Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#6926 Old 15th Mar 2019 at 8:23 PM
The "Easter Island" heads came with Seasons. One of them is located on the small island at the mouth of the river in Riverblossom Hills.

The Strangetown head has glasses. From some angles it's easily mistaken for a round bolder with moss on top.
Advertisement
Theorist
#6927 Old 15th Mar 2019 at 9:26 PM
I know that the visitor control does lots of things that I've never even thought of needing. I mostly use it to ban all critters as I find it extremely annoyin when dogs come dig up your yard or flowers. Anyways, I just found that I can now also ban enemies from the lot. No more stolen newspapers or kicked over trashcans in the middle of the night :D
Lab Assistant
#6928 Old 16th Mar 2019 at 12:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by StrangeTownChick
Apparently you can eyedropper a skill bar. Not sure what happens when you do--I was worried the game would crash.

Nothing happens, it's like trying to eyedropper the pillars on the column deck or a sim

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~Theodore Geisel
"If what you are is just what you own, what have you become when they take from you almost everything?" ~Destroya, My Chemical Romance
Mad Poster
#6929 Old 16th Mar 2019 at 10:27 AM
I discovered that the "Add Soap" to a fountain action is autonomous. And the Sim who added it autonomously was none other than Gloria Jones -- Andrew's mum. I was at Go Here Sunshine Park (at night) with Steffi Hentze, one of the two founders of my embryonic all-female Romance Sim commune (which I'm describing in another thread). Steffi was there with a boyfriend playing chess, because she needs a promotion in her (CC) fashion career, and they really can't afford a chess table of their own. I spotted someone dressed in blue moving about behind the trees, so I looked to see who it was. It was Gloria. She went up to the water feature, looked round surreptitiously to make sure no one was watching (didn't see me ), took out a large box of soap powder, and emptied the whole lot into the water. Soon a crowd of Sims had gathered to look at all the bubbles. Steffi (having gained the needed Logic point) and her boyfriend went over to join the crowd looking at the soapsuds. Gloria? She nonchalantly sat down at the chess table that they had just vacated, and started to practice, quickly joined by Tybalt Capp.

The only time I had seen it before was years ago on one of Andrew and Julian's first downtown outings. Just before they left Julian put soap into the fountain, and a crowd was gathering as the boys rode off in their taxi. But Julian only did it because I put the idea into his head, and I think it must be the naughtiest thing that Julian ever did in his life (which seems at odds with his then expressed wish to become a master criminal ). In fact I felt bad about encouraging this normally very well behaved boy to do something so very naughty. But if Gloria, whom I greatly respect, can do it off her own bat, then I don't think I need to feel so bad about it. Even though lots of Sims were shaking their heads in despair at Gloria's act of mindless vandalism. What is the Sim-world coming to?

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#6930 Old 16th Mar 2019 at 5:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
What did you do?

I followed the instructions to the best of my ability. But, honestly, some of them I didn't understand, so I just tried to work around them.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#6931 Old 16th Mar 2019 at 7:21 PM
That doesn't mean that you're stupid. Some stuff like that can be complicated and tricky to get right.
Mad Poster
#6932 Old 17th Mar 2019 at 6:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
I followed the instructions to the best of my ability. But, honestly, some of them I didn't understand, so I just tried to work around them.

I've got the T&A exp on my computer. Do you want me to walk you through it? Or maybe @Chris Hatch can help?
Mad Poster
#6933 Old 17th Mar 2019 at 4:39 PM
My impression is, smorbie, that you have a hard time following written instructions. This just means that instructions are written in a way that isn't intuitive for you. I have the same problem the first time or two I make a pattern in a sewing project - once I figure it out (after a lot of ripping out and resewing) I have to make notes on the pattern instructions, saying things like "and by left, they mean right." And don't get me started on recipes! But most of what I sew fits and will last me several years, and the people who eat my cooking consistently tell me that I'm a good cook.

If you can't get somebody who understands the process better to sit down next to you and walk you through it step by step, the only way I've found to deal with being wired differently than the person who made the instructions is, to accept that I am so wired, put frustration and self-blame on a shelf in my head, and just - do it repeatedly. One step at a time, going back a step as often as necessary, sometimes resolving to try all three of the different ways to interpret an instruction and hope to discover the true intention by trial and error. We learn by making mistakes, so give yourself permission to make mistakes.

At some point you'll learn how to do it and will never have to refer to the instructions for making a fly-front zipper again. It may not ever get to be second nature, you may always have to switch gears and go step-by-hard-earned-step, but you will know it.

