets Carla, not Norah. Norah died >_<
thank you all for the positive comments =)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#78 Old 5th Nov 2007 at 9:18 PM
Default Chapter 20 - Proposal
It was tense, lonely, awkward private jet flight and a time difference that found Carla McGraw and Sergio DeLorenzo standing in their beach front mansion.

I'm sorry, Carla sighed, I didn't expect Stephan to be there.

Si, I know, I do not mind, Sergio took her hands, a pause, do you love that man?

No! she exclaimed, of course not! I was just...surprised to see him, thats all

Sergio nodded, I love you, Carla, you know that?

Carla laughed, of course! I love you too, you're wonderful.

Sergio's face became serious. Knelt down.

I have had a question on my mind for some time...Carla McGraw...would you...do me the honor of becoming my wife?

Carla gasped. Shocked. Scared. Didn't expect that. Smiled. Jumped into his open arms.

Yes! Yesyesyes!

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#79 Old 5th Nov 2007 at 9:33 PM
Default Chapter 21 - Overdose
It was three in the morning when Jess and I rolled home in a taxi. Alcohol had slurred my voice, my reflexes, so when I saw the red and blue lights, it took me a moment to comprehend. An ambulance was parked, doors open, on the lawn. Yvette, a dressing gown wrapped around her, was shaking, head in her hands. A man stood beside her, smoking, rubbing her back. Four men. Two stretchers that held body bags. Policemen writing in notebooks. I stumbled over.

What's going on, officer? I asked, dizzy

This your residence, sir? I looked at the constable quizzically, he scoffed, Course it is, could tell by the whisky on your breath. Seems your son and his girlfriend wanted to experiment with heroin, sir.

The world was doing somersaults, Heroin??

'Fraid so, sounded anything but sympathetic, died of overdose approximately half an hour ago. Your daughter and her boyfriend over there found them in a tent up the back of this property...

Yvette? Boyfriend? Heroin? I steadied myself on the wall.

If you don't mind sir, i'm going to have to ask you some questions? Constable looked at me, I nodded

All the questions had the same answer. James was dead. I couldn't get my head around it.

#80 Old 5th Nov 2007 at 9:47 PM
Awwwww....how sad.
#81 Old 5th Nov 2007 at 9:47 PM
What?! James dead?? That wasn't suppose to happen.
I hope he and Yvette will be ok. :hmm:
Great update!!
Mad Poster
#82 Old 5th Nov 2007 at 11:19 PM
Noo! James! That's so sad. I hope Stephan will be okay...-sniff-
Apart from, you know, the depressing-ness of James dying, great update!
Inventor
#83 Old 5th Nov 2007 at 11:54 PM
Noooo, you ebil writer, attacking the kids! Just kidding! Really though, that's terrible... but it kind of was his own fault. I don't know what possesses some people to experiment with drugs.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#84 Old 6th Nov 2007 at 12:24 AM
Default Chapter 22 - Upswing
News of Carla and Sergio DeLorenzo's pregnancy splashed over fashion and gossip magazines around the country. It startled me to see Carla in the news stands, on the glossy pages. To know I had held her. It was somewhat unnerving. Found myself avoiding the television, the newsagents.

Yvette stared at the walls, the floor, her hands, her untouched dinner. Eyes sad, face lifeless. Cut off all her hair, started wearing black. Harry stopped calling for weeks. I wanted to help her, but what can a father do? I told her not to go to school, but she wanted to. I told her to grieve any way she wanted. I'm sure she did, but it was like having a ghoul in the house, floating from room to room. Silent.

Harry turned up at the door at nine one Friday. Yvette, not showered in days, didn't seem startled. Followed him out onto the porch.

You can't just sit here and die, Yetty, he snapped, just because James isn't here doesn't mean your life's over. I lost my sister too, in case you forgot. I understand! I really do! Please talk to me.

He pleaded, took her hands.

A moment later, Dad! I'll be back later, ok?

I smiled. Relief.

