Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Feb 2019 at 1:28 AM
Default How do you make a mesh for "alpha" hair?
I have found plenty of tutorials for doing retextures and editing together "maxis match" hair styles, but I can't seem to find any tutorials for making an alpha hair mesh from scratch. To be extra clear, I do not want to edit someone else's work, I want to make some brand new hair. How might I go about it?

I'm already familiar with making shapes in blender and I know that alpha hair is usually made up of "ribbons" rather than a sculpture of hair (sorry that I don't know any terms) but I don't know any of the technical steps. Do I have to build the hair on a model? If so, how do I get the model? How do I put it in? What do I do when I finish the mesh? Can I use blender or do I have to get milkshape? I'm sure you get the idea.
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 22nd Feb 2019 at 2:52 PM
Have you seen this tutorial? http://sims4studio.com/thread/11348...ic-hair-scratch

I think you can use Sims 4 Studio to clone a similar hairstyle, export it to Blender, delete the hair meshes and keep the model. (I don't use S4S so I could be wrong.) The tut uses 3DS Max and Milkshape but I think you could do everything in Blender.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4