Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st May 2018 at 1:50 PM Last edited by Tashiketh : 11th May 2018 at 10:35 AM.
Default Theme Catchup2018

It is time for a new theme! Or should I say an old theme

It is time for the catchup theme! Did you miss a nice new sticker, say one for Performing Arts, Seasons and Celebrations, Maternity and Beyond, Adventure, or Pets? Well never fear! #catchup2018 is here! Just include a hashtag for the theme you missed PLUS the #catchup2018 on your upload and earn that sticker! There however won't be an actual sticker for this theme, just a hashtag. This theme will last through May and June. The stickers being given out will only be from one of those themes. However, if you want to upload something extra to the theme, even if you already have the sticker, please feel free.

Now for some exciting news! Our theme after this one is going to be a very special one! One that is both suggested and voted on, by all our MTS members.

Please go to Our new theme suggestions thread and make suggestions for an upcoming theme! We will take ideas from some of the top rated suggestions and make a poll from them for all of you to vote on. This poll will be offered in about a month, after we have had time for all of your wonderful ideas to be suggested Make sure to hit love on any ideas that you like in the suggestion thread as those ideas with the most loves have the greatest chance of making it to the poll. However, once we start the poll itself, there will be only one vote per member in the poll, so make sure to vote for the theme you like best!

Now on to those who have earned a sticker for this last theme! If you haven't gotten your theme sticker in a week or so please let us know!

TwilightsimsDestiny Islands from Kingdom Hearts (Residential)
icemunmunJungle Adventure Minor mods - [Updated 1st July 2018] (Overrides)
pancake101Castaway Cavern (No CC) (Residential)
TwilightsimsKingdom Hearts Career (Careers)
Red SonjaLafitte's Blacksmith Shop Bar (Community)
SimFusedLet's Go Camping! Recolours (Outdoor)
TwilightsimsAdventurer Career (Careers)
SimFused30 Recolors of Nightlife's Painting 'Two Dogs and an Olive' (Decorative)
TwilightsimsAdventurer Trait (Traits)
EmilitaRabbitAdventure Art (Decorative)
LizUnder the Sea Bedroom (Bedroom)
TwilightsimsThe Sims Castaway Stories Careers (Careers)
justJonesPennsylvania Smith PhD (Other)
TigerWaberC-C-C-C-Campgrounds! (Lodging)
AlawenAbandoned Facilities (Playable Tomb) (Tombs)
CharmfulMountain Watercolors (Decorative)
MichelleLet's Go Camping! Grass Co Recolours (Outdoor)
CatherineTCJDRotenburo Ryokan ~ Japanese Inspired Hotel with Hot Springs (Lodging)
LizCommunity Onsen (Community)
GoldenbtrflyBon Voyage Travel Agency - No CC! (Community)
MyWickedSims3 Lakes - Beach hotel (CC free) (Lodging)
yavannatwVintage travel posters (Decorative)
ooctozeAl Simhara Predicaments Billboard (Decorative)
gummiluttPeacock Gardens & Temple (Community)
ThatShinyKittyKatThe Getaway Home (Luxury Treehouse NO CC) (Residential)
HoneywellO'Keefe Globes: Standing Tabletop and Mini (Decorative)
KestinSet of Cave Walls (Walls and Floors)
Yvelotic2001Garswn Dining - Wanderlust Round 1 Entry (Community)
lauratje86Diplomacy Teen/Elder Career - Default Replacement For The Adventurer Career (Careers)
missyhissyArchaeology Career (Careers)
ZarathustraStormwall - Medieval Walled City - NO CC (Apartments)
JustpetroBushveld camping - a camping hotel (Lodging)
2 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#2 Old 1st May 2018 at 10:45 PM
Well done everyone!

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Mad Poster
#3 Old 2nd May 2018 at 1:25 AM
I've read it, but just to be sure I understand..you said :
The stickers being given out will only be from one of those themes. However, if you want to upload something extra to the theme, even if you already have the sticker, please feel free.

What if, in my next upload, there is a baby crib and a pet bed. Can I use both maternity and pet theme tags, along with the catchup 2018 tag..and get both stickers?
Or...can we get as many stickers as we have uploads per theme? (one upload I tag pet = I get the pet sticker, then another upload I tag said theme = I get said theme etc..)
I understand that even though I'd have 4 uploads tagged with pet theme, I would only get the sticker once, duh. But yeah.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#4 Old 2nd May 2018 at 3:37 AM
Right you can upload to any and all of the themes just tag them with the catchup tag as well. Basically you can earn all of the stickers this theme for the past year
Space Pony
#5 Old 2nd May 2018 at 3:44 AM
Having finally gotten my game working again (all I had to do was uninstall the two programs I installed between it working and it not working...I'm a fool), I am greatly behind on stickers, and I believe I shall tackle this.

