Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jul 2007 at 8:47 AM
Default Pet Meshing
All i want to do is mess with a pet mesh(i think) and make it's ear's REALLY long. If someone could help me with this that would be great.
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 30th Jul 2007 at 9:31 AM
You don't need to do anything mesh-wise to do that. You can do that in the game.

- Go into Create a Family
- Start creating a new dog.
- Go to the ear screen
- Set the ear shape to pointy or floppy (whichever you like), then drag the slider for ear length to max.
- Go to one of the other fine adjustment screens - I like to use the one for foreheads, and click any one of the premade facial archetypes at the top to set that part to the archetype.
- Go back to ear adjustments and you'll see that the slider has reset itself. Drag it back to max.
- Repeat the previous two steps as needed.

Just make sure to adjust whatever drastic attributes you need to first, so you don't get your whole dog made and perfect except the ears, then realize you have to mess up his forehead to make his ears longer.

This also works on sims' faces, both in-game and in Body Shop.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st Jul 2007 at 2:20 AM
Default Re:
ok i have another question, is it possible to create pets w/o going into the game?
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#4 Old 31st Jul 2007 at 7:42 AM
no, it's not possible

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?