And stop calling our friend stupid.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#6934 Old 17th Mar 2019 at 5:23 PM
I found that the new kleptomaniac trait (and it's mod to make it autonomous) is pretty fun when you have two of the same type on a lot. They'll spend their time scamming one another and others, stealing and restealing back their ill-gotten gains.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#6935 Old 17th Mar 2019 at 6:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
The "Easter Island" heads came with Seasons. One of them is located on the small island at the mouth of the river in Riverblossom Hills.

The Strangetown head has glasses. From some angles it's easily mistaken for a round bolder with moss on top.

I don't know what Will looks like: glasses and moss?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#6936 Old 17th Mar 2019 at 6:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by StrangeTownChick
Apparently you can eyedropper a skill bar. Not sure what happens when you do--I was worried the game would crash.

So have you found out if it does anything?

Mad Poster
#6937 Old 17th Mar 2019 at 6:45 PM
Sorry for all the posts; now for MINE:
I figured out the answer to my question about calling in sick; what happens if you call in sick every day? Sim called in sick 3 days in a row and got;" Did you think you could fool me with that fake coughing? You're fired!"
But now I'm wondering if Sim will still be fired if call in every-other day..

Mad Poster
#6938 Old 17th Mar 2019 at 7:10 PM
You could always test it, and not save at the end of your said days of testing.
Talking about call in sick...I always had the same answer : *You don't look fine, stay home and keep your vacation day...* But my Sims were never sick when they called. Mostly, I was making them call in sick because they were too tired to go.
The ONE day my Sim is actually coughing and sick for real...I received a different answer : Stay home, but we'll take that vacation day* I was like..hey!!!!
Never had that fired answer as of yes, needless to say..

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#6939 Old 17th Mar 2019 at 9:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I've got the T&A exp on my computer. Do you want me to walk you through it? Or maybe @Chris Hatch can help?

OmG, I would LOVE your help. I posted on the help section before I even started and no one was dumb, err, sweet enough to volunteer. PM when you are ready to suffer, err, I mean start.

Thanks again! :3

EDIT: @ Rosebine, I once had a guy fired when he called in sick. He was laughing a lot when he did, though. And it's only happened once in all these years.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Field Researcher
#6940 Old 18th Mar 2019 at 1:15 AM
Um, this TV has... a name... and it shows up just like a Sim's?

Top Secret Researcher
#6941 Old 18th Mar 2019 at 1:20 AM
How come all sim portraits (+wants) are in the same pose?

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Scholar
#6942 Old 18th Mar 2019 at 1:37 AM
I think it's a portrait Mod, it could be this one: http://modthesims.info/d/609265/static-ui-poses.html
Field Researcher
#6943 Old 18th Mar 2019 at 2:18 AM
What they said
Top Secret Researcher
#6944 Old 18th Mar 2019 at 2:46 AM
Aha... I don't see the point in that.

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Mad Poster
#6945 Old 18th Mar 2019 at 2:53 AM
Fortunately, you don't have to.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Field Researcher
#6946 Old 18th Mar 2019 at 3:37 AM
What she said
Lab Assistant
#6947 Old 18th Mar 2019 at 5:16 PM Last edited by Boosterbear : 18th Mar 2019 at 8:31 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
So have you found out if it does anything?

Nothing happens, it's like trying to eyedropper the pillars on the column deck or a sim

I learned Sims can get rejected for WooHoo and get a unique memory afterwards

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~Theodore Geisel
"If what you are is just what you own, what have you become when they take from you almost everything?" ~Destroya, My Chemical Romance
Inventor
#6948 Old 19th Mar 2019 at 4:37 AM
Bahahahaha, well... I've just learned that if a sim gets rejected on "Ask Back To My Place", the date immediately ends. Camryn Cooke, wife of Julien Cooke, has been cheating on her husband since the first moment she was out of my control and I've just been running with it. Her current goal is to get ten different lovers. She had asked Bruce Rauscher out on a date and he was giving her some mixed signals. So she tried to coax him back to the townhouse, where she might have a little more luck. But no dice. Bruce declined the offer . Even so, it still ended as a "great date".
Mad Poster
#6949 Old 19th Mar 2019 at 5:57 AM
I learned that my groups.cache file was corrupt and needed to be deleted. I was trying to run Sims 2, and it wouldn't cooperate - it'd start to load up for a few seconds (was watching the Resource Monitor which I like to have open at all times) and then disappear. At first I thought I'd need to repair the game, but nope - just had to delete groups.cache and accessory.cache.
Forum Resident
#6950 Old 19th Mar 2019 at 7:31 AM
I remember I had an old mod for the static portraits way back in the early days, and one EP (Seasons, I think?) made it incompatible. So when I first entered my game after installing, everyone's portraits were seizing non-stop.
Page 278 of 442