It's only possible to get the stickers from 2017 and 2018 this time around, right? And I'm guessing there won't be another chance to get the earlier ones. I truly am a fool, but oh well. Some more is better than no more.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd May 2018 at 4:13 AM
Yes you can get all of them for the past year
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 8th May 2018 at 1:14 AM
Ok stickers are UP!

So PLEASE if you didn't get it, please let me know.
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#8 Old 13th May 2018 at 5:41 PM
In the past, we would upload neighborhoods of a specific theme... and we all got the stickers... the group account got one and every group member as well...
But that was when lidiqnata was hosting these monthly themes...

So let's say we upload a neighborhood for the Pets Theme... would we all get a sticker individually... or would just the group account get one?
Because we'd have the Pet Stories neighborhoods recreated for TS2... which would be a great addition to the Pets Theme.

Not to mention that we also have a Sci-Fi themed neighborhood on store... but we'll release that once you go for a Space Theme.

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#9 Old 13th May 2018 at 10:04 PM
@Jawusa, each member of a group would get a sticker still, yes.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 25th May 2018 at 12:20 AM
I'd like a sticker... but I have absolutely zero modding experience... Don't even own Photoshop. The only modding I've done was replace a tattoo in Sims 2 and some basic package management...
Instructor
#11 Old 25th May 2018 at 4:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Craft90
I'd like a sticker... but I have absolutely zero modding experience... Don't even own Photoshop. The only modding I've done was replace a tattoo in Sims 2 and some basic package management...

You don't need modding skill. Bodyshop thingy and lots and cie are also counted in.

I believe in the "Thanks" button and its amazing powers !!!
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 25th May 2018 at 5:44 AM
Yes you can build lots plus there are free programs like gimp and paint.net for recolors.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 26th May 2018 at 12:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ankoyume
You don't need modding skill. Bodyshop thingy and lots and cie are also counted in.

cie? I'm not sure what that means. Also, even if I would get gimp and try my hand on a recolor... I don't think I've the skill for it. My only experience is with like Paint and some icons iin PS Elements. I guess I can try making a lot... but I'm not sure it'll turn out very well.
Space Pony
#14 Old 30th May 2018 at 3:52 AM
Now that I think about it, I never needed to know this in the past, but if I ever think of ideas for the themes I haven't submitted to yet (and/or find things I can modify for the few ideas I do have; I've done a lot of useless searching lately), I might need to not wait for each one to get posted before I submit the next one if I'm going to make the end of June. Am I allowed to do that? Have more than one thing waiting for moderation at once? It feels so pushy.
Forum Resident
#15 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 8:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Craft90
cie? I'm not sure what that means. Also, even if I would get gimp and try my hand on a recolor... I don't think I've the skill for it. My only experience is with like Paint and some icons iin PS Elements. I guess I can try making a lot... but I'm not sure it'll turn out very well.

Paint.NET isn't as feature-loaded as Photoshop or the GIMP, but you can still do quite a bit with it, and it might be easier to get started with if you're used to Paint. If you decide to try, there are some good tutorials on YouTube that might be helpful. (Well, they were for me.)
Field Researcher
#16 Old 4th Jun 2018 at 9:53 PM Last edited by Craft90 : 29th Jun 2018 at 3:06 AM.
So I have never tried my hand on a Sims 3 WA tomb... but the adventure challenge inspired me. So I made a Maya/Aztec inspired temple (though with my own spin.) I have no idea how to convert it to something along the lines of a tomb tho. I also doesn't know how to tell which packs are required for something like that. I did try to keep it light though and no CC (even if I was tempted to look for some darker CC). I don't know how to put it up tho.

I... finally uploaded my entry into this challenge... I had some serious anxiety about it. I didn't know if it would be good enough. Now I might be too late. Either way... it's up now. Uhm. I messed up tho and uploaded a version with some issues. I corrected those but then I couldn't remove the older version. Sorry...
Field Researcher
#17 Old 31st Aug 2018 at 12:31 AM
Oh damn! I missed this, I hope it gets revived later in the year.
Test Subject
#18 Old 20th Dec 2018 at 3:04 PM
It is so cool! I really like it