Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Apr 2017 at 5:00 AM
Default trying to find someone in my area willing to help
Okay I'm not sure if this sort of thing is allowed here, but I figured I would try.

Anyway, so as I'm sure some of you might know I've been dealing with a lot of personal problems over the last several months. I've pretty much fallen to a point where I just can't get myself going again, and I just can't beat this on my own I need help. However I simply don't have a clue what to do or how to handle this anymore, and the only people that could potentially help don't seem willing to do anything. So I've been trying to see if I can somehow meet anyone in my area that might be willing to help me get back on the right track. I'm not asking for a miracle here, I don't need someone to do everything for me. I just want someone that can give me some guidance, someone that I can actually be around and talk with. I've tried other sites with no luck, so I thought I would try here too since most people here have been kind and respectful to me. I know it is highly unlikely that there will be anyone around my area, and even less likely that someone would be in my area and willing to help, but I thought it would be worth trying. Well just in case, I'm in Rochester New York. Honestly I would even be happy to just make a friend in my area again. So in the extremely unlikely case that you are in or around Rochester and would be willing to even just chat please send me a PM. I know this seems like a desperate thing to do, but honestly I'm just so lost I don't know what to do anymore. I don't expect anything to be honest, I'd be surprised if anyone reads this actually, but for anyone that does actually read it then thank you for at least taking the time.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 8th Apr 2017 at 2:41 PM
Hey, so I'm not in your area (sorry...), but I did go through depression, too. When I started to feel like I needed some people to talk to, I tried out OkCupid. I know it sounds like the last website you'd like to try in your current situation, but it is not simply a dating website.

You can specify what you're looking for when you register (love, friendship, and so on), what genders interest you, and stuff like that. Plus, it's free! For me, it was a nice way to find people to talk to, who had some things in common with me. It really helped. I met some IRL and, yeah, it did me good.

So, just in case you can't find someone in your area on here (which I hope you will!), there's always this, just in case.

I wish you all the best, I know how awful depression is.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 8th Apr 2017 at 4:32 PM
I have some other thoughts on that. I'll message you.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 9th Apr 2017 at 6:26 AM
Thank you for the suggestion Soukizini. I don't know if I will try that just yet, but I will definitely keep it in mind for the future. I always assumed it was just a dating site, and even though loneliness has been a huge problem for me I stayed away from sites like that because I just didn't feel comfortable with them. I guess if I get desperate enough I'll give it a try.

Thank you for the messages VerDeTerre, I really appreciate it.