Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd May 2017 at 3:56 AM
Default What causes this?

When zoomed out, the sim's hair appears to have cracks or seams. When zoomed in, they look almost normal. The seams/cracks do not appear in CAS. YES, this is CC hair, but this is based of a kid's hairstyle converted, and the kids hair, which is EA, does the same thing. Its just far less noticable on the kid because he's small and his hair is lighter. Drives me absolutely bonkers because the game runs more or less really smoothly and beautifully on my PC with no issues other than this dang hair. Is there anything in my settings I can change to address this issue? (Not all hairstyles do this!- Some CC are fine and some EA are fine)

These are my details.

Processor AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six-Core Processor

Video Card AMD Radeon (TM) R9 380 Series

RAM 8.0 GB

Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 (build 14393), 64-bit

Processor AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six-Core Processor
Manufacturer AMD
Speed 3.5 GHz
Number of Cores 6
CPU ID 178BFBFF00600F20
Family 15
Model 02

Video Card AMD Radeon (TM) R9 380 Series
Manufacturer
Chipset AMD Radeon (TM) R9 380 Series
Dedicated Memory 3.0 GB
Total Memory 4.0 GB
Pixel Shader Version 5.1
Vertex Shader Version 5.1
Advertisement
Smeg Head
#2 Old 23rd May 2017 at 12:05 AM
http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...omment_15406654

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4.../4976595#M17333

I tried the NVidia Inspector method about 2/3 months ago, and think it might have worked. What I mean is, I don't recall seeing the lines in game until yesterday. I updated my Nvidia driver the other day for the first time in ages. (Naughty me for letting it slide.) And then I spotted the lines in game again yesterday. I may have to check if the driver update has reset Inspector settings. But I almost forgot about the lines these last few months, so I guess that means the Inspector trick was working, for a bit.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd May 2017 at 7:45 AM
Oooh thank you! I scoured the internet for answers but I just couldn't find anything. I shall give this a try.
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd May 2017 at 9:25 PM
Hmmm, that is for Nvidia... mine is Raedon? When I try to run the Inspector it's all grey...
Smeg Head
#5 Old 25th May 2017 at 12:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by spidergirl79
Hmmm, that is for Nvidia... mine is Raedon? When I try to run the Inspector it's all grey...

Ah, right, of course. Is there no such thing as a Radeon equivalent? I'm IBM-Nvidia conditioned through and through, and would probably never use a Mac or a Radeon product even if you gave them to me for free. At a pinch I might, if no other choices were available. Especially if you send them to me for free.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 25th May 2017 at 4:17 PM
There probably is but alas I do not know how to adjust the settings on these things! *sigh* :/ I think it's called Radeon Pro. It's no longer supported. -_-