Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#176 Old 30th Dec 2018 at 7:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Laurcleve
Is this a dumb question? I really want to get the Hospital stuff back and also the Skiing mod, but when I try to download from the list at the beginning of this thread, it only gives me options to Open With Notepad, Internet Explorer, etc. Usually it says WinRAR or WinZip, and I know what to do there, but not this time. Am I doing something wrong? Are they different kinds of files?

Having a look to the files, they're packages, which means they can go directly into your download folder.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#177 Old 31st Dec 2018 at 3:15 AM
It also means that they won't open with a list of files to drag and drop. If someone saves as a package rather than zipping it or raring it, it tends to open in SimPE for me and I have to save as to save it where I want.
Field Researcher
#178 Old 31st Dec 2018 at 7:49 AM
Okay, well, I dragged and dropped them into my "ChrisHatchHospitalStuff" folder, in my Downloads folder, but I haven't checked to see if it worked yet. I don't have SimPE (my policy usually is, if I can't figure out what the hell it does or how to get it onto my computer I'm probably not with-it enough to use it anyways, lol, so SimPE is not for me.) But I have had the hospital stuff before and it worked great, so I'm hoping it works again. Yeah, it's a little off-putting when it doesn't tell you to unzip the file, or unrar it or whatever. I'm assuming all my previously-built hospitals will have to be re-done, since I completely freaked out and emptied my downloads folder about a week ago. Or maybe I can get away with just removing and replacing the ambulance, since that seems to be the object that identifies the lot as a hospital. First I'll check to see if any of that hospital stuff is in my game, and I'll go from there. Thanks for your replies, @Charity and @DrewInTheSky!
Test Subject
#179 Old 1st Jan 2019 at 1:55 AM
I don't know if this has been addressed or mentioned but the package files for the Joinable Bath are corrupted. They are unusable, so sayeth my game, lol. At the same time, maybe I'm doing this incorrectly? Halp
Mad Poster
#180 Old 1st Jan 2019 at 10:18 AM
Okay, well, I dragged and dropped them into my "ChrisHatchHospitalStuff" folder, in my Downloads folder, but I haven't checked to see if it worked yet. I don't have SimPE (my policy usually is, if I can't figure out what the hell it does or how to get it onto my computer I'm probably not with-it enough to use it anyways, lol, so SimPE is not for me.) But I have had the hospital stuff before and it worked great, so I'm hoping it works again. Yeah, it's a little off-putting when it doesn't tell you to unzip the file, or unrar it or whatever. I'm assuming all my previously-built hospitals will have to be re-done, since I completely freaked out and emptied my downloads folder about a week ago. Or maybe I can get away with just removing and replacing the ambulance, since that seems to be the object that identifies the lot as a hospital. First I'll check to see if any of that hospital stuff is in my game, and I'll go from there.

Found the info file for the hospitals. http://www.simfileshare.net/download/905236/
Field Researcher
#181 Old 1st Jan 2019 at 8:27 PM
Thanks for that Hospital info page, @Charity. Sadly, the drag-and-drop method didn't work. I don't have any of that Hospital stuff in my catalogue. (I'm not surprised; it just didn't feel right.) So I have no idea how to get those files into my Downloads folder. It's odd, lots of CC comes as a 'package' file, and I have no trouble installing it the usual way, through WinRar. I wonder why these ones won't let me do that.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#182 Old 1st Jan 2019 at 11:05 PM
I'm sorry that didn't work for you; I have no clue why. They are already unzipped so you don't need winrar. The text files are in odt format. That's Libre office. You should be able to open it with word.

As for the others, they really should just drop right in your downloads folder as they are.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#183 Old 2nd Jan 2019 at 3:02 AM
I checked the files. Unfortunately they haven't been rared or zipped up, so you can't use WinRAR. You will have to right click and save as every individual file instead.
Field Researcher
#184 Old 12th Jan 2019 at 5:10 AM
@Charity, I did as you suggested and it worked! Sorry for the delay in replying, but first I had to build the hospital to see if it would work, then my holidays ended and had to go back to work (ugh!) Anyways, everything is in my downloads folder now, although it took a lot of grunt labor to get it there. Thankyou for your last post, I wouldn't have known what to do without that! This helps me a ton, because there are other things out there where I've run into the same trouble and I've just said a teary goodbye to it and moved on. Thankyou!
@Smorbie, thankyou for putting this great collection up here for all of us! I feel we're kindred spirits, after reading one of your earlier posts on this thread where you said you were happy to give back to this very giving community by doing what you could. Well, I'll never be a mesher either. I do think I have the temperament for it ( I LIVE for fiddly work!) But my computer skills are . . . well, pretty poor. I know which buttons to hit, and as long as everything goes as planned I'm fine. If not, I'm finished. I don't have your skills; about all I can do is give extremely sincere and gushy thankyous to the people who do have the skills and DO do the work to create such great new stuff for our great game, for which I am very grateful. And you deserve some gushy thanks too, for putting all of this up here. With the Graveyard gone, what will happen to all the fast-disappearing Sims2 sites? I shudder to think. (And how do you properly mourn a Graveyard anyways? And where do you stand? At the gate? Beside your own computer? I don't think there's any protocol for this.) Anyways, Smorbie, thankyou for doing this, it's greatly appreciated.
Mad Poster
#185 Old 12th Jan 2019 at 6:58 AM
Well, I'll never be a mesher either. I do think I have the temperament for it ( I LIVE for fiddly work!) But my computer skills are . . . well, pretty poor. I know which buttons to hit, and as long as everything goes as planned I'm fine. If not, I'm finished. I don't have your skills; about all I can do is give extremely sincere and gushy thankyous to the people who do have the skills and DO do the work to create such great new stuff for our great game, for which I am very grateful.

