Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th May 2017 at 5:56 PM
Default Real-World Inspiration for Hoods
What inspired (or is going to inspire) your hood. I plan to base parts of mine in the very nautical Ericeira, Portugal. Cliffs, blue and white buildingd, ocean, beach houses, etc. How about you?

What's going on in your game group here: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdis...546&groupid=906
Check it out ;)
Advertisement
Link Ninja
#2 Old 4th May 2017 at 8:12 PM
The west coast US most definitely, especially for my subhoods: Scandalica City is Like a Los Angeles - lots of urban living and nightlife; Memosa Bay is like Seattle - lush and rainy and hipster-esque; Kashmire Point is like Orange County with it's tourism and surfing; and Pandora is like Death Valley/Las Vegas with it's wild west feeling in the desert.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Field Researcher
#3 Old 4th May 2017 at 11:03 PM
I take inspiration from historical Los Angeles but also older buildings from my own city.

If anyone is interested, I have a "hidden treasure" of pictures from historical Los Angeles here.
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 5th May 2017 at 3:45 AM
Cool! Los Angeles changed so much! I love 1920's Los Angeles best though . Thanks for sharing Prah and Charmful.

What's going on in your game group here: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdis...546&groupid=906
Check it out ;)
#5 Old 6th May 2017 at 9:20 PM
I myself like Coastal Northeast for my inspiration with alot of Georgian architectural influence thrown in. Looks so breath taking and peaceful in the winter despite the coldness.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 8th May 2017 at 2:36 PM
When I build houses instead of playing: The modern more boxed style used in northern europe
playing: SCREW EVERYTHING WE ARE JUST GONNA GIVE YA A ROOF OVER YA HEAD

I build small houses *^*