Harry turned out to be just what she needed, and not half the bad influence i suspected him to be.

Life began to swing upwards, and I married Jess in spring. She was promoted to editor and I became the manager of the IGA. Yvette applied for college. We planted flowers on James' grave every day.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#85 Old 6th Nov 2007 at 12:32 AM
Default Epilouge
I was awarded a scholarship to Academe Le Tour. I'm thinking of doing Fashion Journalism when i finish. Apparently it runs in the family (mostly by marriage, but still).

I work hard, send samples to magazines, and work to fund my shopping addiction. Harry bought a place of his own, and I stay with him on weekends. We're hoping to get married when i finish college, but who knows!

Dad and Jess are discussing having kids, even though dad doesn't want any. He'd hate to make Jess miss out. They're still living in Tillper St, tending to the ever expanding garden. Jess says it's a good hobby. Dad still prefers cricket.

I miss James every day, but I try and do my best for him. I want him to be proud of me.

I tried to write to Carla once, but she never replied. I guess I expected that.

But all in all, i'd have to say life's pretty good.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#86 Old 6th Nov 2007 at 12:35 AM
So...yes! That is the end. It was only ment to be a short story. Hope you all liked it, and thank you SO much to everyone who commented every time =)
#87 Old 6th Nov 2007 at 12:46 AM
Aww it's over?! :jaw: NOOOOO! *Sigh* Oh well. It was a really great short story!! I enjoyed it a lot! I hope you write more in the future! :D
Forum Resident
#88 Old 6th Nov 2007 at 2:22 AM
Aww! It was such a very nice story <3 I wish it had lasted longer, but maybe it lasted just long enough, I hope to see you do more :D

I'm an old simmer who just can't seem to quit...
Inventor
#89 Old 6th Nov 2007 at 2:40 AM
Wait, wha--that's the end?! Gosh darn it! I want to see all the little babies he and Jess have! But it was great while it lasted! I can't wait to see what other stories you might do! ^_^
By the way, if you need any ideas, I bet you'd get a kick out of the poverty challenge. It's here on S2C. You don't have to actually do the challenge, but I think it would be good inspiration. I think it kinda fits your style. But I could be wrong. ^_~
Lab Assistant
#90 Old 6th Nov 2007 at 3:17 AM
That was unexpected! I was enjoying this story. But hey, at least it had an ending unlike so many other stories out there. And it's always the stories i like that get left so congratulations. It may have ended sooner than i had hoped but all in all i loved reading it . Hope to see another story from you soon
Test Subject
#91 Old 6th Nov 2007 at 4:20 AM
I just started reading today and i myself enjoyed the story. Great job tixi!!
Test Subject
#92 Old 6th Nov 2007 at 4:36 PM
I can't believe it's over already! =( I was so sad about what happened to James but I'm glad that it was an overall happy ending. I'll be waiting patiently for any future stories! Great job! =)
Instructor
#93 Old 6th Nov 2007 at 6:42 PM
Excellent job with this story! Your writing style is great and you're never predictable, which keeps your stories interesting. I followed your Sushi Geek story too, so when I saw this one I had to read it, and I'll be keeping an eye out for future stories as well. Keep up the good work!
Top Secret Researcher
#94 Old 7th Nov 2007 at 12:52 AM
Awww. I was sad that this ending but it had this clipped writing that, while interesting, probably wouldn't ahve fit with a logner story. So sad that it ended, glad that it didn't go downhill. And since I can't do my usual ending comment, a very happy simsing to you and write something else!

The humor of a story on the internet is in direct inverse proportion to how accurate the reporting is.
Lab Assistant
#95 Old 7th Nov 2007 at 2:00 AM
Great story
I would love to write a short story...lol...
I look forward to others from you
Mad Poster
#96 Old 7th Nov 2007 at 7:38 AM
Oh...It's...over? Waaah! I wanted it to go on...
Well it was really good, and I liked the ending. I hope that you decide to write many, many more stories though, Tixi...they're so good!
Page 4 of 4