Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jul 2022 at 7:02 PM
Default (Scripting) Custom Interaction for children and teens.
So, I'm really, REALLY new at modding and could use some pointers, I was watching this tutorial on custom interactions by Puddingface, and i think i did it right but honestly I'm not sure, here is my current code (I need to learn how to make it just for teens and children and add more then one notification message but right now I'm just trying to make it work; also, I'm suppose to set it to x84 on any cpu, right???)
Screenshots
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 7th Jul 2022 at 7:39 PM
I can help with this? I think? Anyways, I'll share how I did some things and others can correct me if I'm wrong.

To get whether someone's a teen, I did this after getting the actor (how to do that depends on your method):
Code:
bool ActorIsTeen = Actor.SimDescription.Teen;

Then, I checked whether that bool was true in an if statement.
Code:
if (ActorIsTeen == true)
{
  (Do what you want to)
}
else
{
  (What you want to happen otherwise)
}

For child, just replace all instances of teen with child.

As for getting it to work... have you hooked it up to a listenerevent, or some other trigger? It needs some type of trigger to be called. And, have you used kInstantiator and created the matching XML?
Edit: Oh wait, this is a social interaction... durr...
Space Pony
#3 Old 7th Jul 2022 at 8:04 PM
It seems like you have mixed a template with the setup in the tutorial which you probably didnt want to do.

you can extract this to \S3_TemplateCreator\Templates folder (from The ScriptTemplateCreator program) and use the template with the name ImmediateInteraction_NoUtility to have a project that already has a immediate interaction ready to go you only need to replace the text with something more to your liking.
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  ImmediateInteraction_NoUtility.7z (1.1 KB, 5 downloads)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th Jul 2022 at 8:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Battery
It seems like you have mixed a template with the setup in the tutorial which you probably didnt want to do.

you can extract this to \S3_TemplateCreator\Templates folder (from The ScriptTemplateCreator program) and use the template with the name ImmediateInteraction_NoUtility to have a project that already has a immediate interaction ready to go you only need to replace the text with something more to your liking.

Lol, I'm not surprised i blotched it, So, what do i need to add from the tutorial to the template? I don't really what to botch it again
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Jul 2022 at 8:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by YolkSims
I can help with this? I think? Anyways, I'll share how I did some things and others can correct me if I'm wrong.

To get whether someone's a teen, I did this after getting the actor (how to do that depends on your method):
Code:
bool ActorIsTeen = Actor.SimDescription.Teen;

Then, I checked whether that bool was true in an if statement.
Code:
if (ActorIsTeen == true)
{
  (Do what you want to)
}
else
{
  (What you want to happen otherwise)
}

For child, just replace all instances of teen with child.

As for getting it to work... have you hooked it up to a listenerevent, or some other trigger? It needs some type of trigger to be called. And, have you used kInstantiator and created the matching XML?
Edit: Oh wait, this is a social interaction... durr...

Yeah, maybe i should have set that, sorry but thank you for the pointers :D
Space Pony
#6 Old 7th Jul 2022 at 8:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by OhCrapItsTBGP
Lol, I'm not surprised i blotched it, So, what do i need to add from the tutorial to the template? I don't really what to botch it again

While i use SharpDevelop Visual studio should work very similar you can follow these steps:

0. Navigate to Interaction.cs and open after loading your Project into your IDE
1. You can right click on TemplateImmediateInteraction and select Rename to give your interaction another name (this is optional and not needed)
2. change "Hello" to a make the actor say something you like dont forget the "" around it example "Ahoi everyone !"
3. change the "Template ImmediateInteraction" to the name you want to appear in the sims pie menu example "Ask for something"

Then you can compile your project, import it into the package file and test what you already have. if everything works you can think of taking the next step.

Renaming (Step 1) [optional]
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 7th Jul 2022 at 9:19 PM
While i use SharpDevelop Visual studio should work very similar you can follow these steps:

0. Navigate to Interaction.cs and open after loading your Project into your IDE
1. You can right click on TemplateImmediateInteraction and select Rename to give your interaction another name (this is optional and not needed)
2. change "Hello" to a make the actor say something you like dont forget the "" around it example "Ahoi everyone !"
3. change the "Template ImmediateInteraction" to the name you want to appear in the sims pie menu example "Ask for something"

Then you can compile your project, import it into the package file and test what you already have. if everything works you can think of taking the next step.

Renaming (Step 1) [optional]

Thank you so much! This is going to help a ton! Do you mind giving me pointers on how to make this only between Parent and child? I have a small idea on how to do this but honestly I'm probably absolutely wrong.
Space Pony
#8 Old 7th Jul 2022 at 10:02 PM
Thank you so much! This is going to help a ton! Do you mind giving me pointers on how to make this only between Parent and child? I have a small idea on how to do this but honestly I'm probably absolutely wrong.

you could use this as your test method within your interaction

Code:
public override bool Test(Sim actor, Sim target, bool isAutonomous, ref GreyedOutTooltipCallback greyedOutTooltipCallback)
{
	if(actor == target){return false;}		
	for (int i = 0; i < actor.SimDescription.Genealogy.Parents.Count; i++)  //loop through all parents within the actors genealogy
	{
		if (actor.SimDescription.Genealogy.Parents[i].SimDescription.SimDescriptionId == target.SimDescription.SimDescriptionId) // pass if true
		{
			return true;
		}
	}	
	return false; // else dont allow this itneraction
}

be aware that this implementation is probably not optimal performance wise but it is most likely the simplest one
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 7th Jul 2022 at 10:38 PM
you could use this as your test method within your interaction

Code:
public override bool Test(Sim actor, Sim target, bool isAutonomous, ref GreyedOutTooltipCallback greyedOutTooltipCallback)
{
	if(actor == target){return false;}		
	for (int i = 0; i < actor.SimDescription.Genealogy.Parents.Count; i++)  //loop through all parents within the actors genealogy
	{
		if (actor.SimDescription.Genealogy.Parents[i].SimDescription.SimDescriptionId == target.SimDescription.SimDescriptionId) // pass if true
		{
			return true;
		}
	}	
	return false; // else dont allow this itneraction
}

be aware that this implementation is probably not optimal performance wise but it is most likely the simplest one

Thank you! Can i ask one more thing? I keep getting errors in both SharpDevelop and VS (I use both btw) Is there a way to fix that? It's probably easy but I'm kinda dumb sometimes :/
Screenshots
Space Pony
#10 Old 8th Jul 2022 at 3:48 PM
Thank you! Can i ask one more thing? I keep getting errors in both SharpDevelop and VS (I use both btw) Is there a way to fix that? It's probably easy but I'm kinda dumb sometimes :/

Hmm i am not sure why you did edit the Main.cs which should have been fine. (unless you want to make your own modding life difficult )

it seems that youve removed the parameter enclosures for the constructor which you need to add back in and you need your method you want to call onworldload having the correct name

Code:
static Simbling()  //() was missing [Line13]
{
           World.OnWorldLoadFinishedEventHandler += OnWorldLoaded; // was OnWorldLoadFinished before [Line 15]
}

E: you can also mark all the text (ctrl+a) and then hit ctrl+i to "reformat" your code so the { and } match up identation wise again