I used to think exactly the same way. Then I gave it a try when there was something I wanted that no one had made. Yeah, it's hard to learn, but it's possible.

I'm glad you sorted the files out.
Instructor
#186 Old 17th Jan 2019 at 3:01 AM Last edited by Deastrumquodvicis : 17th Jan 2019 at 7:37 AM.
I really must thank you--my install of A&N has been hinky ever since I installed it (talking about religion wasn't an option, spontaneous crashes likely caused by a broken walkby), so maybe loading in some of the individual portions might help things. I'd even downloaded the exe twice to try to figure out if it was a borked install. Hopefully things will be better now.

EDIT: Nope, religion still FUBAR. Have included log file on the off chance anyone can help, even though this isn't the most appropriate forum. Works fine without the ReligionMid and Religion files, but with them, no can do.
Attached files:
File Type: txt  ObjectError_N008_t1176.txt (28.8 KB, 18 downloads)

Requests? Yes! See my journal entry for palette options! Shameless plugging of my Sim sites: (TS2) · TS4
Scholar
#187 Old 17th Jan 2019 at 2:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Deastrumquodvicis
I really must thank you--my install of A&N has been hinky ever since I installed it (talking about religion wasn't an option, spontaneous crashes likely caused by a broken walkby), so maybe loading in some of the individual portions might help things. I'd even downloaded the exe twice to try to figure out if it was a borked install. Hopefully things will be better now.

EDIT: Nope, religion still FUBAR. Have included log file on the off chance anyone can help, even though this isn't the most appropriate forum. Works fine without the ReligionMid and Religion files, but with them, no can do.

A&N has the full version of religion built in. None of the religion mods are needed or compatible, if they did work and you used one it would seriously degrade your game.
Instructor
#188 Old 21st Jan 2019 at 8:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
A&N has the full version of religion built in. None of the religion mods are needed or compatible, if they did work and you used one it would seriously degrade your game.

Yeah, that was the thing, for some reason even when I installed it and nothing else was going on, nobody was able to talk about religion with anyone else, and a couple of other things that I forgot didn't seem to work with it, very odd, and I don't have any pie menu reorganization mods that might be interfering.

Good to know not to even try with the individual package, though!

Requests? Yes! See my journal entry for palette options! Shameless plugging of my Sim sites: (TS2) · TS4
Test Subject
#189 Old 1st Mar 2019 at 3:09 PM
Can someone help me? How does the travel debugger look, for the visiting other sims mod (CJH_VisitAnyLotByTaxi), since taxi is the only one I can use because of inteen and not being able to find any mod similar to replace it, and I have no idea how the object looks.
Mad Poster
#190 Old 2nd Mar 2019 at 4:13 AM
I'm pretty sure it's a version of the running man statue, but red? Should be in Deco Statues or Deco Misc.
Test Subject
#191 Old 5th Mar 2019 at 7:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I'm pretty sure it's a version of the running man statue, but red? Should be in Deco Statues or Deco Misc.

Thanks a lot, I appreciate it!
Test Subject
#192 Old 19th Apr 2019 at 2:25 AM
I'm having a lot of trouble trying to get the alternative pregnancy controller to work in my game. No miscarriages, no birth control, and no parents under the adult life stage unless I make it happen with Blender. Can someone help me out with it?
Mad Poster
#193 Old 19th Apr 2019 at 9:25 AM
I'd ask Chris Hatch. He's around on here.
Mad Poster
#194 Old 19th Apr 2019 at 6:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Iceey
Can someone help me? How does the travel debugger look, for the visiting other sims mod (CJH_VisitAnyLotByTaxi), since taxi is the only one I can use because of inteen and not being able to find any mod similar to replace it, and I have no idea how the object looks.

After i read this, I went to download that file. It is nowhere in my game, statue or else..but I found the college adjuster that i never downloaded...I think i did something wrong. lol

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Lab Assistant
#195 Old 17th May 2019 at 12:36 PM
Can someone please help me, I started with the Globe, the Child care center and the school mod, but I don't know how to play with my toddlers and kids in there, no taxi come for them

There's more Files need for taxi to arrive and take them to School?

I Tried with only this files in my folder, I extracted all my other stuff trying.

Does anybody manage to go to school, or Child care centers (only toddlers, no adults) with theirs sims?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#196 Old 22nd May 2019 at 4:31 PM
http://simfileshare.net/folder/67039/

This is the adjustable canvas. Could someone check that it's okay and let me know?

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Theorist
#197 Old 25th May 2019 at 7:50 PM
I went through all the mods and downloaded the ones I think we be useful but a couple don't come with info files, so can anyone tell me what the LotCleaner file does? Thank you.

Oh, also, with the mods that allow visiting of other Sims' home lots, is it possible to also shop at home businesses if they have one?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#198 Old 25th May 2019 at 8:25 PM
I downloaded all the info files that came with the mods, but some of them, indeed, didn't contain them. I believe the LotCleaner checks lots to be sure there's no random coding left that can go boom.

I don't know about home businesses, though. Why don't you try it and let us all know? I don't have that mod for my personal use, so I can't answer the question. Sorry.

Mad Poster
#199 Old 25th May 2019 at 8:55 PM
Here's a post from Chris Hatch explaining what the Lot Cleaner object does:

http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...417#post5530417
Theorist
#200 Old 25th May 2019 at 8:56 PM
Not a problem, smorbie. Yeah, there is even one information file that's totally blank but overall most of them are pretty helpful.

Haha. I would try that for myself and will as soon as I can, just thought to ask about it in case anyone who happened along might already know. :D

Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
Here's a post from Chris Hatch explaining what the Lot Cleaner object does:

http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...417#post5530417

I even searched the internet and did not find that (I usually do that before I ask a question). Thank you!!
Page 8 of 13